Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

I’m not sure what’s up, I can see it on both my phone and my PC (I can even see it in your quoted message). Also someone commented on the content of the picture so I know it shows up for others as well.

-Ben

I have the newest version of chrome, I just checked for updates. I can see the pic fine, I can't fix a problem I don't appear to have. Either way the asset in question is released now anyway, so it's not a big deal.

-Ben

(not that it matters) but I don't see the image either. Looks like it might be a Discord link? Is it in a private channel, perhaps?

Busy times in Cincinnati! It's mid-1949, just outside of Cincinnati Union Depot, and the depot is still a constant hive of activity. Starting at the rearmost main, we see LE&E train number 63, the Continental Limited, pulling into the depot. Here, the train will be handed off to the OR&W, which will handle the train the remainder of the way to St. Louis.

We also see CA&L train number 118, the Advance Gulf Ranger, backing into the station. Destined for New Orleans, this train will need to back across the Belt Line's Ohio River bridge (just behind the camera) to the CA&L's Covington yards before being wyed to face the correct direction. The lack of space on Cincinnati's waterfront and in downtown Covington necessitated this lengthy maneuver, requiring the CA&L to keep switchers on stand-by at the depot to pilot the rear end of their outbound passenger trains as a time-saving measure.

In the foreground, a MNRR E-1 leads a mixed freight destined for their Ohio River yard past a L&A time-freight, inbound from Lexington. While neither road utilized the Union Depot, both roads used the station's freight bypass tracks to access their respective facilities. In the background, a LE&E switch crew prepares to shuffle mail and express cars towards the terminal. These cars and possibly more will likely be forwarded on 63 to St. Louis.

2019-05-10_185342.jpg

Last edited:
(not that it matters) but I don't see the image either. Looks like it might be a Discord link? Is it in a private channel, perhaps?
That wouldn't be the issue. I think it is a Discord image, and I'm in the channel where he posted it first, but I can't see the link. I think it's just not properly set up. :confused: Either way, the loco he was teasing is out now.

I hope you don't mind me posting, but this is some amazing looking models :). Great work. Thank You.

FJBsIv.jpg

msz4kC.jpg

Arm2O2.jpg

0LzlJy.jpg

c3LYGf.jpg

AkiPXp.jpg

gBxZ6d.jpg

qYhitw.jpg

jBIb0Z.jpg

Regards Claus

Jacksonbarno,
The congestion in the Cinncinnati Yard is so cool. I loved it, and really enjoyed your description of all the different consists and their interaction. Very Nice!

Heinrich505

Thanks! That's probably one of my favorite locations on any route I've made yet, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Here are some more WiP shots of yet another project of mine:

2019-05-19_211509.jpg
2019-05-19_212018.jpg
2019-05-19_212100.jpg
2019-05-19_213844.jpg
2019-05-19_213920.jpg
2019-05-19_214052.jpg
2019-05-19_214115.jpg
2019-05-19_214128.jpg
2019-05-19_214340.jpg
2019-05-19_214525.jpg

Jacksonbarno,
Thanks so much for the WIP shots. They are, as usual, amazing! The crossing tracks in the yard are crazy intricate. Your snow effects are very realistic, especially where trees and bushes appear to be sunken into deeper snow. Very nice effects.

Your 9th shot with all those crossing tracks, in a curve even, is really stunning. Another route to look forward to. :clap: Your pictures are wonderful!

Heinrich505

Thanks! Sorry for the wait, I must have missed your comment. Lots and lots of work left on all of these projects but I'm still plugging away!

Action on the CA&L at Covington! CA&L train 119, again the Advance Gulf Ranger, rolls towards its destination at Cincinnati's Central Depot, as always right on time. Disappearing behind the gorgeous Alco set, a quartet of F3s heads back to the CA&L's Covington yards, having just tied up EFC-01 (a joint LE&E-CA&L perishables and LCL hotshot destined for Boston) at the Miami yard complex.

In the background, the CA&L's Covington Turn waits for both trains to clear the interlocking. Having switched the CA&L's extensive East Covington branch network, the local will shove back up the Belt Line's Newport branch (behind the camera) and retrieve a set-out from the Belt Line's Newport Turn before returning to the Covington yards.

2019-06-06_215232.jpg

Last edited:
Very nicely done! The Advance Gulf Ranger is really a fine looking A-B-A set.

I really enjoy your descriptions of the consists and what each of them are doing - it breathes life into the screen shot because each consist has a purpose and destination.

Heinrich505

Thanks! I always try to add in a bit of backstory to my screenshots, it's always fun and it does really help bring everything to life. Glad you enjoy it!

Showing off some more of Dan's recent Baldwins:

A trio of MKT AS-16s heads up a local freight through Myers, Missouri. Having just switched the town of Jacobs, about a mile or two west, the train will continue on to Geneva, where it will be broken up and pieced out to various through freights headed to, among other places, St. Louis, Joplin, and Tulsa.

2019-06-07_160030.jpg
2019-06-07_160311.jpg
2019-06-07_160541.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Those look great! Can't wait until those get released, especially those 4-6-0 Ten-wheelers.

And if I make a suggestion, maybe for a future project you could make some models of the Central Pacific Stevens 4-4-0s, like the No. 173 after it was rebuilt in 1872 (as well as the locomotive Walt Disney used as the basis for his 1:8 locomotive the Lilly Belle for his Carolwood Pacific Railroad in 1950), to compliment the other Central Pacific locomotives you've made. What do you think?

Last edited:
Back