Trainz Forge: Routes, Reskins and Renders

We must read the same books :hehe: ( Jackson ) I've always wanted to make a version of the Horseshoe curve as two tracked 1880 . But talk about content being needed :D . I'm still getting my feet wet in creating content. ( really need a second monitor ) time, more time .

Anyways...... I for one will be vary interested in seeing more of your work .

There could never be too munch PRR .:hehe:

Matt
I'm with you Matt, I would love to see an early PRR route and equipment!

I've always like Fall season, as the trees are at their most colorful, unlike summer, where they're various shades of green and winter, when they're leafless.

So as of now I have decided to slowly release to you guys parts of the project as I go, Altoona is the next chunk that needs done so give me some time for that, I chose an era where the yard was at it's most vast and I am trying to do as much of an exact copy as I can. As for the look of the route, I am still unsure of what to do. I haven't found any good fall trees to place on the map that'll work past 2010 unless TANE accepts the ones I have on it already. I also have a version of the route for summer, but that seems to overdone as seasons go. I was considering a winter version maybe. So what do you guys think, Fall? Summer? Winter?

Josh

Not to long ago I installed the demo into T:ANE. It went in without errors or warnings, the only assets I saw that didn't work were whistle and speed limit signs. The trees showed just like they always do.

-Ben

well then what would you guys think, fall or winter. Both have their perks, fall is naturally beautiful, but winter creates some interesting looks and some cool sessions as well.

I'm a four season guy , love em all . Fall is what I like to model , but that's only because its what I modeled in scale rail HO O G . :D

Matt

Thought I'd revive this thread since we actually are still alive! lol
First is some C628s, the N&W engines are basically done and the first of three C&NW variants is half-skinned. Waiting in the wings is the first low hood variant I've had a chance to complete....Monon. Also, a sneak peek at one of Dan's projects. Only in one livery in the shot be we've got several more done and coming!

EDIT: Adding a shot of the very unfinished Monon just so I don't have to do it later. :p

-Ben

Last edited:
OOhh Man , They look really good . Just the right amount of dirt . And it's nice to see more D&H .. Now ? would those C628's maybe coming in Pennsey ..?

Matt

OOhh Man , They look really good . Just the right amount of dirt . And it's nice to see more D&H .. Now ? would those C628's maybe coming in Pennsey ..?

Matt

Lol, Pennsy never had HH C628s as far as I'm aware. After I finish doing all of the prototype C628s I'll be moving on to other Century classes, such as C630 and C636. Not to mention the four-axle variants!:D

-Ben

I can't really answer for Ben on that, but I can also show off...
AFC0A1A2309E77F7CCFFB552D11B068BE04A299C

5147D218322A74C1F58574DF12FEABA4D4F2E643

Struggling over Cajon with a lengthy TOFC.
EC8A70D69911A9BE2D94891B38D42D6EA86DC4BC

D2DC8CA59A2F792CDDD283A46BB9D00C78AC10CD

And rolling up to speed out of Cheyenne with the City of Los Angeles​.

Pennsey did have ALCO C628 & C630 . I've had this conservation before . LOL

HC_MAY66_06_A.jpg

For some reason , they have the designation of AF27

I'm not asking for these , just putting the record straight . LOL . Like I said , had this one too many times

Matt . I love these wana be steam Diesels .

Last edited:
That one you got me , Pennsey didn't go high hood . But they did barrow the N&W C628's more then a few times . Which I consider wana be Pennseys . LOL Anyways , your work looks fantastic Ben . And I'm looking forward to more shorts of it .

955c6a16161328a75e2dd5b71d90dff6.jpg

Alco's look great low or high , regardless . LOL . And your edit wasn't missed . LOL

Matt

I'm going to have to say no there, just because it's so unique. But I will say I know somebody has made a very nice one and it will more than likely be released in the future. Probably. Lol

-Ben

Reskinning UP passenger equipment is a terrifying rabbit hole. Every time you think that you're just about done, all sorts of stuff comes out of the woodwork: new variations in paint schemes, obscure passenger cars that were only in service for a few years, leased cars, rebuilds with almost no photographs, renumbering and renaming, the list just goes on and on.

ed491eaf7c81f826d4d7442bb90e43ef.jpg

Not yet, but soon!
Add one more to the list, my favorite scheme from my favorite road, D&RGW Aspen Leaf.

-Ben

Last edited:
Back