Changing the Interior of a Locomotive

pogbellies

I have been trying to get some better interiors on some of my shunting locos. In some cases just changing the interior to one that I like works fine, however in some cases the new interior appears much too high from the cabin viewpoint so that I am towering over surrounding locos.

Is there a (relatively) simple way to adjust the height of the interior on each loco?

Clone the interior you want and add the line, 'position 0,0,0' to its mesh table. Alter the final '0' (height) by small increments (say 0.2 or -0.2) until you get the results you require. Example below:

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "driver.im"
auto-create 1
position 0,0,0.5
}
}

Good luck, ingha

In Content Manager select the interior you want and right click it. In the drop down box click 'clone'. A new version of the asset will appear with your kuid no. Close the original by right clicking it and selecting 'revert', then right click the new one and select 'edit' then 'edit in explorer'. Look for 'config.txt' and click it. This will open it for editing. Find the mesh table and add the new line, also change the 'username' so that you can tell the old and new assets apart (simplest way is to just add your initials). Make sure you save the altered config.txt before closing it and then the asset box. Now right click the asset and select 'edit' then 'commit'.

As Kieran says, remember to edit the loco to alter the 'interior' kuid no. in its config.txt, including in the kuid table at the end.

Some interiors have a raft of levers and dials all with separate im's. If you get problems just post here which loco and interiors you are trying to convert.

Best wishes, ingha.

Hmmm it sort of worked, I seem to have changed the camera viewpoint though I now have a three year olds viewpoint inside the cab!:eek: Will persevere to see what different values do.

Back