TS Mac 2 issue

because you have seriously messed it up. just paste in what i posted or type it in much more careful than you did, though you might have to add an actual thumbnail.jpg image to your mesh_art folder

I added my own little thumbnail...named it thumbnail.jpg, implemented code...and still redtagged.:eek:

Now - The Tag '"' is not permitted within a container of type 'train car'. shows.

Last edited:
This is most likely the problem(replication of what would cause said error of the tag '"'):

You can see a " in between kind and script, and to the right of kind is traincar. I'm willing to bet that is the problem. Simply remove the " and it should be fixed.
That error really just means you added an extra " somewhere near "traincar"

As for adding your own thumbnail, I find the simplest way to do it and have it work:
First paste in a picture just here

Then just replace both image sections with it, as shown below.

Realistically, it's inefficient, but I find it it to work 100% of the time - as long as I spell it right...
I believe the error about mesh_art not being allowed in container type '0' is something about that line of text is just in the wrong place, but not totally sure.

Also, what is the exact asset being installed here with these errors?

you have:

Code:
image "mesh_art/thumbnail.jpg___

that is why you get a tag error, that and the fact you close the tumbnails container before adding the 1 to it. that isnt what i posted

it should be:
Code:
image "mesh_art/thumbnail.jpg"

paste exactly what i have in my post.

you have:

Code:
image "mesh_art/thumbnail.jpg___

that is why you get a tag error, that and the fact you close the tumbnails container before adding the 1 to it. that isnt what i posted

it should be:
Code:

paste exactly what i have in my post.

I did exactly that, noo bueeno. Even placed a literal thumbnail in the mesh art folder...

I'm sorry but no you didn't I see your screenshot above. I wouldn't have given the snippet from a working config if it didn't work.

again:

Code:
thumbnails
{
  {
    width                             128
    height                             64
    image "mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.texture"
  }

{
    width                               240
    height                              180
  }
}

oookay, so the code works as you posted...now I've gotten:

- The Tag '"' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.

Yikes!! lol.

That's showing you have extra parenthesis somewhere in the config. A common problem when editing configs is not placing or not removing the { or " that need to be added or removed. Please post another screenshot of the config the way it is now most specifically the locations you did editing.

Bill

You can do it applegathc, just be patient and careful.

When editing/fixing config files in order to make repairs to assets coming up as faulty you have to be very careful and very precise; as stated by slave-driver and norfolksouthern37 you must be sure to make the changes exactly as shown without adding stray characters (i.e. by accidentally hitting keystrokes or by TextEdit's autocorrection being triggered -- Mac users must watch for this). As text apps/word processors often do when it comes to autocorrection, the Mac's TextEdit application can have a bit of a mind of its own so I would suggest copying and pasting as much as possible. And always perform a visual check of the edit/fix within the .config file for confirmation before committing (for TS2 Mac users that would be Submit Edits in Content Manager).

It would be best to just copy and paste exactly what norfolksouthern37 has provided for the thumbnails portion of this .config, and then visually inspect and confirm that what you have copied and pasted still looks like what you intended to copy and paste.

If you choose to perform this type of correction manually, then type out texture" in place of tga" for the line
image "mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.texture"
again making sure that what you need to change is what was actually changed -- without any extraneous characters being added. Again using copy and paste will be a great help for being precise and will be particularly helpful if you are performing this repair on more than one asset with this same TS2 Mac error.

If you are still unable to get this repair to work, please post an exact copy from TextEdit of the entire .config file; that would allow folks trying to help to see what is going on in your repairs.

Please Note: Unless an asset is clearly identified as being specifically updated or made for TS2 Mac, you will likely experience some errors and/or warnings due to TS2 Mac's very strict 3.8 Content Manager. These types of TS2 Mac errors happen with all kinds of content, a good deal of TS12 SP1 content as well, and it doesn't matter whether it is DLS content, freeware downloaded from a Trainz author's or group's website or payware. However, if you do learn how to fix a few of these pesky TS2 Mac errors then you open yourself up to a ton of really cool freeware and payware.

Good luck with this repair applegathc!

And thanks to norfolksouthern37 and Jointed Rail for making such high quality content!

-- Owen

Back