Patches

Got up his morning about 2 AM and after about 5 hours, the patch had already been installed and it was checking the database. Couple hours later, I woke up again ( not that I was anxious) and it was installing the Auran DLC like Blue Comet etc..... Couple of hours later, everything was installed, I fired up TS12 and went to Maria Pass which I had started running yesterday, everything started up fine, and it looks great.. I can't believe it!!!!!No problems, everything seems to work, and the graphics look much better than before. Going to get a FCT this morning and start running Trainz again.. :)

Is it an urban myth that when first installing Trainz, that you should not run a train, until all your patch's are completed ... I have always wondered ???

For TRS2006, this was true (the patch had to be installed before even launching the game). For later (and possibly earlier) versions though, Trainz can be run before installing patches.

Shane

Last edited:
Well I think I spoke way too soon this morning. Now that I have tried to run a couple of routes, I find that TS12 is now riddled with bugs, crashes, inability to use Raildriver with steam engines despite loading latest RD software for SP1, and I have watched the data base repair run at least 4 times because it locks up when trying to download content updates in Trainz.. A couple of routes won't run at all, one loads in mid air, it's just a hodge podge of confusion. I probably will try and roll it back with system restore, and if that doesn't work, uninstall the game and chalk it up to experience. . Not worth the headache.

Yeah, we forgot to mention something about SP1 HF4. A lot of content WILL go faulty. Best advise is to download PEV'S tools straight away, install all of them, open content maganger, filter out to only show faulty content, select all and view errors, then once the non faulty assets go back to being themselves, use Image's2TGA and PM2IM to fix ALL the old content.

I tried system restore, and that resulted in the data base not being able to load, calling for a re-install. That did it, I looked in windows to uninstall TS12, and I couldn't even do that because there was no uninstall in the control panel for it because of the data base problem I guess. Anyway, I just deleted the entire TS12 folder. Good riddance to bad rubbish... Back to playing Chess . :mop:

Last edited:
Back