Screenshot of The Week: October 5 to October 12 2014 (Railfan)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

It's a foamer, it's a trainspotter. It's a railfan! This week's theme is brought to you by Adam (simulatortrain); Railfan. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on October 12 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

612a06bfcf05d426c0a6ffde83e304b0.jpg

Lining up a perfect shot

15449381366_e2b3bd23fc_k.jpg

The Royal Canadian Pacific enters the Rocky Mountains near Banff, Alberta as the railfan lines up a perfect shot, dramatic lighting and all, after having rowed out to the little island for a unique viewpoint for his shots.

Oops, in the caption for my screenshot, it should read "...near Canmore, Alberta", not Banff. And I'm from that area too. That's embarrassing. I'll try to get rid of my red face now.

WOW. Really nice shot there K. By the way, you should register your Trainz version to get access to the Download Station, where you can download 100000+ assets for free. But be warned, as support for TS09 and TS10 ended this September, you need a First Class Ticket from Simulator Central to download stuff off of their Download Stations.

About the underlined part, can someone confirm this for me? Y'know, make sure i'm not insane?

you need a First Class Ticket from Simulator Central to download stuff off of their Download Stations.

About the underlined part, can someone confirm this for me? Y'know, make sure i'm not insane?

You're not insane.... But you can always download stuff off the DLS for free. FCT only speeds things up as far as I know. I did read somewhere that they might be limiting content before v3.5 after they limit the Upload abilities, but I don't know the details about that specific bit (Im sure someone else here will). But I don't expect to lose the ability to Download Content for free ever really....

Falcus

Nick, can you explain a little more by what you mean by the topic? Are you saying we have to have a railfan in the screenshot? or what?

peter

Mine for this week is current to the TVRM Schedule
TVRM Train 300 a double header with the famous Ms 4501 piloting TVRM's Ks 2-8-0 630 across Chattanooga Creek bound for Summerville on a Steam All the Way trip to Summerville and the Dowdy Park Turntable. In the foreground several TVRM members with a vintage 4501 build (1911) era Model A truck watch the train in period costume. The 1st car is clerestory roofed TVRM 1683/1688 behind that is local car 1000 and behind that a Seaboard Coach. Beyond, out of sight is the 3158 Traveler's Fare, GTW dinning car Silver Lake, Seaboard Boatail Observation, 97 Clover Colony, 98 Eden Isle
cf42373719ffc1754c0af56f741ea76d.jpg

Saturnr

Last edited:
Hi Peter, feel free to apply the theme any way you like. It could be a photo of railfans, a photo by a railfan from a railfan point-of-view, stuff that railfans might do; ie. pacing a train, or even punny. I'm a big fan of puns.

Maybe they did ride in the barrels. No they came in regular automobiles and just the historic Model A (1 or 2) passengers was included in the shot for aesthetic purposes.
Saturnr

Three questions:
1. Is 630 just your 4501 relettered 630?
2. Are you in the process of reskinning Ben's Generic 2-8-0 into 630?
3. Are you also working on the passenger cars you mentioned?

Also, I've gotten permission from natvander to release my version of his Wadalbavale Line, Atlantic Coast Railway, but for some reason, I keep finding things I want to change about it. I'm working on another route, and I just haven't gotten around to releasing my version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan412,
Yes 630 is just black 4501 re-lettered to 630. I am not reskining one of Ben Neal's 2-8-0s as I am a stickler for accuracy and the bell would be in the wrong place, wrong tender type, as well as cab, with the trailing wheels hidden by the bridge relettered 4501 makes an okay representation, and no sadly I am not working on all the cars you mentioned, credit for the 630 and 4501 models should also go to Peter's Trainz where I got the base 2-8-2 for 630 and mighty 4501 the green mikado. I am working on a better 1683 and Pullman Clover Colony. I am not very good at making locomotives.

Back