Rollins Pass and 2004 - 2006

Was there ever a Rollins Pass summer release?

TrainzItalia released Rollins Pass 1915 many years ago as a Payware package, it was build 2.4. So far as I know it is no longer available.

Rollins Pass 1915,<kuid:57230:19000438>
Rollins Pass Winter,<kuid:57230:800026>
Author was Jango

There is <kuid:682163:101168> D&RGW ROLLINS PASS WITH MOFFAT TUNNEL 2.3 by pennsylvaniarr01 on the DLS but it is a fantasy route that does go over the pass. It is build 3.6, needs some work to get up and running in TS12.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It appears to be based on DEM and might be a candidate for updating and modification to get playable for the era of your choice. BTW he did a session for the route too.

Edit:
Wow, thanks for asking this question BraselC5048. It caused me to take another look at pennsylvaniarr01's route, here is what I found.

I'm working on this in TANE but you should be able to get this cleaned up in TS12 easily enough.
You absolutely need the session <kuid:682163:101170> D&RGW ROLLINS PASS WITH MOFFAT TUNNEL 2.3 because it looks like the author got a little confused as to which layer he was working on and some of the track is on the route layer and some is on the session layer.
The session is missing a lot of assets but, as far as I can tell, they are all rolling stock and shouldn't be a problem.
First thing to do is edit the session and merge the session layer into the route layer and save it as a new route and session.
There are about three places where the track is disconnected but they reconnect easily. Edit the new route and fix the track then move all the rolling stock to the session layer. Overwrite the route and save the session as a new session.

Presto! You are ready to start reworking the route to your taste. Although it is kinda fun messing with pennsylvaniarr01's session first (once you've gotten it separated out). :D

Last edited:
Norm
I personally like your NG version released a few years ago

Ken

Thanks :D, me too. But it also is no longer available. For someone who didn't get a chance to get these older versions of Rollins Pass and doesn't have TANE or doesn't want Winter I'm thinking that pennsylvaniarr01's route/session makes a good starting point.

There are a few rough spots and I keep finding more track disconnects but most are easily fixed and the mountains are right, the grades are right, the passing sidings are right, so the skeleton of the pass is there, just needs a little TLC.

Not as drop dead gorgeous as Jango's version but still nice IMO.

Edit again:

Since BraselC5048 asked about RP for TS12 I thought I ought to check that all this stuff I've been talking about actually worked in TS12. And it does. :)

Gads, it has been years since I did anything in TS12SP1HF3. :D

Last edited:
Sorry to be late in seeing this but we do plan a summer -fall release of the Updated Rollins Route released for TANE by Jango but other projects have inteveined Stay tuned.

Chris

Back