Nvidia GTX980 Gigabyte G1 X 2

steve123

Just installed 2 Nvidia GTX980 G1's and they run TS12 at max settings, i have them in SLI mode even thou it is not coded for SLI / Crossfire yet but as we were told T.A.N.E should be, looking forward to creating some nvidia Profiles for T.A.N.E.
so others Trainz users can use them.
At the moment these card run anything set before them. It is a simple coding procces for SLI / Crossfire so we are all looking forward to the Future with T.A.N.E. Its not far away now, so pre order

Nice!!! In my upcoming PC build I'm planning on gently throwing in a Gigabyte GTX 970, so this thread got me excited when I saw the title lol. Not exactly the 980 but it's close. What are your current PC specs with the 2 980s?

also, I should mention that I have a bit of a crazy experiment planned with TANE when the oculus rift consumer edition comes out...

What CPU(s) do you have working with those, and RAM amount/type/speed? Nice GPUs, just wondering what the rest of the build consisted of to put them through their paces...

pdkoester
Gigabyte MotherboardZ87X-OC Force
2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 GI Have not yet tried to overclock them
Ram Corsair 12gb hi speed 21000
CPU Intel Haswell I7 4790K the CPU is overclocked to 4.7 on water cooling got to 4.8 but it wasn't stable, 4.7 to 4.6 was the sweet spot
Power supply Corsair 1200 watt
Coolermaster full tower case
I use a 1800 Watt amp for my sound if the wife is not around, which means i don't get to use it that often.

ATSF854
You will be so happy with the 970, gives you something to look forward to. oculus rift is unreal it is going to be so good.

hmmm, 4.6 is what I get now. I wonder if it would be even worth the jump. I have i7 975 Extreme Edition. 24GB of RAM, 1600 DDR3 triplechannel, and the GTX580 w/3GB of GDDR5 memory. I have gotten almost 5 years or so, I think? Hard to remember when I set this up initially.

Paul

If thats what you are getting then why would you upgrade i still have 2 GTX 580s and to be onest they were crap nothing but jerking stopping starting real crap, but what version of the 580s you have i don't know, if you are getting 4.6 from a cpu from 5 years ago when the Haswell I7 4790K CPU borderline for only the best CPU is 4.7 to 4.8 on water then you are very lucky man

Okay, so GPU might be my way to go, if needed. Right now, the jerking stopping starting is a thing of the past. It is Zotac's OC GTX 580.

These cards are so good and i normaly go for AMD, pdkoester the GTX 580 core clock speed is around 790MHz, the GTX 970 is around 1500+ MHz overclocked let alone the GTX 980.
Out of all the GTX 980s & 970s the Gigabyte G1 is the best so far due to the cooling and clocking speeds, as i have said before straight from the box with no overclocking they run anything at max settings
even with SLI turned off it smashed all games but i got two cards to allow for SLI / Crossfire with T.A.N.E
gooooo the Rabbits

Yeah the 970 from gigabyte has crazy out of the box clock speeds, and for it's price, it's unbeatable. I think that kinda explains why they keep going out of stock so quick :hehe:

oh, okay then I guess I should only need a single GPU when I decide to go for a newer unit. I run everything fine now, maximum settings all turned up, blah blah, you know...

Paul

One GTX 970 card will be plenty, in reality most Video cards that people have now will run T.A.N.E, Paul how big are the routes you are running with the GTX 580 and how detailed are they because detail means everything to how a video card will deal with a route and the amount of ram on that video card paired with the speed of it.

One GTX 970 card will be plenty, in reality most Video cards that people have now will run T.A.N.E, Paul how big are the routes you are running with the GTX 580 and how detailed are they because detail means everything to how a video card will deal with a route and the amount of ram on that video card paired with the speed of it.
The biggest route I run, with all details maximized, are from Roy' Trainz site. This route size is 3-5 (probably even more) times the size of any average good route you might find on the DLS, or other website, unparalleled and unseen in any Trainz version's history. It stretches a whole 280 plus km East to West, 10+ hours non-stop driving obeying rules and signals and negociating grades, starting at Ottertail (SE of Field) and connecting via an intelligent I-portal with the very famous Laggan Subdivision with the spirals, Lake Louise Ski resort (fully functional), Banff and all the way to Calgary.

Also, have the Donner Pass, which is pretty lengthy, about 5 and 1/2 hours or more easily.

Paul

Paul
Are there any areas in Roys routes that you have put together that have about 40 or 50 mile square of city detailed with full on houses streets with traffic , working International Airports Tram network, plus boating network, Subway networks, 70 odd station all within that radius. Reason why is that i have never used any of Roys routes and im just interested in it.

Paul
Are there any areas in Roys routes that you have put together that have about 40 or 50 mile square of city detailed with full on houses streets with traffic , working International Airports Tram network, plus boating network, Subway networks, 70 odd station all within that radius. Reason why is that i have never used any of Roys routes and im just interested in it.
His routes have quite a variety, includes national parks, river boats, airplanes, choppers, forestry, the list is endless. Lot of unknown hidden and sometimes you stumble upon some things.

Paul

That sounds like a nice rig, Steve. The 900-series video card was announced the day I ordered my brand new 780Ti, so you can thank me for your new video cards. :) Given that I paid a lot for my video card, I'll wait a bit before I upgrade again and when I do the 1200-series will be out. :)

John

Back