AWS

VVMM

Trainz Scripter/Developer
How can I properly configure AWS to work on a session? My trains do not stop if I don't press 'Insert' and the AWS bell rings on every signal.
Also, how can I configure a dead man's switch?

You don't indicate in which country your route is in. The procedure in the UK is as follows:
Make sure that AWS ramps are placed before the signals. Then, in the Edit Session box,
select the 'AWS Configuration' option. This will provide an AWS box in driver. When you
drive the session, if the next signal is set at clear (green), a bell will sound in the cab when
the loco passes over the AWS ramp, this is normal practice, and no action is required from
the driver. If the next signal is set to caution (yellow), or danger (red), a buzzer will sound
in the cab, and the driver must acknowledge it by cancelling the AWS. This is achieved by
clicking on the cancel button in the AWS box on the screen. The 'insert' option of cancelling
the AWS only seems to function in sessions which come from Trainz installed routes.
Regards,
Dick.

The Northeast Corridor is the route built-into Trainz 12 and is in northeastern U.S. The tracks are set for trains to go one direction, except the signals are set up for bi-directional operation on each track. Also, I place all the AWS ramps at a set distance from each signal, which means that there are times where there are two AWS ramps for in front of a signal. Also, I sometimes use the bi-directional AWS ramps if two signals facing each other and the distance between the signals and their AWS ramps are close enough that it would make more sense to use a bi-directional AWS ramp than two AWS ramps facing their signals. When I went to try out the route, almost every single time the signal was green, the AWS will buzz. Where am I going wrong with this setup?

Back