new download station

conrail_3004

Nice job on the new download station, I still have the old link to, how long will the black pages be up and running, thanks :wave:

Sorry to inform you, but the Black pages have been around for some length of Time..I tell you it is a pleasant discovery for you..I use the FTP a lot, because it is usually faster then the CM..I always use "Save" instead of "Run"..I think it protects the computer..Besides The CDP can be saved for the future..

You might want to check out the web base interface of the DLS it has indeed been changed and it looks great
Sorry to inform you, but the Black pages have been around for some length of Time..I tell you it is a pleasant discovery for you..I use the FTP a lot, because it is usually faster then the CM..I always use "Save" instead of "Run"..I think it protects the computer..Besides The CDP can be saved for the future..

I think he meant the "White Pages", as they're called. They've been around for about 2 years; it seems the forum link above is what was changed. I tend to use the Black Pages out of habit and also because I find it a bit easier on the eyes, though the White Pages are no longer limited to 1000 items in a search.

Same for me, I still prefer the dark background, larger text and vertical list of data in the Black Pages DLS. Just easier to look at. I'll miss it when it's dismantled.

On thing I've noticed is that I can now only open one download link at a time, whereas before I could open two. So now FTP downloads take me twice as long to download the same number of files.

Not sure if I am in the right place but perhaps you could direct me if not please. I bought a First Class Ticket for the Download Station via Trains 12 (I also have Trainz 2006 and Classics 3.) I used to get about 5 kbs download speed so I expected to increase this considerably with e FCT. Not so I am now getting 6.5 kbs downloads and the DLS informs me that I have over a gigabyte of data to download. At this rate it is going to take weeks. I have DSL Broadband (still on copper wire) but am used to really good downloads from other sites. Is there something wrong with the Downlaod station or is this the norm. I am a novice to Trainz although 67 yrs old, but do understand a bit about computing. I feel as though the FCT is a con with the slow speeds I am getting. Can anyone advise please?

Welcome to the forums.

First question. Have you activated your First Class Ticket? (If you are unsure, click Planet Auran, then Download Tickets, then First Class Tickets, then see if there's an entry with green text next to it)

Shane

OK - next thing you need to do is to clear your download helper list in Content Manager. Easiest way of doing this is to click Clear at the bottom of that panel, then re-add in the content you want to download.

Shane

Is it still possible to use the Black pages ? (Link needed)

When I clicked on my normal link I was taken to this new site.
It is very slow to get to the FTP links for the items and takes ages before you finally get the page
The old black pages were a lot better and quicker why have they changed to this snail pace pages

The old link can be found on the Planet Auran page.

Shane
Thanks Shane any idea why every thing is so slow on the new pages it took me over 1 min from clicking on the download details till the pop up page came on and another at least 40 secs for the FTP item to download.
When I then went to the black pages and tried the same item the results were blindingly quick
I just hope they get the new site fixed so its as quick

It may just be the way it's designed. Like everything it probably just needs time to bed in, bearing in mind it's likely to be on a different server to the old DLS.

Shane

Back