Buy on steam ===> Validity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viscas91

If I buy game on steam then how can I validate it here.

Because If you purchase a game on steam you can't see CD-KEY....it just adds to your account after the payment.

So is there a procedure for registering Trainz (Steam Edition)?

Go to the Library find Trainz and right click. There is an entry for CD key, click on that.

Harold

Buy the official version from N3V (or JR gives you a free $20 loco thrown in).

Why would anyone buy on Steam, and purposely side step the official N3V version, just to save a few measly bucks ? And then have to deal with Steam DRM.

Bundle Stars has a Steam pack for $3.99 with a lot of DLC. Which all but the NKP set will work in the N3V version.

Since there probably won't be anymore major updates on TS12 why not just buy the steam version.

It runs the same as my N3V version. If you run other games on Steam who cares about the Steam whiners.

Harold

Last edited:
Bundle Stars has a Steam pack for $3.99 with a lot of DLC. Which all but the NKP set will work in the N3V version.

Since there probably won't be anymore major updates on TS12 why not just buy the steam version.

It runs the same as my N3V version. If you run other games on Steam who cares about the Steam whiners.

Harold

Well Shnotz! I'd pay $4 for a second CD Key and a bunch of DLC! Link me that please? I couldn't find that offer here:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=Trainz

Falcus

Well Shnotz! I'd pay $4 for a second CD Key and a bunch of DLC! Link me that please? I couldn't find that offer here:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=Trainz

Falcus

I'm not sure that you do get a CD key or any others. This came up last year and some folks reported getting keys, some not. Didn't affect usability of the game, but I had considered it so I could get a CD key for friend. Wouldn't have touched the downloads themselves. I seem to recall there was another place selling the bundle for $3.99 as well around the same time, but it was also Steam-related and suffered from the same issues. I ended up not buying because I wasn't going to play roulette with getting a key or not.

You get the CD keys, they register at N3V. The only thing that doesn't have a CD key is the NKP DLC.

Harold

Well, I just tried it. You get Steam keys, not N3V keys. For kicks and giggles, I tried to install TS12 with the Steam key and it didn't work. Evidently, you need to install the Steam client to even "redeem" your keys, according to Steam's website. I have no desire to see what the next step may be; it's not a solution to get a simple spare CD key.

Last edited:
I bought TS12 from JR for $15, and got a Free $20 loco ... So how much did TS12 cost me ? You do the math ! I think it was an excellent deal !

Well, I just tried it. You get Steam keys, not N3V keys. For kicks and giggles, I tried to install TS12 with the Steam key and it didn't work. Evidently, you need to install the Steam client to even "redeem" your keys, according to Steam's website. I have no desire to see what the next step may be; it's not a solution to get a simple spare CD key.
Yeh, what is your point.

"Bundle Stars" sells STEAM keys, the website states that on the home page and on the purchase page:

Awesome bundles of STEAM games. Save up to 97% off the normal retail price, for a limited time only!

Once you input the Steam keys on STEAM there are CD-keys.

Harold

Yeh, what is your point.

"Bundle Stars" sells STEAM keys, the website states that on the home page and on the purchase page:

Once you input the Steam keys there are CD-keys.

Harold

YOUR POST was very misleading and that you DO NOT get CD keys, at least not upfront. Meaning this is a non-solution to anyone looking to pick up a spare key or to gift Trainz.

YOUR POST was very misleading and that you DO NOT get CD keys, at least not upfront. Meaning this is a non-solution to anyone looking to pick up a spare key or to gift Trainz.
Here is what is said:

Harold

You just need to read. I never implied use as give aways and you do get a spare copy of TS12.

Harold

Last edited:
Here is what is said:

You just need to read. I never implied use as give aways and you do get a spare copy of TS12.

Harold

No, in post #2 you claimed there was a *CD KEY*, which is *FALSE*.

Steam key != CD Key. They are very different and not interchangeable. Here is your post again:

Go to the Library find Trainz and right click. There is an entry for CD key, click on that.

Harold

Also, another poster here, as well as myself, were looking for CD keys, and I specifically stated my purpose in post #7.

The original OP asked where to find the CD key for Trainz in a Steam account.

I replied this:

Harold

Do that and one gets this:

steam%20keys.jpg

There are the CD keys. You gotta go onto Steam to get the CD keys which is implied by Steam Bundle.

As I said all the Steam bundle DLC CD keys can be used in an N3V version. The NKP DLC doesn't have a CD key.

Steam Bundle means you have to activate them on Steam.

Harold

No, in post #2 you claimed there was a *CD KEY*, which is *FALSE*.

Its *TRUE* and here's how you obtain the *CD KEY*

Harold

Which was in answer to the OP's question

If I buy game on steam then how can I validate it here.

Also, another poster here, as well as myself, were looking for CD keys, and I specifically stated my purpose in post #7.

You're complaining that Hminkys' post 2 did not specifically answer your question which you asked in post 7.

If you want to gift TS12 to a friend give them the steam keys and then they have the CD keys , of course the friend would have to have the steam client installed.

Anyhow the reason I'm posting in this thread is on Friday last I purchased the mentioned bundle, installed TS12 on steam, validated the cd keys here and everything has ran smoothly. I'm currently merrily exploring the default routes.

Its *TRUE* and here's how you obtain the *CD KEY*

There is no library offered; therefore, there is no *CD KEY*.

If you want to gift TS12 to a friend give them the steam keys and then they have the CD keys , of course the friend would have to have the steam client installed.

So, again, you don't get the *CD KEYS* you get the *STEAM KEYS*. The reason I posted about the *CD KEYS* is because I already have the game and would like to give them a legit copy without the Steam client. At least one of the people to whom I would gift this does not have internet access and the other may or may not and, if they do, it's dial-up. Which is one of the reasons (but far from the only) why it makes a difference that I get the *CD KEY* Harold claimed and not the *STEAM KEY* which is completely different and unrelated.

As usual, you get what you pay for.

Actually RRSignal, there is a CD Key option. It's on the right hand side of the Steam window when a game is selected on the Library tab - it's under Links (I should know, as I have the Steam client installed for another game of mine).

Shane

Actually RRSignal, there is a CD Key option. It's on the right hand side of the Steam window when a game is selected on the Library tab - it's under Links (I should know, as I have the Steam client installed for another game of mine).

Shane

I'm logged into Steam, and I DO NOT see anything of the sort.

If I need to have the client installed, then that defeated the entire purpose of this transaction. It is ALSO misleading to claim one gets CD KEYS when one gets STEAM KEYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back