Some Noob-y Questions

Hello, all. Chris here.

I have two questions that i have asked before but have never found an answer to. So here they are:

1. I have been having trouble posting full size screenshots here using Photobucket. I upload my photo, but it lowers the resolution down to 1024 pixels by 768 pixels. How can i stop this from happening?

2. How do i take videos of trainz using Bandicam?

If anyone can help me with either of these problems, i would be really happy.\

Sincerely,

Are you just copying stuff around as part of your workflow or are you exporting a final one for your Trainz asset?

Trainz will need 32-bit TGA textures with alpha or 24 without.

Okay, here's the complete details, cause i'm a little confused about what you're asking:

I made a logo for my fictional railroad as a separate TGA file and i want to load it onto another model instead of having to make it over again. The asset i'm trying to put it on is a tender by ben neal, labeled under basic_tender.tga. How exactly can i import the logo file (m&w_logo.tga) onto the tender file?

You have to change the name of your image to whatever the name is of the image you're trying to replace, or change the name in the .texture file to the name of yours. Make sure to make a copy of the original for whichever route you take. The new image has to be a .tga file or else it will not work.

You need to read the manual of whatever graphic software you are using. Hard to help without knowing what you have.

Paul

Photobucket compresses and resizes your uploads. That's as big as it gets. The primary reason why I stopped using it for screenshots.

Capture_zps8cd91bc8.png

If I'm not mistaken, that is when people click on the link it takes them to Photobucket where they can view the full size. But if you embed them in forums or external sites, they show up as 1024x768 max (and grossly compressed). If you're looking for a free (quality) alternative and managing your uploads is not important, try www.hostthenpost.org.

Back