CP Sunbury Sub Project

dej

DL Engineer
Hello, I'm back here on trainz after a break. I have started back on a project that I was attempting a while back, and that is the Canadian Pacific Sunbury Sub. The portion I am covering is from Sunbury Pa(CP Kase) to just below Clarks Summit Pa. Here is my first couple shots from along the river just south of CP Kase.

There is a Checkrail DEM that covers Reading/Lancaster to Harrisburg/Enola to @ Duncannon/Clarks Ferry ... If you extended your line a bit farther south to Clarks Ferry you could use iPortal and drive 2 routes, from Reading to Clarks Ferry ... Clarks Ferry to Clarks Summit :cool:

How far are you with it? I have that DEM, too but didn't build much on it. I would totally download such a route because I'm hungry for eastern PA routes in Trainz. I attempted a Steamtown route, since this DEM includes Scranton will you be making the Steamtown yard as well? There is a DEM from Scranton to Tobyhanna on the DLS but the merge is a bit off after you trim baseboards to fit. Steamtown did have a diesel excursion to Sunbury in June 2010 during the NRHS convention. They were going to go to Binghamton twice this past August but something killed the deal maybe CP changed their mind about letting Steamtown run on their tracks. Power would have been probably the DL&W F3's. Wonder how CP could allow open window coaches on their tracks but NS does not with their new steam excursions.

How far are you with it? I have that DEM, too but didn't build much on it. I would totally download such a route because I'm hungry for eastern PA routes in Trainz. I attempted a Steamtown route, since this DEM includes Scranton will you be making the Steamtown yard as well? There is a DEM from Scranton to Tobyhanna on the DLS but the merge is a bit off after you trim baseboards to fit. Steamtown did have a diesel excursion to Sunbury in June 2010 during the NRHS convention. They were going to go to Binghamton twice this past August but something killed the deal maybe CP changed their mind about letting Steamtown run on their tracks. Power would have been probably the DL&W F3's. Wonder how CP could allow open window coaches on their tracks but NS does not with their new steam excursions.
I plan to do everything I have, that includes steamtown and the Reading and Northerns coxton yard in Pittston. Currently I am away from my trainz computer because I am at the Norfolk Southern train facility in McDonough Georgia. I will be a conductor out of Binghamton NY when I complete this course. That means I will run this line! So I will be getting back to work on this when I return home. When I left I was working on getting Sunbury Properly laid out. Stay Tuned!!!

I know this is an old thread, but I have this route merged with DEM I made up to Binghamton as well as Portland, PA. I just dug it out and installed it on TANE. The original Sunbury to Scranton route by fishlips is no longer downloadable, even on wayback the cdp link is dead on the wayback archive. I want to build the North Shore Railroad from Northumberland to past Berwick which is the ex-DL&W Bloomsburg Branch. The line was severed past Berwick to Scranton though so the only connection with the outside world is with NS at Northumberland by the train station restaurant. I also want to build the Lycoming Valley Railroad using a Williamsport dem from the DLS. It is owned by the North Shore.

Back