Multiplayer Question

xxxZ0M8I3xxx

Hello everyone, I finally got the registration for my copy working so that's one thing out of the way :)

I was wondering if there was a way for me to play on the Appalachian Coal Sessions with a friend on multiplayer. Currently, when I host a session for him and I there is only one option and as you can imagine, that can get a little stale.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)
-Tim

IDK if Built-in Content can be edited to include Multiplayer or not.... For Something to be able to be Multiplayer, you have to be able to upload it to the DLS.... So my inclination would be to say No.

That said, there are plenty of other Multiplayer routes out there. UMR is the big popular one.

I could also suggest looking into IPortalling. Just look around the Forum for stuff about that.

Falcus

You can make your own sessions, as long as you dont edit the route it's self. Then you MUST up load the session to the DLS. And all of its assets MUST be on the DLS.

One of the issues you're going to encounter without being able to edit the Route is a lack of Portals on that Map, again IIRC. No Portals means no Spawning new equipment/locomotive/derailed equipment..... My honest suggestion would be to look into UMR before you did anything else, as that route was set up specifically for Multiplayer and has Portals, and you won't have to figure out the Session Rules and everything else you need to do as a route/session Creator to do Multiplayer.

I will say too, that I found Multi-player a bit underwhelming. It has too many limitations, and at the end of the day the most interaction you tend to get is waving at your friend once or twice in a 4-8 hour session as his train passes yours, usually going to opposite direction..... I have found Iportalling a much more interesting prospect, and easier to deal with to boot. Pick your favorite route, clone it, drop an Iportal or two down, monkey with a few session Rules, BAM! Done and ready to roll.... But give multiplayer a shot. Some people really like it.

Falcus

The problem with UMR is its size. Its just WAY too big of a route. If you like CMTMS then look into Fox Mountain & Little River Railroad. Small enough that 2 people can run it and intact with each other, big enough that you get a good run out of it. Rumor has it that a update is in the works for it too.

Back