What causes this??

WCL

Canadian National
What causes this to happen??? When one tries to fix it, it still does not work right....

Maybe if I could duplicate problem I could help.
Kuid of road and intersection please.

Looking closely at Screenshot I noticed a faint purple line in intersection.
Could it be a invisible road that is causing problem?

Last edited:
That has to do with Spline alignment. Splines are series of static polygons that repeat with distance. When you misalign a spline, it usually results in what you're seeing. You have to place your splines/spline points more carefully to avoid that. Learning how to make effective use of your Spline Points, and using the Spline Straightener Tool, will avoid alot of that. You're seeing one of the first challenges many people trying to learn Route Building must learn about and overcome.

Falcus

Xcrossi, hes using Yarnish single striped dashed road and a Yarnish T intersection. You can recreate it by dropping an intersection down, connect a Road to it, add a spline point in the road and drag it right next to the intersection and then drag it off center either left or right from center of the Connection with the intersection.

PS, you can see his problem in his screen. He has 2 spline points in the Road almost right on top of the connection to the Intersection and they're off center to boot....

PSS, delete those 2 white spline points, or move them farther away, and the spline will correct itself, as long as you straighten or un-straighten accordingly.

Last edited:
I've had this same issue, and don't be-leave it's only alignment. Have fixed this many time only to have it return. Deleting or moving, elevating spine points hasn't helped, as it appears only after a save or session begins. I also have floating intersection alone with this. I've resorted to deleting and redoing the roadway altogether.

Falcus..It must be something else...He has over 6k posts so it's not his 1st rodeo....
I think Railwoodman has the closest fix
Before I try it my self I require the same kuids.
I don't go by description....

That has to do with Spline alignment. Splines are series of static polygons that repeat with distance. When you misalign a spline, it usually results in what you're seeing. You have to place your splines/spline points more carefully to avoid that. Learning how to make effective use of your Spline Points, and using the Spline Straightener Tool, will avoid alot of that. You're seeing one of the first challenges many people trying to learn Route Building must learn about and overcome.

Falcus

Xcrossi, hes using Yarnish single striped dashed road and a Yarnish T intersection. You can recreate it by dropping an intersection down, connect a Road to it, add a spline point in the road and drag it right next to the intersection and then drag it off center either left or right from center of the Connection with the intersection.

PS, you can see his problem in his screen. He has 2 spline points in the Road almost right on top of the connection to the Intersection and they're off center to boot....

PSS, delete those 2 white spline points, or move them farther away, and the spline will correct itself, as long as you straighten or un-straighten accordingly.

Sorry but none of this is the cause of your issue.

There's several threads on this exact issue. Including one I started. It's a bug with the most recent update to this specific t intersection. I don't understand how there was an update still under the original author's kuid when the author hasn't been around for years but that's another thread. Unfortunately I don't have the original any longer as it was deleted.

Why couldn't the bugged version be removed from the DLS and replaced with the original that performed correctly?

Why do you guys use YARNISH stuff anyway? I use YARN exclusively. What does YARNISH have that YARN doesn't? Am I missing the boat somewhere?

Why do you guys use YARNISH stuff anyway? I use YARN exclusively. What does YARNISH have that YARN doesn't? Am I missing the boat somewhere?

The OP is asking about a YARN asset. I too only use YARN but after a recent asset update through CM the original YARN t intersection pictured in the OP was replaced with a bugged version. Unfortunately I didn't catch it until I deleted all my obsolete assets which include the original YARN t intersection that worked just fine. :(

YARN SPLINES and OBJECTS., choke your system due to a invisible road associated with it showing a very high spline count in the 100 s the bridges ive seen hit 1000 s...

What version of TS12 are you using? The problem was prevalent in TS2010 and early TS12, but went away when the 41833 patch came out. I've had that happen more recently, however, in Surveyor after doing too many undo's.

John

YARNISH roads have a larger variety of roads that you don't have with YARN roads, such as 2-lane and 3-lane divided highways, exit and entrance ramps for divided highways, and more that aren't available for YARN roads. Vehicles on YARN roads also make a 'jump up' when they go from a spline (i.e. roads) to fixed pieces (i.e. intersections). YARNISH roads do not have this problem. Also, I've not had that problem with YARNISH roads.

Well, I didn't know there was a bugged version, and part of that is because I've been playing with Trainz for 5 years and just not done enough route building to have encountered it.... I don't think it was an unreasonable deduction to make.....

Sorry I couldn't help, and Sorry the issue seems to be so much more complicated then a simple Spline Point readjustment. I know I'd rather have an easy fix like that work for whatever problem I was having then having to play with Asset Version Revisions/Roll Backs, lol.

Good Luck regardless,
Falcus

To reiterate. With all the confusion, bugs, and how long YARN / YARNISH has been around isn't time for a complete new US road system? I see value in paying for a new, high quality, US road system for TANE. Hint, hint Jointed Rail... :)

To reiterate. With all the confusion, bugs, and how long YARN / YARNISH has been around isn't time for a complete new US road system? I see value in paying for a new, high quality, US road system for TANE. Hint, hint Jointed Rail... :)

I agree. I think the Jointed Rail guys were discussing making one. It would be great too if the parts were all consistent, and there were more than just right-angle intersections. :)

John

Well, I didn't know there was a bugged version, and part of that is because I've been playing with Trainz for 5 years and just not done enough route building to have encountered it.... I don't think it was an unreasonable deduction to make.....

Sorry I couldn't help, and Sorry the issue seems to be so much more complicated then a simple Spline Point readjustment. I know I'd rather have an easy fix like that work for whatever problem I was having then having to play with Asset Version Revisions/Roll Backs, lol.

Good Luck regardless,
Falcus

Actually it's real simple, you just delete the latest version of the faulty asset and, um...that's all really.

@Nicky9499
Well, if I ever encounter the bugged item I shall do that. As yet I have not. I was trying to help the OP. Didn't work out, which is what spawned the post you quoted.

@everyone else.
To date, Im not that unhappy with YARN/ish. There are definitely gaping holes in what its able to do (Bridges, Lane # Changes, 3+ Lane High/Freeways, 3/5 lane roads, Certain Intersection types, Intersections with more then 4 corners, Intersections at Angles besides 90 degrees, Freeway pieces in general such as Exits/flyovers/HOV Lanes/Overpass Splines/Retaining Walls, just to name a few, I'm working in Seattle and there is NOTHING But Hills out here, as I worded it once to a creator, "What doesn't have its own land clings to the sides of hills for its very life"), but I can work with it....

My fear for a Payware version (2 actually, though related), can be summed up in the word "Exclusivity". JR Makes Outstanding locomotives (I own a fair few of them at this point), and their freeware Scenery is top notch.... But how do get paid for a modular road system? By Piece? Even something as small as $.50 per piece would make it prohibitively expensive just to cover the types I listed above. Flat Rate? That would make the most sense, but you reach a point where you've built 1000 pieces and that $75 price tag is looking awfully ungenerous and yet its still too high for any but the most dedicated of route builders to pay.... And of course if you are a route builder that uses it, but most of the average users don't, then now you're making a Route that only you the few willing to pay will ever see all the wonderful work that you put in into creating the region of your focus, or the work that JR put into creating the system in the first place....

Road System for a Rail simulator is such a Niche Item, that is at the same time critical and unbelievably unwieldy, which is of course why the best system we have atm is incomplete and mismatched....

This isn't the best example I could use off my route, but I recently took this for the memories, and see what one can do with YARN/ish if you work at it. And please keep in mind I'm running an i5 with no vid card and this route at present does not crash my game (Aside from the usual Surveyor Freezes that everyone experiences from time to time).
Falcus_20140907_0001_zpsf685ef82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Falcus

Back