lego207's Work/Silver Lines

Nice. I'm currently in the process of driving a TOFC eastbound up Marias Pass with a CSX SD40-2 in YN3 leading. I'll probably have the screenshots up tomorrow.

My two favorite fictional railroads - my California Southern, and of course, Leo's Silver Lines in Trainz together on Leo's spectacular route! All equipment skinned by me besides those G72s which are from JR.

a2eb7e99ad6ed698c7e4686f76363c8d.png

One day I'll get around to rebuilding that old mess of an SL route. Today is not that day.

si1NjIY.png

23678022494_b03fb06cb4_h.jpg

24794839379_45d8df3ce4_h.jpg

25353952735_9c7c6d3663_h.jpg

Slightly out of date now, but whatever. Electric route has had progress made on it.

DZVKXeJ.png

D6JrHAN.png

hf3jvyY.png

Plus, a new even more ridiculous bridge setup.

neiCHxt.png

24563943776_44ce2da1ba_h.jpg

23961957594_2c7a22df02_h.jpg

Slowly, slowly progressing.

Cheers,
SM

Fresh units, fresh skins, & fresh routes. What a time to be alive.

New units,
ES44DC
6Gqefvh.png

SD70ACe
qPo9tCw.png
SW1 (ex-MILW patching)
yBkMROj.png

Heavy-weathered/rusted SD40-2 (ft. SLRZ 45ft TOFC)
IM7dsNf.png

Route-work,
3R445FV.png

LAKCwdg.png

VDOUVUQ.png

26413134693_378b7b6fcf_o.png

26413134983_40d280739a_o.png

are people still interested in this, or no?
Cheers,
SM

I went to your website and downloaded you V1.1 of the Northborough Model Railroad and V2.0 of the Rusty Track line. I have Windows TS12. Both of the routes are installed but aren't showing up in my Trainz route menu. Is there a way to fix this? I also have V1.0 of the Northborough Model Railroad and that also doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Ah, well if my somewhat limited TS12 info gives an idea, are your favourites on, by chance? That will just not show any routes not under favs, including newly installed routes. If not, check if it's because the build number is 3.8, in which case you'll need to change that in the cfg to 3.7. Also would check if deps are all there, might cause problems.
Heh, you've reminded me I need to rebuild those routes sometime - maybe shortly when I get the chance.

Cheers,
SM

Well it's been such a long time coming, forgot about this thread for the most part.

Well if any folks are interested in my doings, I've done a few things.
4 recent, brand new reskins
2 route modules (1 is an extension)
plus something like half a dozen older reskins.
Work on major routes is essentially non-existant.

Module 1: Distribution Center, plenty of goods and products arrive here in short trains to be shipped by truck out to the local area. 'Course, where we are here is a little middle-of-nowhere-esque right now, but that'll probably change soon. Highway is located behind the center. Lots of work to go, likely going to be a while till this gets on the release block.
29082309803_3fafae5ccd_h.jpg

Even heavy equipment gets dropped off occasionally. Few WIP pics.
A7RqBUh.png

fmIFrP9.png

Module #2: Winter Bridge - an extension to the Silver Lines Winter module. This is a smaller and more simple module, but it is something to kind of add to the old winter module. It features a classic massive bridge, and an endless amount of trees. It can be easily merged onto the original route and requires a slight movement of track and road to make a full connection, and it'll snap into place. Very minor work is required to finish this one, merely some detailwork.

nmjPb8D.png

c3dq0FA.png

Let's talk reskins now. I mentioned four brand new skins above, and one or two have shown around the forum (and other forum with some more on it). Here, we'll have a look at all at once.

HYRheZ8.png

From left to right, we have Silver Lines 3074, ex-MILW Soo Line 1207, MILW 618, and MILW 1216. All are SW1200s. Detail isn't seen too well in this pic, but they're similar, especially the three Milwaukee units. These are all essentially done, but we've found some issues you can see here, which is that the numberboards will not load the correct image. We're trying to fix it, but we're not sure what's up with it yet. When the boards get fixed, they'll be up on the release-slate. Hoping to bring them all onto my site at some point in the near future.

In terms of other items, we've got a bunch of SLRR SW1500s which are done, I just need to make sure mchawkman is alright with them being put on my site, so I'll have to contact him in the future. There is also a set of freight-scheme F7 units in the works, some freight cars, a GP35, and an AS-16. The last needs a recolour, GP35 needs some fixing up and weathering, and the F7s need work overall. Some freight cars done, some not. All in SLRR. Last thing to look forward to is a possible Milwaukee Road SDL39. We'll see how that goes, it'll probably be a while, and take a lot more work than these others.

Current hope is for an October release with both modules and 10 locomotives/rollingstock, all for free. Though lots of it are SLRR and not what most people are interested in, but why not, y'know? I think the routes are probably the thing people would be interested in, but do feel free to tell me what kind of stuff you're hoping for. It helps give me an idea of what next to do and what to release.

Cheers folks.
SM

Last edited:
Coming soon to SMWorks.
New locomotives, new routes.

BBXs2ar.png

TvscfJn.png

...with new skins by fellow TEH member Landshark229 to appear as well.

oudO2qU.png

Stay tuned, folks. Lots of stuff on it's way.

29908612555_1c6fd17254_o.png[

29867894600_f5a4585fe6_o.png

Cheers,
SM

Thanks guys!

Bonus stuff up for release shortly.

30163190250_8dbbc3c056_o.png

30163189150_030e5098c4_o.png

Both are Landshark229s fantastic work.

Cheers,
SM

Last edited: