lego207's Work/Silver Lines

I'm in a sort of reflective mood today. Happy New Year, folks - 2018 is now coming up on us, so hey, that's pretty cool.
2017 hasn't been the most productive year in terms of Trainz, but in terms of actually advancing my hobbies and personal life, it's certainly been a good year. At this point, the only real negatives to list are Trainz/forum drama and all that nonsense. Been quite a time, huh?
Little more of a longer talk in this regard can be found here: https://smworks.weebly.com/blog--misc/happy-holidays-happy-new-year-end-of-2017

3400 and 3402 are ex-MILW SW1s that are split up and used along the electrified division to do yard work, mostly moving electrics under the wires when necessary. 3402 is in worse condition, and that rust covered roof and fading numbers accentuates that fact as it prepares to drag E75 and (unpictured) E78 out under the catenary wire. Summer, 1996.
NTm8fGt.png

So, because I'm still feeling alright about 2017 and I realize I've not done much work in Trainz in general, I'm gonna pledge myself to actually finish the Silver Lines V2 route and have it released in the next month or two. You'll need to make sure I don't waste all my free time writing some ridiculous story... :p

The route won't be as big as I would've probably made it before setting this deadline, but that's okay. I know I'm definitely not going to finish much more of it, anyways. Basically, I'll clean up and finish up the town and railyard, suitably close off that part of the route, and finish up the rest of the scenery, including going back to the start of the route and adding some kind of simple destination. It's not a big route now by any means, but that's just fine with me.

It'll be a TS12 release, but I'll probably try and get a TANE version going - biggest problem is the trees, as usual, as I have yet to see a tree set that satisfies me. SP2 or SP2HF1? I have SP2 now and to say I'm unsatisfied is the greatest understatement known to mankind, haha! But SP2HF1 seems to be a bug riddled mess, even more so than plain 2, so I don't know. At least TSW is fun!

Cheers,
SM

... nice to hear lego207 ... have a wonderful creative 2018 in all health ... looking forward to all your work and inspirations ...

daveric

... nice to hear lego207 ... have a wonderful creative 2018 in all health ... looking forward to all your work and inspirations ...

daveric

Thanks, Dave! All the same to you!

Haha thats funny.

Cants wait for Silver Lines V2!

Hey, it's true! I'm having a blast playing that game (bonus for those w/ trainz.net account), got it for 50% off in the recent Steam Winter Sale, and it's well worth the money IMO. It's the game that finally broke through that wall that's been keeping me from understanding cab controls - I don't know why I've had such a hard time with those, something just hasn't clicked before, but it does now. Not to say I'm good at them... but, I'm having fun, and that's what's important to me! It's also just relaxing, unlike TANE or even 12 sometimes, which ends up frustrating me to even look at sometimes haha. You should expect a The Experience™ video on TSW sometime actually lol

Silver Lines V2 is gonna be fun! It'll take some doing, but I'm actually excited about finishing it up. Little by little, I'm cleaning up the route and updating some areas, finishing others.

Putting those JR Generic Houses to good use, they are quite suitable for low-income housing I'd say. Still gotta throw down some textures, but there is such a thing as overdetailing, and I'm not in the mood to do that!
9pkBggC.png

Under no circumstances is this the best place to live... but it's a place to live nonetheless, huh?
aWiBu7P.png

Map of the route!

bUZX7n6.png

The rightmost tiles are indeed the ending of the route, complete with an iPortal. There isn't too much scenery to do in that area, which is nice - that'll be done soon enough. The leftmost area will be extended a tiny bit left most likely, or something will be worked in there. A simple industry will end up being operable in that area, as there needs to be a reason to traverse the whole route. That area with consist 12 on it - that's a heavy equipment plant, complete with an industry track that'll load up things like excavators onto flatcars. Somewhere in that mess of other consists is a building that loads just general goods, and there may be another thing like it tacked on somewhere in there as well. That's also where the railyard is, not to mention town! Like I said, there's a ways to go in terms of work, but it isn't too bad!

Cheers,
SM

Last edited:
Just for fun :)

24701757967_ae0c99c0cc_o.png

24701757727_89b34a9d29_o.png

...with a few more on my Flickr.

Something I've been thinking about lately and did just because, shoot, it was fun to make and write all these! That's what this is all about, isn't it? Fun? I love the headlights on these personally... think they came out really well!

Cheers,
SM

Just for fun :)

...with a few more on my Flickr.

Something I've been thinking about lately and did just because, shoot, it was fun to make and write all these! That's what this is all about, isn't it? Fun? I love the headlights on these personally... think they came out really well!

Cheers,
SM
Wow that engine looks awfully familiar Leo... perhaps something of an Omaha Orange persuasion hiding underneath all that grey, I mean Silver?

I may be like a month late but thanks for the kind words folks! - @wayne, how did you find out my secret?? :hehe:

Some recent T&E videos have inspired me lol... here's a quick video displaying those fine Northerns trainman7616 did for me - some of my fav engines in my Trainz install!

In addition, might be of some interest to folks here; https://smworks.weebly.com/blog--misc/coming-up

Looking like mid-late March on a pretty major release if all goes well!

Cheers,
SM

... in the meantime ...

... i did some cut and mix and merge with your modules into a 3board diorama ... and had fun ... thanks for the inspirations ...

c06d505f-ca1f-5c0e-c0a0-11edfc3f0730.png

ca90fabd-8413-6970-55fe-e642dfa20aef.png

f68568ef-1b25-c5ab-bb31-8d09b3ffe76d.png

dd55f14a-e1bc-025b-3811-72a9aaa39ef0.png

53b2b4ac-f30e-5c7a-53db-ed7d94b8c07f.png

0f5fd690-4d89-0053-0bac-5008027a8f62.png

I love seeing what people can do with what I release - great stuff, my friend! There'll be more joining those modules in the near future I hope... :)

38756722860_2cc19947d2_o.png

7A7P42D.png

Cheers,
SM

2QUn12I.png

HNi98nA.png

Bonus: Most up-to-date SLRR locomotive roster, inc steam, diesel, and electric.

hwKZZvG.png

If I didn't need to make mesh changes I'd skin that new NARM Challenger into SLRR... one day I'll get something for it haha

Cheers,
SM

Back