JR and its Payment methods...

I take offense to this :p

LOL Sorry, wasnt my intention haha

I very much disagree with generalizations about a country - especially my own

I normally do so too, but due to some inhabitants in the US that have this 'patriotism' thing (you know, the ones that pray to the US flag every morning :p ), i already got comments like 'Uh, germany? Are u Nazi??' and 'Germany is that Country between Russia and Africa?' ...and do believe that comments like this normally come from US people ;):hehe:

Disregard what you have been told about my country's inhabitants, they are no more stupid than in your country or anywhere else on the planet.

Yep, agreed, i know that. I have many skype friends in the US, and its exactly as you said - except the 'patriotism' guys :p

@ryanstrains = didnt knew you became a mod here (...), but then close it. the problem was solved anyway. I dont see any flamewar or insults in this thread though....:eek:

LOL Sorry, wasnt my intention haha

I normally do so too, but due to some inhabitants in the US that have this 'patriotism' thing (you know, the ones that pray to the US flag every morning :p ), i already got comments like 'Uh, germany? Are u Nazi??' and 'Germany is that Country between Russia and Africa?' ...and do believe that comments like this normally come from US people ;):hehe:

Yep, agreed, i know that. I have many skype friends in the US, and its exactly as you said - except the 'patriotism' guys :p

@ryanstrains = didnt knew you became a mod here (...), but then close it. the problem was solved anyway. I dont see any flamewar or insults in this thread though....:eek:
Yes sir I am now a moderator, however, I don't think we need to close the thread right now because a little humor doesn't hurt unless it becomes attacks :)

Yes sir I am now a moderator, however, I don't think we need to close the thread right now because a little humor doesn't hurt unless it becomes attacks :)
Yay :) Does that mean I get to tell my story about the one time we had a storm that dropped pea sized hail on a 45 degree day? I thought that was pretty insane considering I never thought such a thing could occur until I witnessed with my own two eyes.

Last edited:
Funny how you always describe the US as the universe....

"No, in Germany, we pay with EC-Cards (like everywhere in europe i think), which is a debit card. Credit cards are not very common, you cant even pay with them in most shops"

No, EC-card is now very much a German exception. They have been discontinued almost everywhere else. In all other EU countries credit- or debit-cards that belongs to major networks (Visa/Visa Electron or Eurocard-Mastercard/Maestro) are the norm, and in many of them have been so for a very long time (UK, Italy, France especially, for more than 30 years). Germany is very backwards as regards electronic money, many people there sticking to cash, banknotes and coins as if they were some kind of fetish. Just look on eBay the number of German sellers who almost expect you to come over and pay in cash... Move on!

Then Germany must be the only place in the Universe where a credit card of one form or another is not an essential requirement for every day living.
I can get around the whole Western part of Europe without a credit card. Less then 40% of my country has a credit card and those that have it mainly have it for travel or online purchases. Reason I ever got a credit card was to travel to the US. Main reason I kept it after that was that I needed it for business travels every now and than.
If it was not for my current job, I doubt I would use a credit card more than 4 or 5 times per year. Most of the everyday shops don't even accept them; everyone uses debit cards here. Hardly use cash.

Yay :) Does that mean I get to tell my story about the one time we had a storm that dropped pea sized hail on a 45 degree day? I thought that was pretty insane considering I never thought such a thing could occur until I witnessed with my own two eyes.

Not as funny as Thunder Snow...

Not as funny as Thunder Snow...
That's not uncommon here. In fact, I've heard that several times. It always blows me away. It happens at least once every 2-3 years here. Extreme Thunderstorms on cold day (At least by my terms, I know for those folks in the the Northeast during the winter that might seem hot), are unbelievable. Just remember, the sun plays amazing tricks in the desert. That day it was raining most of it, so there was some awesome moisture content, and then the sun popped out and warmed it up from about 35 to 45 in 15 mins. That's all it took to get an insane storm going.

Come to northern Wisconsin for extreme. We've had 2 inches of snow for breakfast and 80 degrees by dinner.. on the same day.

Back