steam physics

M60

does anyone know how to change steam physics as in starting steam pressure of the locomotive and the rate of steam that is produced and consumed

Thanks for that but from what i have seen an engine spec is a bit to much for me to figure out, you wouldn't happen to know anyone who makes Australian steam engine specs?

Hello M60,

If you let me know what loco you need an engine spec for I might be able to help. If I don't have a suitable engine spec I will need to find all the data for the particular loco i.e. Boiler pressure, cylinder size, boiler size, driving wheel size, firebox size, max speed, etc.etc.

Cheers,
Bill69

Well there's quite a few but the main are
NSWGR C36, D50,53,55 and D59
Thanks

Hello M60,

If you let me know what loco you need an engine spec for I might be able to help. If I don't have a suitable engine spec I will need to find all the data for the particular loco i.e. Boiler pressure, cylinder size, boiler size, driving wheel size, firebox size, max speed, etc.etc.

Cheers,
Bill69

Are the D50,53 and 55 the same loco as the D59?

Bill69.

Just had a look on the DLS, there are lots of C36s so need to know the kuid number. The one I downloaded is a mess.

Bill69

Last edited:
No D50,53 and 55 are all technically the same they are different so D50 is the original D53 is a D50 just with a new boiler and D55 is like D53 but with new pistons, drivers and running gear and D59 is a different loco abd as for the C36's all I have are made by NSWGR_46Class so if you make the specs and email them to me which I will inbox you my email address I can replace the inaccurate specs

Are the D50,53 and 55 the same loco as the D59?

Bill69.

Just had a look on the DLS, there are lots of C36s so need to know the kuid number. The one I downloaded is a mess.

Bill69

Ok will do but I have to go out tonight so wont get a chance to look at them until to morrow.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi M60,

Send me a PM with your email so I can send you an E-spec for the C36. I have done the late model with 200psi boiler pressure so let me know if you want the earlier version too.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back