Uploading to DLS

Kennilworth

Hi

How long does it take to upload items to the DLS? I am trying to upload about thirty items to the DLS each of which is under 30 kb and so far it has taken 6 hours with no sign of it finishing. CMP (TS12 SP1 HF4) shows as not responding so I don't know if it has frozen or if it is still uploading. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

Brian

How long does it take to upload items to the DLS? I am trying to upload about thirty items to the DLS each of which is under 30 kb and so far it has taken 6 hours with no sign of it finishing. CMP (TS12 SP1 HF4) shows as not responding so I don't know if it has frozen or if it is still uploading. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Hi,

I uploaded 30 items, in total not more than 3mb, last week. Took less than 20 seconds.
I always use Content Manager to upload, although for my content creation I am still using TS12 build 49922.

What I do is turn off TS12 completely and wait for the background process to stop. Sometimes takes a minute or two. Restart the game, go to CM and immediately upload it. Works (almost) every time.

Hi again

Thank you both for your quick replies. It is still showing as not responding so I think I will force it to close with Task Manager and follow your advice. The trouble is I don't know if any or none of them have been uploaded. I find the lack of feedback from the process most irritating when it is taking so long to complete it.

Regards

Brian

Hi

Regards

Brian

I tend to put them up one at a time these days.

Cheerio John

I tend to upload items as individual assets, and through the "Your Content" web page, but I thought you can also upload multiple items packed into one CDP file and the DLS splits them into individual assets for you. Correct or not?

Correct, I often make combined cdp's If I have several items to upload and upload via the web page, they then get split back to individual cdp's, it's not failed yet. Only failures I have ever had were using Content manager, so I dont!

One word of warning for those who haven't used the web page before, is it's not glaringly obvious that anything is happening, just wait for the success message to appear.

Hi

Thank you to everyone who replied. I have just uploaded half of the assets singly and they are all appearing in the Unprocessed area now. I will wait to see if these go through to the DLS before trying any more.

Regards

Brian

Keep a watchful eye on your email in-box and junk folder and/or your Planet Auran mailbox for progress notifications from N3V until you finally see your assets appear on the DLS. Or just check the status using the Your Content page.

Back