Seeking help

Neville63

Had my copy of TS12 for some time now and it only came out now and again but latterly have got into it a fair bit loving it more and more created a simple layout and had fun driving around loading and unloading freight then found how to give my drivers orders had 5 trains operating watched my industry's and by increasing or decreasing consists got it to a very efficient rail system but while watching is fun I want to join in so I decided to add spur lines now I want to shunt a consist to the main line and have my mainline trains stop and couple up and deliver the goods then return the empty consist when giving my drivers their orders I find i can not give my driver a decouple command if he has no consist coupled or the couple command if the consist is coupled making it impossible to set a schedule and then ad the repeat leavening me free to shunt on the spur line is it possible to do this and if yes how please remember if you do reply with a solution i am a complete novice so i need it in very simple English thank you Neville

Put some full stops in your writing mate , it's hard work reading.
" I find i can not give my driver a decouple command if he has no consist coupled", it can't can it.
"or the couple command if the consist is coupled" . Try couple to vehicle at trackmark. Place trackmark (name it yyyy) and put something visible next to it as a marker. Bring your consist out and place the wagon to be coupled to by the marker.
Mainline consist comes in with command drive to trackmark xxx (which is further up the line allowing a reverse to couple to your placed consist). Next command "wait for 10 secs", next = couple to vehicle at trackmark.
Try it, see how you go.
Forgot something, put a permissive dwarf/invisible signal down about 30 foot from the trackmark or the mainline train might not couple.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply it seems I am not getting over what I want guess I am just to confusing thank you for your reply

The loco your shunting with to and from the industry (now I want to shunt a consist to the main line ) doesn't need commands because your controlling that yourself. Correct or not ?
(and have my mainline trains stop and couple up and deliver the goods) My original suggestion is still good for this one.

You could try out these uncouple and couple commands that are available using Content Manager or the DLS Black Pages to download them if you do not already have them.

UnCouplez,<kuid2:66277:80000:1> uncouples the locomotive (and tender if attached).

These commands replace the vehicles behind the locomotive either by a number for the vehicle in the consist or the name of a vehicle on the route

UnCouplezFrom,<kuid2:66277:80005:1>
CoupleToVehicle,<kuid:131986:1003>

These ones use trackmarks or signals where a consist might be parked (includes Fran1's suggestion).

Couple At Trackmark,<kuid2:57145:81100:1>
CoupleAtTrackMarkList,<kuid2:61392:2003:2>
CoupleToVFacingTrackmark,<kuid:131986:1002>
CoupleToVehicleNearSignal,<kuid:131986:1004>
UncoupleAtTrackMark,<kuid:61392:1076>

These commands can be used to control signals between the locomotive and the consist it is coupling to if the signal does not allow a locomotive to pass it at red.

Set Signal Ahead v2,<kuid2:368725:60003:2>
Set Signal Extended rule,<kuid2:47662:20002:3>

Back