Screenshot of The Week: August 3 to August 10 2014 (No Theme)

Hey Nicholas, thanks for doing this for us. It's nice to have a place on the forums where there is no fighting going on! I'll vote a little later when the sun comes up. I'll need a couple of coffees before I have a good look at all the great shots.

Cheers All .... good luck .... Rick

Enzo1 (Can you even do that? If I can't, then It'll be rickf77)
I think you can do that.
I consider it is disrespectful, maybe even a bit rude, and I think it says more about you then about your screenshot, but again I think you can do that.

I think you can do that.
I consider it is disrespectful, maybe even a bit rude, and I think it says more about you then about your screenshot, but again I think you can do that.
Actually, I believe that one cannot vote for one's self.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Well, if you could vote for yourself, I'd have a vote every time (hee, hee)! Boy, I would like to have even MORE than 8 votes this time! Really great stuff from everywhere! Some "special effects" I find very nice, other effects seem to turn a winner into ......ah, let's say, less than a winner. Chris, if it turns out that you can't vote for yourself, your other choice is fantastic! (again ... hee, hee)

1. Okhiu I really like those wild flowers he's using and everything else is pretty dang good also!

2. Epo (Epoche3bis4) Can Epo make a bad screenshot? I don't think so!

3. modeltrains Must be another nature freak!

Congrats to the rest of ya! You are all runner ups in my mind!

Cheers ... Rick

That was really, really difficult! I short-listed 8, viewed all 87 a second time and got it done to 4 then viewed those 4 about 5 times to get it down to 3 votes.

Nicholas, could you consider (in future) allowing 4 votes when there are more than a certain number of entries (we should leave the value of the breakpoint to you).

Finally, my three are:

modeltrains
Epoche3bis4
S301

All three were very evocative in different ways (modeltrains for the really believable landscape, grass and trees).

BUT, ARhian7 has to get an honourable mention! His landscape was really good too. The only thing that made it possible to drop him (and relieve me of my quandary) was the scale of the grass texture in the medium distance - smaller scale (or also covered in long grass like the near view) and it would have been perfect).

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Too many votes would increase the likelihood of ties and make it harder to crown a winner. In fact this was discussed before and we have made changes accordingly; 1 vote for up to 5 entries, 2 votes for up to 10, and 3 votes if there are more than 10.

Voting has always been difficult. We find it hard to vote for politicians too, only in that case you're not looking for the best but merely the least worst! :hehe:

My votes:

Kirra
Modeltrains
S301

Epoche3bis4
modeltrains
ARhian7

Y'all made it difficult this week. :p

Who cares about ties, N3V can just post more than one shot in the newsletter. ;)

Last edited:
Voting is now closed. Thank you all for participating. Congrats to Dan on winning, and frankly speaking this comp was pretty fantastic all around. ;)

8 modeltrains
6 rickf77
5 s301
5 epoche3bis4
4 ulmer94
2 okhiu
2 eso
2 arhian7
1 kirra
1 subway_777
1 girlsloverailroads2
1 captainkman
1 john514
1 enzo1

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Congrats Dan!! Just looked your shot over again. I like what you've done!

Like Nicholas said, not a dog in the bunch!

Cheers ... Rick

Back