Traffic regions have vanished ?

hotgrove

Having just revisited some WIPs i see that the road traffic has vanished.....the traffic toggle button is set to allow traffic flow but there is still no activity.......i've recently upgraded trainz 2009 to SP4......am i overlooking a quick fix ?

I'll give this a hopeful bump.Maybe somebody can tell me why most of my traffic regions no longer work ?

Most probably you have lost your Region setting. Go to Edit Route in Surveyor, check the Region box, if it's empty then use the little arrows either side of it to set a region that you know has traffic.

If this cannot be done in TS2009 then there is another way using direct edits of the files. Post again if you need to.

Thanks for the reply........there is no region box to check.........ALL my traffic regions were working but since i upgraded TS2009 to SP4 they have all gone apart from "UK new cars" which seems to have appeared since the upgrade and isn't very good.

Check that there aren't any errors with them in Content Manager. Outside of that, you might consider a Quick DB repair.

John

If John's suggestions do not work then try this:

Check the config.txt file for one of your dodgy Regions, it should have a line in it something like this:

region <kuid:-1:78031>

The KUID number will vary.

If that line is missing you will need to edit the config.txt (with a plain text editor like Notepad) and insert a line in there (as above) with a Region that is in the 2009 install (can't help with a KUID number, uninstalled 09 long ago).

Make sure you are putting in the right KUID, Region files have this line in the config.txt

kind "region"

Confusingly this 'Region' is not the same as the 'Region' described by the two letter region code in some assets !

If you get stuck post again.

Chris

Back