TANE? What is it, can I run it...?

mapii0914

OK...

#1.) I'm having studdering issues with TS2012. They aren't bad, but I built this nasty machine to run TS2012, and well...ehh...does anything else matter? I expect it to perform like a champ...sadly it doesn't quite get there.

#2.) What is this TANE I keep seeing mentioned? Will it maybe help? Can I run it?

As everyone is gonna ask for the specs, I'll just include them now...

MB - Asus Crosshair-V Formula Z
CPU - AMD FX-8350 (8-core/4.0 Ghz) I don't OC!
RAM - 16GB (4x 4GB Patriot DDR3 1333 Mhz) PLEASE...suggest I bump this to 32 GB 1866 Mhz! LOL! I just need an excuse :hehe:
VGA1 - Asus AMD R9 270-OC DCII, 2 GB DDR5 (CrossFire)
VGA2 - Asus AMD R9 270-OC DCII, 2 GB DDR5 (CrossFire)
HDD - Samsung EVO 840 250GB (Boot AND Trainz)
PSU - Thermaltake 850 watt FULL Modular 80 plus

OOPS, almost forgot the OS: Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

SO...any suggestions, comments, reasons I should NOT be able to run EVERYTHING on MAX settings? Will this TANE help?

Last edited:
Good to go by the look of that lot.
CPU's support open gl 4 ? If so your ok i would say.

I'm about to chunk this 2000 dollar paper weight out the window! :confused:

No need, this setup is quite the capable machine! Trainz has never been the most optimised program considering it is built on an ageing engine, hence the poor performance.

T:ANE should resolve these issues with a modern engine.

Jack

I'm about to chunk this 2000 dollar paper weight out the window! :confused:
G'day, WHY? The specifications look very good for tain but TS10 &12 would not be happy with the 2 GPU's in CrossFire so dont go on the existing trainz performance as I am sure Tain will run quite well on your PC.
Regards
Barrie

NOTE:- if you are going to chuck it my waste bin is available at no cost.:D

It looks like you have a very powerful computer. I am a bit suprised that you are getting stuttering even with an SSD hard drive. I hope TANE wont have any stuttering issues when it's released.

Heres a Little tip for what i do fior TS12.

Right click on My Computers > Properties
Down the Right hand Side > Advanced System Settings

A Pop window will open, it should be on the Advanced Tab

Now the top section of the Window is performance, Click the Settings button
Then Choose > Adjust For best Performance

it will make everything go to windows 98 appearance, it make a few seconds to change over, to change it back just follow the process again and change it to let windows decide or best appearance

this should help with the lag and shuddering.

if the lag/shuddering still continues download Razor Game Booster as this a bit of software that will close any processes that you wont be using during game play. once the game closes it reverts back to how it was before
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

i use both of the above and it has improved my game play in Trainz and other game alot

Chris

Last edited:
Trainz current does not support Crossfire or NVidia's equivalent of SLI technology very well. This can account for your more than normal amount of stuttering you are seeing. TANE, however, being a more modern simulator, may or may not support it. We had asked about it in the Trainz: A New Era + Kickstarter forum. Time will tell whether it will support this technology when simulator is released.

John

Multi-GPU support should be an expected standard considering that there are a fair few people out there using multi-GPU configurations for modern software. I would be surprised if TANE didn't support it to be honest however.

Multi-GPU support should be an expected standard considering that there are a fair few people out there using multi-GPU configurations for modern software. I would be surprised if TANE didn't support it to be honest however.

It should be expected, but we have to wait and see. I've learned a lot over the years to expect little and get surprised by a lot. :)

John

Back