Low but long Passenger enabeled platforms?

jd_james

Im trying to build a commuter route using Bi-Level cars in a ten car train set. Bi-level cars require a low platform and I found the perfect platform built into TRS12 Called; HOTT Station Bockaikert "kuid2:9999:28092:2". The problem with that platform is that it don't seem to work well. While it is a Passenger enabled platform that can take more than ten cars, trains wont work with that station. AI trains wont stop and load / unload passengers no matter what I do. I have given up on it.

I have looked at the Download station and haven't found much alternatives. While I found a few platforms that are long, they are to high, made for European trains. I have looked into AJS Station kits, they seem time consuming to set up, and they only seem to be good for shorter trains.

So with that said, does anyone know where I can get a platform similar to "HOTT Station Bockaikert" that is both low and long passenger enabled platforms?

You might be able to use these:

Low platform 100m,<kuid:70337:28030>
Low platform 20m,<kuid:70337:28031>

They are by martinvk

John

Hmmm, I'd guess if they aren't working well you might try some kitbashing--meaning examine the config and get a count of the attachment points on each platform and try to find a good working platform wiht the same number of attachment points. then steal it's script with appropriate renaming of points as needed.

If you put a link to Kdiff3 (shortcut) into the Sendto folder you can open the one and manually load the path of the other in another folder, or rename them, move to same folder, then highlight both, sendto and see both side by side. Notepad++ will give you the full path spec by RMBh on the edit tab for the second path. With multiple tabs ([CTRL]+[TAB] to toggle back and forth between configs) rearranging the configs to equalize where tags and containers line up is a few minutes task--then you can focus only on the actual important differences.

While admittedly I've only fixed about 20 station assets, they pretty much seem to use the same convention for naming the (a.pass.offNN) array data in the various containers. The scripts hook into those as well, so if I'm right and everyone has been using the same convention, this may all boil down to fixing just a few unique names. In other words this may be a fairly easy 'reconciliation' edit, and fun to try. Good luck and good hunting!

A second thought -- HP-Trainz' Marias-Pass passenger trains were double-deckers, so if you have TS2009 or TRS2006 you might look at Cut Bank and S... (dang!) stations and bring them into TS12. If you have the full route, some of the other 'Empire Builder' stations as well. // Frank

Hmmm, I'd guess if they aren't working well you might try some kitbashing--meaning examine the config and get a count of the attachment points on each platform and try to find a good working platform wiht the same number of attachment points. then steal it's script with appropriate renaming of points as needed.

If you put a link to Kdiff3 (shortcut) into the Sendto folder you can open the one and manually load the path of the other in another folder, or rename them, move to same folder, then highlight both, sendto and see both side by side. Notepad++ will give you the full path spec by RMBh on the edit tab for the second path. With multiple tabs ([CTRL]+[TAB] to toggle back and forth between configs) rearranging the configs to equalize where tags and containers line up is a few minutes task--then you can focus only on the actual important differences.

While admittedly I've only fixed about 20 station assets, they pretty much seem to use the same convention for naming the (a.pass.offNN) array data in the various containers. The scripts hook into those as well, so if I'm right and everyone has been using the same convention, this may all boil down to fixing just a few unique names. In other words this may be a fairly easy 'reconciliation' edit, and fun to try. Good luck and good hunting!

A second thought -- HP-Trainz' Marias-Pass passenger trains were double-deckers, so if you have TS2009 or TRS2006 you might look at Cut Bank and S... (dang!) stations and bring them into TS12. If you have the full route, some of the other 'Empire Builder' stations as well. // Frank
I am willing to open up HOTT Station Bockaikert and mess around with the .GS file. Only thing is that taking a peak at the script file, I'm not sure what to look for to fix it.

They are probably victims of the old script problems that have plagued older assets in TS12. Austin Hockey's CN Strafford Station has similar issues. The AI will sometimes stop before the station, or whiz by and continue on all without stopping at the platforms.

John

I use the AJS invisible stations. By default they're high-level but you can change their height in the properties. You can put two of them next to each other to extend their length. And then just use a spline over top to provide the physical platform (or a static object one). Gfishers's Low Platforms (or my reskins) are really nice.

peter

They are probably victims of the old script problems that have plagued older assets in TS12. Austin Hockey's CN Strafford Station has similar issues. The AI will sometimes stop before the station, or whiz by and continue on all without stopping at the platforms.

John
That's exactly the issue I am having with the hott platform. Is it fixible?

You can put two of them next to each other to extend their length.

You do end up with a lot of duplicate stations to direct AI to though. I just put the AJS thing in the middle and edit the length parameter to fit the platform, although this means no passenger models at the far ends of the platform I'm fine with that but some people might not be.

You do end up with a lot of duplicate stations to direct AI to though. I just put the AJS thing in the middle and edit the length parameter to fit the platform, although this means no passenger models at the far ends of the platform I'm fine with that but some people might not be.

In the AJS config menu use the station type as to where your trains will stop, thru trains will stop in the middle in relation to where you place the station track, you might want to adjust it's location in relation to the platform length.

John

I believe with the A-B platforms you can send AIs to the whole platform or just one of the two, so in fact it's more flexible.

peter

That's exactly the issue I am having with the hott platform. Is it fixible?

I don't think so. This is something that N3V is aware of and there was a lengthy thread going on somewhere regarding this issue. Hopefully the issue is resolved in T:ANE.

John

I use the AJS invisible stations. By default they're high-level but you can change their height in the properties. You can put two of them next to each other to extend their length. And then just use a spline over top to provide the physical platform (or a static object one). Gfishers's Low Platforms (or my reskins) are really nice.

peter
Gfisher's stuff is generally very nice. Suggest you look those over carefully. // F

I don't think so. This is something that N3V is aware of and there was a lengthy thread going on somewhere regarding this issue. Hopefully the issue is resolved in T:ANE.

John
Are you sure no one has identified what in scripts is causing the missed stops--or are you saying:
This is one of the TS12 issues (and the scripts are fine!) that have been reported and we never get a fix nor hear back about?

Given how often you rant on how they ignore things that have been reported, and that I know you have been complaining about AI's not stopping in your NE route... You went on about such for a few weeks as I recollect this spring! I'm surprised you are so blase about this continuing wound and insult!

A bug is a bug, and people need start demanding bugs be stomped promptly and often vociferously! Taking care of existing customer issues needs should be a higher priority than new development in any good business. Save with these guys...I guess!

Suggest anyone having wasted time debugging sessions (a long and sometimes tedious process!) from this 'known issue' should submit a ticket. The squeeky wheel... et.al.

So many issues, and still no TS12-SP2 in sight. Sigh. // Frank

peter
OP, for a quick and dirty solution, this is perhaps your best bet for a good 'general fix'. Changing the height in your cloned copy is a one time edit. If I understand John right, the issue is TS12's scheduling of events, and not the stations' scripts though, so even these will likely have similar issues. I think John had to fiddle with placements and adjust command ques and stuff like that to get certain things to work most of the time with his mix of trolleys and AI freights in the B&M. (We talk often using voice, so the many conversations tend to blurr!) Set me straight John! Or tell your tale and describe what you did that worked and didn't work! // Frank

I believe with the A-B platforms you can send AIs to the whole platform or just one of the two, so in fact it's more flexible.

peter

Additional: In order to properly use the AJS stations to their fullest capabilities, you have to use Andi's "Call At" command rather then the regular "Drive/Navigate To" command.

peter

they're one of the many invisible platforms available with a spline on top; just like what I suggested doing.

peter

they're one of the many invisible platforms available with a spline on top; just like what I suggested doing.

peter
Yes I am currently looking for one. It's just they are all to high and cant find one low enough. I really don't want to use AJS stations unless I am out of any options

Yes I am currently looking for one. It's just they are all to high and cant find one low enough. I really don't want to use AJS stations unless I am out of any options

Just use the height set spline tool, whatever it's called and sink them a meter or so down. There are ones with ramps, half-ramps, and blunt ends in the base TRS2006/TS2009 JAs, if you installed them. If you didn't you're missing a lot of good content as built-ins. IMHO, TS10 and TS12 together are missing loads of good stuff. Just select splines [F3]-, type platform without any filter and just lay out a fresh baseboard to take a look at what you have. When you have a likely candidate, lay a track down beside it, place a couple of your double-descker coaches on it, and Fiddle with the height. Since your stations terrains tend to be flat, however much you need to sink it is and will be a fixed offset in height.

Go to your real route, and repeat knowing what you have to do. // Frank

Back