Amtrak Horizons

bentrain14

does not make bogies
Hey guys, want to keep you updated on a few things with the horizons. They are nearing release. We are just waiting on a few things, such as the Cafe car and some coupler fixes. I can assure you that the second I get the updates from N8phu, these will be released. I'm gonna post a few shots here and when time comes then Ill get links out to everyone. And to those who keep asking, yeah, Ill be gone shortly after the release of the horizons and Ill only post time to time when appropriate like for updates on releases and content updates. Youll have to find other means of contacting me if you want a quick reply after the release.
OGZf3gl.jpg

5NWnTjz.jpg

t7WgaUf.jpg

6oiAsn3.jpg

Pretty nice job. Though I can't help but wonder, how will these Horizons be different from the ones already on the DLS? Those cars, which come in Phase III and IVb, have held up fairly well.

^
how will these Horizons be different from the ones already on the DLS?
Ahhh that old faithful question. Im not answering that stupid question that everyone asks. I am not forcing anyone to use these. So how about when I release these, you look for your self. Then YOU choose which ones you want to use.
Anywho. thumbnail! Ill have better pics soon.
tyoTvzR.jpg

Lookin' Good! Can't wait for the finished product! Have certainly been getting into your BETA release, from SETS FB! Will you be able to enter the interior with cab view?

Lookin' Good! Can't wait for the finished product! Have certainly been getting into your BETA release, from SETS FB! Will you be able to enter the interior with cab view?
Currently no. But I am sure if I cn talk to a few people, that can be fixed at later times. :) Also Thanks guys for the compliments. :)

You certainly have upgraded these old cars! I have had a blast with the beta, especially with the new JR Genesis locomotives!

Pretty nice job. Though I can't help but wonder, how will these Horizons be different from the ones already on the DLS? Those cars, which come in Phase III and IVb, have held up fairly well.
Oh you have no idea, I missed the beta for these and I'm kicking myself for it.
some examples of changes
the paint has been completely redone (looks really good ben btw)
new interior scheme as the DLS one is still the PIII fabric on the seats)
Bogey's are changed (I believe they were remodeled [if that's the default bogey for them I give you guys major props])
and a whole bunch of other changes I don't feel like typing out

The bogeys are courtesy of HP Trainz. Chris is the one who said we should do that. He got permission and I just skinned them. Not taking full credit. As for the interior I half assed it a little bit. Note the sides by the windows, I just traced that over to create a blank. Wasnt in the mood for doing a full thing. As for anything else I did the best I could. The BFIMO (best feature in my opinion) of this project is the new window textures. I want to thank Mike for that. He gave me some tips and something to start with. Chris took care of the couplers and some mesh attachment points. Now of all the people I want opinions from, Id like to hear from Erik. (Ekankal) :hehe: Funny thing, hes taught me alot about texturing/weathering so a comment from him, bad or good, would make my day. :) Thanks all for the compliments! Any questions ask now :p

Surprise! Its peter. :p lol, as he said, horizons didnt have a cab car variant. Horizons though are really close to Metro Norths cab cars however. Anywho, I think Im stepping away and going to worry about the AC6000 for a little. If theres any Amtrak equipment youd like to see though go ahead and ask.

Surprise! Its peter. :p lol, as he said, horizons didnt have a cab car variant. Horizons though are really close to Metro Norths cab cars however. Anywho, I think Im stepping away and going to worry about the AC6000 for a little. If theres any Amtrak equipment youd like to see though go ahead and ask.

The Horizons are based on the Comet II car design, both are made by Bombardier. Hence the similarities, however the Horizon cars are built to be for long distances rather then short hauls. There are Comet II cab cars, and they should be built into TRS.

peter

Back