Screenshot of The Week: July 27 to Aug 3 2014 (Steam)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

We go back to the roots of railroading's humble beginnings with this week's theme brought to you by Peter; Steam. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the
Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on Aug 3 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

dnWav0EssOGztPWScduvTIeoAL1beZwPJ9HSwbfn4i0=w1307-h627-no

Wooo! Good theme! :D

With the town of Cleaver in a valley many roads are closed during severe weather and the railway is pressed back into service. Here DD 584 is rostered on an un-scheduled train to transport some much needed goods usually delivered by truck, as well as an added BW to replace the valley bus service.

f8e27eb2a52c95944b8eb920540e9a4b.jpg

I reckon winter really enhances the atmosphere of a steam locomotive. The cold weather shows the steam and power much more fascinatingly than on warmer days :)

Cheers
Stevo

Last edited:
Summer in the UK - .1950’s

The raw power of the distant rebuilt Merchant Navy Class passenger train is almost lost in the distant rural landscape.

Still audible, and unmistakable, but not close enough to frighten the local cattle.

nature1_zpsf521db15.jpg~original

Thanks for the postcard! That is a very interesting looking place!

Have a good time... cheers .... Rick

Last edited:
Great screenshots from everyone !
Here's one from me. I'm so sorry I originally put in more than one- I was so excited about this week's theme, I forgot only one was allowed:eek:
Rebecca...

The Duchess on the bridge steaming over the lake...

Last edited:
Back