Instant Load: Blocking

hert

Screenshot Creator
How do I disable blocking from the new instantload command. So that it will randomly load the same cars with different products? Any help on this matter.

Thanks,
hert

I am confused as to why this is an issue.

if you have a train with a string of one or more of the same kind of car in it, it would make more sense that these are all containing the same thing. Can you give me an example of what situation you would not want some kind of sorted freight in your train?

I can certainly make a way to load only a random load in each car and disable the freight car blocking, but I didn't think of a reason that should be done because from my perspective it simply isn't realistic. If you can give a reason that it should be I am open to suggestion.

Last edited:
If you have an intermodal train - I don't know how it is in FL but here in Minnesota the containers are usually different in every car.

The only real big way that I could see is if you had a customer with similar cargo shipping conditions met by the same freight car, but had ordered or was shipping multiple products such as a large distribution plant may have pallets of office supplies here and paper here, and all are shipped by similar cars.

Cheers,
Joshua

If you have an intermodal train - I don't know how it is in FL but here in Minnesota the containers are usually different in every car.

But the blocking does not apply to intermodal trains.

I have a feeling that what the blocking does is not being understood.

What if it's a local serving several small industries that take different products in the same car type and only hold one car at a time(as weird as that seems)?

OK, I did find a nit in the code that could cause unexpected behavior. You can re-download the instant load library to be sure you are up-to-date.

All intermodal cars including wellcars, TOFC, Spinecars, COFC are excluded from blocking because yes that doesn't make any sense.

Here are some examples of blocking as viewed with the train list rule. notice that similar cars that are coupled together tend to carry the same product. It doesn't mean all boxcars carry one product or that all hoppers carry another product, just that the same car types coupled together are more likely to be carrying the same thing because they were blocked by destination in the train yard.

What if it's a local serving several small industries that take different products in the same car type and only hold one car at a time(as weird as that seems)?

Then I would say that instant load should not be used on this train as the intent is for it to be used on auto-generated AI trains or player trains where the load is less important than your example. A local or any other train servicing a specific industry should not be randomly loaded and falls beyond the scope of the Instant Load command.

Last edited:
NS37 - One thing you may want to check.

I've noticed that if a person has your InstantLoad12 command as well as another Instant Load command in the driver command list, they both appear as 'Instant Load'. This may be confusing to those who happen to want both the ability to load random products for one train as well as wanting the first product in the config.txt to be loaded onto a different train.

Just my two cents - apologies if it's off-topic.

Shane

NS37 - One thing you may want to check.

I've noticed that if a person has your InstantLoad12 command as well as another Instant Load command in the driver command list, they both appear as 'Instant Load'. This may be confusing to those who happen to want both the ability to load random products for one train as well as wanting the first product in the config.txt to be loaded onto a different train.

Just my two cents - apologies if it's off-topic.

Shane

I understand what you mean because the original instant load from years ago is the one that loads only the first available product. I thought about changing the name in the menu, but at this point, my instant load is the one with a sub menu and options, the other does not have any.

Back