Narrow gauge screenshots

G'day! :wave:

I rebuilt the old North East Dundas Tramway (An abandon 2ft 4in mining railway deep in the wilderness of Western Tasmania) and got a few screnies of it. ^^

rastis_20100821_0000.jpg

In front of Montezuma Falls.

rastis_20100821_0001.jpg

Climbing out of Williamsford.

rastis_20100822_0000.jpg

Crossing a river.

rastis_20100822_0001.jpg

Climbing the mountains back towards Williamsford with a goods.

rastis_20100822_0002.jpg

And hauling the weekly supply train.

Cheers! :)

Jake.

G'day! :wave:

I rebuilt the old North East Dundas Tramway (An abandon 2ft 4in mining railway deep in the wilderness of Western Tasmania) and got a few screnies of it. ^^

*Snip*

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Just a quick note - you're probably getting confused with 24 inches - 24 inches is two feet (12 inches to the foot)

Other than that, it looks like it's coming along nicely!

Chris

hoborailcat, may I make a suggestion?

If that is your route, just a little tip for making is that try to use diferent trees in one area and not have it look so uniform.

Otherwise, nice;) . Im VERY tempted to relpicate that first scene in my own route.:hehe:

Actually this isn't my route. It is called Grand Valley NG and is on the DLS. Heh, you should see what those trees do to my framerate.:hehe:

No trains, but still narrow gauge...

Hi all,

While preparing some stuff for release I had to do a few screenshots, and I figured I should share a couple I liked so much that I feel the bigger size then 240x180 is called for. :)

First out is a shot from the top of a pole in a small logging camp, and yes, I don't know logging camps very well, so bear with me. Track gauge is 24 inches.
20100829_0000_logging_camp.jpg

Second out is a close up look of the "old" Commissary & Rec Hall built for the West Side Lumber project back in 2004, skinned as a gray color.
20100829_0001_com-rec_hall.jpg

And, last out is the same Commissary & Rec Hall mesh, just added a little longer legs to it, a few more polygons and skinned into a more brownish appearance better suited my own taste.
20100829_0002_com-rec_hall.jpg

The structure models pictured are already on the DLS (the two small cabins in the overview shot) or on their way to the DLS - the Commissary/Rec hall and the large shed and some loose doors.

Thanks for letting me share some big views for once of some of my models. :) Hopefully the lack of any trains isn't a problem.

Take care

Linda

Many thanks for kind comments guys! :)

@shortline
I really like your wonderful content, great work! :cool:

Here are two new pics without trains -only pure nature ;) :

show-image_org-10083122927446.jpg

show-image_org-10083122705376.jpg

cheers
spike

are real pictures allowed in here?:hehe:

wow spike, that looks amazing!! it makes me want to go on a european narrow gauge spree!!! (PS that's a good thing!)

Hey Bob, you ever thought of using Elvenor's 3ft dirt+weeds ballast track? not trying to be pushy or anything, but it's kinda obvious there's no ballast under the ties:eek:. I like it because it makes the colorado narrow gauge engines look like they properly overhang the track, especially when you fir pilot plows to them.

But hey, you do whatever you want, it's your layout after all.

PS Bob, that track is made for UTC, so if you search for it, make sure that box is checked.

and spike, i may just have to take you up on your offer:D.

sawyer811: Thanks for the suggestion I'll certainly will look into that..

Hi Bob,

I don't see anything with the track, I love the way the textures compliment the color of the ties. As well as how the grass off to the side add a rustic feel to the line.

Keep up the good work!:Y:

Edit: Looking at the image again I notes that you raised the topology that is under the track a little bit higher. You are starting to form a eye for detail my friend.

Cheers,
JRT

Last edited:
Back