Narrow gauge screenshots

.. new preview : ffestiniog railway alco 1265 mountaineer by edh6 .. thank you very much .. part of the price will keep the real one in steam ..

mountaineer-II-by-edh6.jpg

Die 750 mm Schmalspurbahn Oschatz - Mügeln - Glossen - Kemmlitz ist der Nachbau von zwei Streckenabschnitten der ehemaligen Mügelner Schmalspurbahn in Sachsen. Der Abschnitt Oschatz-Mügeln wurde 1885 eröffnet und ist 11,4 km lang. Der Abschnitt Mügeln-Neichen wurde 1888 eröffnet und ist 24 km lang. Der 1903 eröffnete Abschnitt Nebitzschen-Kemmlitz ist 2,6 km lang und diente dem Transport von Kaolin für die Porzellanherstellung. Die übrige Strecke diente vor allem dem Transport landwirtschaftlicher Produkte und dem Personenverkehr.

Zwischen 1967 und 1972 wurden viele Streckenabschnitte nach und nach stillgelegt, so dass heute nur noch die Streckenabschnitte Oschatz-Glossen und Nebitzschen- Kemmlitz mit dem VT 137 515 und den Diesellokomotiven 199-030-8 und 199 031-6 im Personenverkehr betrieben werden. Mehrmals im Jahr finden in Mügeln Bahnhofsfeste statt.

The 750 mm narrow-gauge railway Oschatz - Mügeln - Glossen - Kemmlitz is a replica of two sections of the former Mügeln narrow-gauge railway in Saxony. The Oschatz-Mügeln section was opened in 1885 and is 11.4 km long. The Mügeln-Neichen section was opened in 1888 and is 24 kilometres long. The Nebitzschen-Kemmlitz section, which opened in 1903, is 2.6 km long and was used to transport kaolin for porcelain production. The rest of the line was mainly used to transport agricultural products and passengers.

Between 1967 and 1972, many sections of the line were gradually closed, so that today only the Oschatz-Glossen and Nebitzschen-Kemmlitz sections are still in passenger service with the VT 137 515 and the diesel locomotives 199-030-8 and 199 031-6. Station festivals are held in Mügeln several times a year.

Lokschuppen-Muegeln.jpg

Re news regarding the Alpine tunnel route, I've suffered a case of burnout on this route, the last few miles of rocks is proving to be problematic . Also a lack of any interest in anyone making any rolling stock or locos for the Colorado midland portion of the route was very disappointing. So this is to let you NG nuts that I'm putting it up as a WIP, around 90% completed, doing testing to see what is missing from DLS and hopefully it will up there soon as freeware. I have modified several locos and cars into Colorado Midland livery , with varied success, I will see if i can get these to work in 3.5 so they can be uploaded, there is a mod of one of trainbois locos that can be easily carried out if you download his locos from trainzforge. I will ask him if he is ok for me to put the info out here.
I am currently working full time on another abandoned line, the Willunga railway ,not NG which is well underway and i cant see myself putting that aside unless I burn out on that project, but if there is any interest in Alpine tunnel when uploaded it may spur me on to complete it. The Alpine route will be tested in both 2019 and 2022 to see what is unknown on the DLS, there should be some movement within the next two weeks if all goes well.
if you want to run this route you WILL need to visit trainzforge https://trainz-forge.com
and download most of the Colorado southern and DRGW locos to make it work, I will be deleting ALL rolling stock on the route to enable sessions and to avoid problems. there is no signalling as per the original lines , all used token workings. .If I have time I'll make a list of available items for download that are on the DLS and Trainzforge.

y
Where can I get this route along with many other mountainous narrow gauge routes.
You appear to have skipped past this post which was put up here a few days ago .
"Re news regarding the Alpine tunnel route, I've suffered a case of burnout on this route, the last few miles of rocks is proving to be problematic . Also a lack of any interest in anyone making any rolling stock or locos for the Colorado midland portion of the route was very disappointing. So this is to let you NG nuts that I'm putting it up as a WIP, around 90% completed, doing testing to see what is missing from DLS and hopefully it will up there soon as freeware.
I am currently working full time on another abandoned line, the Willunga railway ,not NG which is well underway and i cant see myself putting that aside unless I burn out on that project, but if there is any interest in Alpine tunnel when uploaded it may spur me on to complete it. The Alpine route will be tested in both 2019 and 2022 to see what is unknown on the DLS, there should be some movement within the next two weeks if all goes well.
if you want to run this route you WILL need to visit trainzforge https://trainz-forge.com
and download most of the Colorado southern and DRGW locos to make it work, I will be deleting ALL rolling stock on the route to enable sessions and to avoid problems. there is no signalling as per the original lines , all used token workings. .If I have time I'll make a list of available items for download that are on the DLS and Trainzforge."

search for alpine tunnel in the freeware section and you will find the current situation on that thread. the line is being checked out and once that is done it will be uploaded to the DLS as a WIP.

y

You appear to have skipped past this post which was put up here a few days ago .
"Re news regarding the Alpine tunnel route, I've suffered a case of burnout on this route, the last few miles of rocks is proving to be problematic . Also a lack of any interest in anyone making any rolling stock or locos for the Colorado midland portion of the route was very disappointing. So this is to let you NG nuts that I'm putting it up as a WIP, around 90% completed, doing testing to see what is missing from DLS and hopefully it will up there soon as freeware.
and download most of the Colorado southern and DRGW locos to make it work, I will be deleting ALL rolling stock on the route to enable sessions and to avoid problems. there is no signalling as per the original lines , all used token workings. .If I have time I'll make a list of available items for download that are on the DLS and Trainzforge."

search for alpine tunnel in the freeware section and you will find the current situation on that thread. the line is being checked out and once that is done it will be uploaded to the DLS as a WIP.
apologies for not seeing that post. Any good narrow gauge routes you can recommend that are highly forested and mountainous?

apologies for not seeing that post. Any good narrow gauge routes you can recommend that are highly forested and mountainous?
Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but the Uintah is mountainous and parts of it are heavily forested.,There are quite a few sessions available for that route too. you could also check out the timber ridge TANE narrow gauge version. Both of those are by me, although timber ridge contains rather a lot of third party rolling stock and locos that are no longer easy to find.I made a standard gauge version of the route that still contains a substantial portion of narrow gauge track and its got some extreme grades, you might care to try that, that is the Timber Ridge line std guage 2021 v1 . Then there is Durango to Silverton 11895 v 3 by Hec Sekuna and you could also try out colorado 71s Georgetown to Silver Plume, no other large routes come to mind that are US and NG and meet your criteria.

The late Norm Hart modded the roillins pass route to be NG on thr trainz italia website but thats not on the dls and I think, is no longer available.

Back