Narrow gauge screenshots

re post #3595 Epoche3bis4
Smashing shots from your good self and a fine choice of railway to model.
re post #3596 Euromodeller.
Thanks for all your latest downloads.

WIP
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Nice shot everybody

Epoche3bis4 your giving me ideas, now thinking a private version of NG24 Spring Valley Route as a SAR Apple express type route, ground textures need to change a fair bit looking at the videos of the apple express line to make it look more South Africa, tree need changing and thinned out in parts and of course the US buildings need changing, the old rough roads and vehicles might be ok

Could be fun

Tom

Thanks Euromodeller for the Green HF160D Fits the route a lot better than the original black ones,

Just a reminder for those who need 600mm/2ft/24in Grain / covered open wagons don't forget Steve Flanders Ex WD wagons and the covers he made for them

Tom

Last edited:
Great work Malc don't you hate that

Been using it to Run the SAR Locos, All the SAR/NGR N. NG4, NG6 both versions and Golwe using the mainline coaches and the spooner ones in same livery, such a great route.

The NG6's why not of Ffestiniog can run thier small tender locos backward, why can't this line

Tom

PS do have a 2nd session that has as close I could get it the original loco roster as well

Still one of my Favorite things is EDH6's Welsh Pony pack I brought as Donationware to support the restoration of the loco on FR by same same

Tom

Last edited:
Good Morning Sir Dan Gavel,

And to others, beautiful Screen Shots.....Made my day as I venture out a bit, we just had 3 Days of much needed Rain, and Falls first Snow in our Local Mountains, hoping in few weeks to get some more Rain......We are in a 7 Year Drought, 11 States on West Coast side in it with us......Will see how mother Nature does for us.

Dan I hope you are doing well, and too others as well.

Peace and Blessings to all as we near Thanksgiving......

I have been using later version C&S rs and locos as I forgot that Trainboi had made some Denver Leadville and Gunnison items , so here's some shots with the right equipment, i think these old pancake stacked 2-8-0 locos are some of the most beautiful made , they were one of the main reasons I fell in love with Colorado NG when I was but a slip of a lad.
UTexrSS.jpg

The old DSP&P changed hands no fewer than three times in the pace of a decade, and around the turn of the century it was still possible to see trains made up of stock from all three companies DSP&P. DL&G AND C&S as re-lettering just hadn't caught up with the new reality.
1RYfZQO.jpg

skrZ9x6.jpg

cppnFAP.jpg

8l1NB0v.jpg

plus one should not forget Togogs DSP&Ps excellent locos and RS, ive swapped the enginespec for one of ben neals and they perform much better, they no longer have wheels spinning excessively.
YcTeQwK.jpg

hWvlitf.jpg

MBpJIVU.jpg

uU2zk6z.jpg

pMWeaky.jpg

hw2kac5.jpg

The only missing DSPP items are carriages , coal and stock cars....and yes, these Mason bogies would never have been used in this configuration , but I wanted to get all locos and rolling stock in as a reminder of whats out there.

Last edited:
evilcrow --

The Garratt. Great reskin. This NG24 is addictive. It's a pity, though, that I can't find any interactive freight cars.

Best watched full screen and 1440p (or 1080p):

I'll be uploading the layout tomorrow.

Phil

re post #3613 philskene.
Phil, a nice video.
Try edh6's L&B freight/goods wagons. They do have the an attachment point, but you have to add to the config "a.load" dependant on what the vehicle is.
This is for the "L&B 8 Ton Platfrom Wagon"

queues
{
load0
{
size 1
initial-count 0

attachment-points
{
0 "a.load"
}

allowed-products
{
0 <kuid:169585:81026>
1 <kuid:169585:81027>

2 <kuid:255503:104024>
3 <kuid2:169585:81030:1>
4 <kuid2:67794:50059:1>
5 <kuid:252585:281070601>
6 <kuid2:72730:61206:1>
}
}
}

I did three other locos of the NG24 that are also on the DLS.

I look forward to your layout.

Cheers, Ken

Ken --

Thanks.

I didn't know there was an attachment point on those wagons. Adding your suggested script bought it to life. I had tried to add an attachment point using PEVSoft "Attachment Maker", but it refused to open the trainzmesh file. Is there any way to add an attachment point to these new files?

This shows the upper level of the Hoofhearted & Smelz. A switchback leads down to the lower level.

It's a reworking of the 30" gauge layout of the same name, with a few modifications. Overall it looks like this:

TRS19_Hoofhearted_002.jpg

It has lots of interactive industries, which is why I asked about interactive freight cars. I uploaded the layout to the Download Station this morning.

Phil

Attachment maker creates a new mesh which then has to be added to the mesh table in the asset's config.txt file.

You can just load up anything as the "reference mesh" then make the points you want, and save the attachment mesh.

Mixing .trainzmesh and .im files in an asset is ok.

Of course, not having the actual reference model to go off of can make things difficult, but its a way forward.

I usually make an .im with one attachment point at the origin (0,0,0) then use a position tag to fine tune its location. Then I can use those x,y,z values to make a "real" attachment mesh, with the point properly located.

It's tedious, but doable.

That's the way that I used to do it before PEVSoft "Attachment Maker". It certainly was tedious. "Attachment Maker" was like manna from heaven. But you are saying we have to go back to the bad old days?

Back