Narrow gauge screenshots

750mm MRR WIP

750mm WIP MRR outside looking in!

Kimmelhafen-looking-inwards.jpg

Some times i wonder about the future of NG on trainz as the company never promote any of the routes or provide any new items as DLC either,but form what i can see recently there are quite a few routes in progress , great variety too , well done folks. However from my observations, not many younger folk seem all that interested in making routes or content, trainboi being the obvious exception ... or am i incorrect ?

I have tried to make routes and maybe I am my worst critic, but I think they look lousy.

have to agree, I always seem to get bad comments or complaints not matter how clear I make it what they need to run map, sometimes i do wounder why I try except for my own enjoyment

Tom

I have tried to make routes and maybe I am my worst critic, but I think they look lousy.

evilcrow --

Those screen shots are outstanding.
_____

"Some times i wonder about the future of NG on trainz as the company never promote any of the routes or provide any new items as DLC either ... ."

Good comment. Are there any NG routes as DLC, apart from my Innter Khon Necktion and Cillie Oldphartz?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ion-Narrow-Gauge-Railroad-Model-Trainz-Layout

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?156369-The-Cilie-Oldphartz-Railroads

I for one would welcome more.

For freeware I do have several on the Download Station, for example:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...uot-The-Yuan-Gulch-quot-Narrow-Gauge-Railroad

Phil

Some times i wonder about the future of NG on trainz as the company never promote any of the routes or provide any new items as DLC either,but form what i can see recently there are quite a few routes in progress , great variety too , well done folks. However from my observations, not many younger folk seem all that interested in making routes or content, trainboi being the obvious exception ... or am i incorrect ?

I keep coming up with ideas for new routes, especially NG ones... Just gets harder to find the energy to build the things... Really want to try designing some more in the way of 15inch gauge lines and 2ft gauge lines but with the amount of time I get stuck at work it gets harder and harder each day. :/

I have a huge NG route in progress, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which is 2ft gauge.
I also have 600mm, 750mm, 760mm, and 1000mm gauge routes and model railways in progress but it will be a while before they are completed.

@Thule_P, I will try and get some 15in procedural track made soon.

Here's some assets that have just been approved by N3V and will be available on the DLS soon.

600mm Decauville loco and 3 different feldbahn wagons that will accept loads from industries.

600mm-Decauville-0-6-0-loco-with-Heeresfeldbahn-wagons.jpg

Cheers,
Graham

re post #3582 Philskene
Thanks for the compliment. Your routes are a joy to explore. If I need something a looksee around one your routes is always productive.
WIP

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

evilcrow --

I'm intrigued by this 2ft narrow gauge stuff and have some thoughts about modifying one of my existing layouts to 2ft gauge I've downloaded your Garrett and hopper. The Garrett in particular is outstanding. Where can I find more rolling stock -- for example, the freight cars in your Post #3579, previous page?

Phil

evilcrow --

I'm intrigued by this 2ft narrow gauge stuff and have some thoughts about modifying one of my existing layouts to 2ft gauge I've downloaded your Garrett and hopper. The Garrett in particular is outstanding. Where can I find more rolling stock -- for example, the freight cars in your Post #3579, previous page?

Phil

They're reskins of edh6's 'SAR NG' Rolling Stock. The catch to these is that they are listed as Locomotives instead of Rolling Stock on the DLS.

evilcrow --

Phil

Hi Phil, you might want to visit this thread...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ng-Stock-600mm-(NG24)-750-760mm-(NG30)-1000mm

I am adding new assets to it frequently and soon I will have available some US assets that were used in Europe in WWI.

Cheers,
Graham

Last edited:
evilcrow --I'm intrigued by this 2ft narrow gauge stuff and have some thoughts about modifying one of my existing layouts to 2ft gauge I've downloaded your Garrett and hopper. The Garrett in particular is outstanding. Where can I find more rolling stock -- for example, the freight cars in your Post #3579, previous page?Phil
Hi Phil, there are several sources of 2 ft gauge rolling stock. I have a lot on the DLS for, amongst others, the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland, Lynton & Barnstaple (as featured in some of the screenshots above) and South African Railways (please be aware that some of my 2 ft content hasn't been updated for recent Trainz editions yet). There's also content by Clam1952 on the DLS plus some stuff on the ING4Trainz website.

Re post #3587 philskene,
Hello Phil,
For more Lynton and Barnstable stuff, look for "steveflanders <kuid : 169585> with the prefix "SF L&B" on the DLS.
His website, http://www.jatws.org/ing4trainz/index.htm.

I would post some screenies of his L&B coaches, but something seems awry with the forum at the moment.

Cheers, Ken

@evilcrow, this WIP project looking fantastic. Very nice and atmosphäric Pictures. I like it:).
And here my Narrow Gauge Pictures made on Ivomaseks Route Ireland 1920. I have changed and updated some Objects on this Map only for my private Fun.

Greetings, Epo:)

2022-11-02001716gsihw.jpg

2022-11-020012329yd66.jpg

2022-11-020006087zfzk.jpg

2022-11-020014430xiub.jpg

2022-11-02000350rlfoa.jpg

Nice shots everyone!

I'll add some views of my WIP 600mm Tourist Railway...

The red loco will arrive at the DLS overnight tonight along with 4 WWI U.S.Army wagons. (Image 4 below)

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

Talking about our favorite British NG the L&BR I realized I still have this from TS12 L--B V2 I updated with proper floor a long time ago, can't find the original anymore in CMP or DLS search so must have been deleted and can't remember original author but a blast from the past

Tom

Jesus, that's one of mine from a LONG time ago.

Back