Narrow gauge screenshots

Benk- Where did you find the building of the gray workshop in the first picture for the Robgood railway, and the small little yellow bench/coach coaches? just wondering...

The cars are on the DLS by the same person who made the kipplores I believe. The shed should also be on the DLS, however, I can't seem to remember the name.

Cheers,
John

A question to Kevmt, or anyone else who knows. When you make something for mst, can it be used in trainz aswell? (I wouldn't think so) So if you can't explains why kevin has most of his stock for mst.

Cheers

Heres An Old DW&RG Snow plow for NG with the 0-6-0 Engine pushing it for NG.:)
screen057wt1.jpg

A question to Kevmt, or anyone else who knows. When you make something for mst, can it be used in trainz aswell? (I wouldn't think so) So if you can't explains why kevin has most of his stock for mst.

Cheers

It can be converted if you have the original GMAX files. There are converters for both games, so any piece of content can be made for both games.

Cheers,
John

It can be converted if you have the original GMAX files. There are converters for both games, so any piece of content can be made for both games.

Cheers,
John

which if I am not mistaken is what Kevin is doing, to some of his models, others he is updating as he releases them for trainz; like he did with Dolgoch and the other Talyllyn stuff. We look forward to his next wonderful contribution to us and the rest of the NG trainzers :D

Rhielfford Talfryn

well once again I've gone off what I'm supposed to be doing and started yet another route:rolleyes:. The Rhielfford Talfryn is a very much Ffestiniog/ Tal-y-llyn inspired route. It is 2'3" so its for Kevin's great Talyllyn Stock:D
(sorry for bad quality of JPEGS, photoshop was having a bad day)
Screen_262.jpg

the station at Porthcadell (Battle port) very Ffestiniog
Screen_263.jpg

crossing the beach line/'cob'
Screen_264.jpg

Dolgoch enters Worsley Works, a very Pendre yard
Screen_266.jpg

Talyllyn has a steam test
Screen_265.jpg

Dolgoch stops at Worsley station to pickup some passengers...
Screen_274.jpg

kind of an overall view of Worsley
Screen_268.jpg

the line continues into the mountainous country side
Screen_267.jpg

Moel Eilio a hiking stop, kind of Penrhyn-ish

More RT

but wait theres more!
Screen_269.jpg

Moel Eilio a little later..
Screen_272.jpg

the road crossing a little later
Screen_270.jpg

end of the line for now
Screen_271.jpg

a sheer face, wouldnt want a de-railment there would you...
Screen_275.jpg

beautiful Welsh country...
Screen_273.jpg

Dolgoch's driver is puzzled at where to go, this works train is headed to Talfryn, but the track hasnt been laid yet (Talfryn is two boards away, which hasnt been built yet.. :p)

So I'm guessing (hoping with fingures crossed) that the Ffestiniog stock Kevin made for MSTS is going to end up in trains?????:D (come on Fairlies:D)

I'll post some pics of the FR sooner or later. Working on Dduallt and the Tanygrisiau Dam area. (needs alot of work:()

Redline.

May I offer a tip for making Track and Fence lines a little more frame rate friendly.
As you have shown a few screen shots taken in surveyor i can see so many spline points that can be removed without changeing the overall effect.
If you only place fence spline points alongside the track splines on curves (you won't need more in between them) and use the straighten tool on the straight sections of fence it will make the curved sections follow the track curves.
You can apply the same system for your track work as well,to reduce the number of splines required with out changing the overall effect.

Please accept these suggestions not as criticisms but as helpful tips.

Cheers.
NormP.

Redline.

May I offer a tip for making Track and Fence lines a little more frame rate friendly.
As you have shown a few screen shots taken in surveyor i can see so many spline points that can be removed without changeing the overall effect.
If you only place fence spline points alongside the track splines on curves (you won't need more in between them) and use the straighten tool on the straight sections of fence it will make the curved sections follow the track curves.
You can apply the same system for your track work as well,to reduce the number of splines required with out changing the overall effect.

Please accept these suggestions not as criticisms but as helpful tips.

Cheers.
NormP.

Norm- noticed the double post.. :p
lol
anyway, yes there are many spline points, I didnt think that they affected frame rate though:confused: I will change the splines for the fences, but the track has to stay that way if I change it it will look more like a model and less like track that might have been hastily laid in order to complete a route for slate shipping (or for the fact that many welsh lines have somewhat erratic track work, no track is ever perfectly straight;)).

Daniel- I believe that in time Kevin will finish converting his stuff for MSTS to trainz. Somewhere in these forums there is a post from Kevin (search for posts containing the name of the engines) about two engines that he had almost finished for release, Lilla and Vale of Ffestiniog. I know that he was also converting other things for trainz, that were not necessarily for Ffestiniog and Talyllyn (although I await the day when Sir Haydn and Edward Thomas come out :D). I too would like more of the farlies for trainz, but while you wait you could re-skin Merridn Emrys into David Lloyd George or any of the other ones except Earl of Merioneth, but as-per Kevin's requests they would be for your own personal use with no screenshots. Wait patiently and I'm sure that Kevin will produce more of his fantastic creations for our "little" world ;). Keep up the hard, and great, work on the Ffestiniog :D

Cheers!
Jeremy

*snip* I too would like more of the farlies for trainz, but while you wait you could re-skin Merridn Emrys into David Lloyd George or any of the other ones except Earl of Merioneth,*snip*

Cheers!
Jeremy

You could also have the Earl of Merioneth....seeing as it's losing its 'squareness' this year...the new tanks are already made.

Cheers

Chris

why is the FR changing it anyway? It couldnt be a big huge reason could it?:confused:

On the bright side :p I just bought a Wrightlines 0-4-2 Kerr Stuart "Tattoo" class (Corris No.4 or No.7, with some mods, or TR No.4 Edward Thomas) for £131.80 so thats $263.12 or something close. I'm very excited since I cant have it in trainz yet, i'll have it for real !!:D

Back