Narrow gauge screenshots

To deal with the questions raised.

The Simplex is NG with rotating wheels and smoke and driver. As mentioned in the thread on meshes, it is kevmt's SG Simplex interior mesh (with a new skin that he has kindly done for me) attached to a skeleton loco. He has also allowed me to upload it to the DLS, subject to his usual licence/reskinning restrictions, and it is awaiting approval. There is an engine file to go with it which is as realistic as I can get with a top speed of 8mph.

The other loco is another War Department Light Railway petrol tractor from World War 1. It is a McEwan Pratt (Baguley) 10hp tractor designed for the light trench tracks but was a failure, partly because it was too light and feeble and partly because its exhaust glowed in the dark making a perfect target for German gunners. It was relegated for use in depots and forestry sites. It is my first creation that is all my own work. I am still not satisfied with the texturing but will upload it, if wanted, when I get time/inspiration to improve it.

My kipplores came loadable for sand. All I have done is add coal as a load. The Merced ore car has been made loadable for my own use by adding a mesh to the empty version. Adding meshes is a very powerful and underexploited tool for improving rolling stock by adding missing loads, passengers, drivers and cab and outside views. It also needs very little GMax ability to do.

here's an interesting piece of information about the Talyllyn Railway (I will be making a screen shot :D)

apparently after the TR bought Corris No. 3 & 4 they were un-usable for more than maintenance reasons. It seems that Dolgoch (being the only running engine for some time) had bent the tracks to conform to its own preferences, thus making the track very very out of shape for the other engines. How odd is that?:confused:

just thought it was interesting...

The TER Headquarters on the Timber Ridge Line

Screenshot_222-1.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't posted any screenshots for a while so I thought I'd do an update on the progress of my latest venture:

stanrobgrnyb2.jpg

Stanhope replenishes water supplies at Robgood Green whilst Britomart looks on awating duty.

britambti0.jpg

Later that day Britomart arrives at Ambley Lane, the temporary top station.

simpconstog6.jpg

The Simplex delivers more supplies to the tracklaying team at the construction site.

Just to show I'm not dressing things up for the shots, here's one of the middle startion, Fairway Water
fairwayunfinishedkh6.jpg

If you want to know more about the route on which these shots are taken, please visit Benk87 Trainz Works.

Benk87

Last edited:
yay another andventure by benk87:D I've gotten lazy and have made a mini- 2ft route... I'll get around to uploading it soon...

As the sun comes up
newNG3.jpg

The town is already awake and working
newNG.jpg

Sometimes you have to risk your neck for the shot
newNG2.jpg

Cheers David

removed a comment (now seen to, thanks John) and thought I would stick in another shot :)

ng5.jpg

Cheers David

Last edited:
Nice shots John. If you have fraps, use that to take screenshots, (pressing f9 or f10 I think) that will solve the problems with the smoke.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks guys for the comments:

@ pommie - very sorry, it appears I accidently left the compression slider in IrfanView to minimum. No wonder it took so long to upload them! I will try to be more careful next time. I will attempt to resize them as well, I noticed they are a tad large.

@ redline - I am still Welsh Narrowgauging! I have a commitment to logging as well :p

@ Sparky123456 - Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't tried FRAPS.

Cheers,
John

Edit: Converted to links and added warning

Last edited:
I think that teddytoot is referring to the grey diesel in the 3rd screenshot. The small deisel in the second screenshot is called 'FRR Locomotive (2 foot)', KUID 39001:16 . It should be available on the DLS.

benk87

Just a little update on the Talyllyn Railway.

I have the DEM route sitting on my computer, the problem is is that there isn't any sort of reference (apart from the minimap, which has a very nice map of the area, but the bloody thing isn't showing up on the ground) - like the blue lines for rivers, black lines for track, red for roads, etc on the ground, which is making things really difficult for mwah. So the project has been halted.

Cheers,
HBL

Just a little update on the Talyllyn Railway.

I have the DEM route sitting on my computer, the problem is is that there isn't any sort of reference (apart from the minimap, which has a very nice map of the area, but the bloody thing isn't showing up on the ground) - like the blue lines for rivers, black lines for track, red for roads, etc on the ground, which is making things really difficult for mwah. So the project has been halted.

Cheers,
HBL

Have you installed HOG?
Cheers,
John

Benk87

Yes you're right, it is the grey one in the third picture. For some reason when I looked at it first the second picture didn't display hence my error (I think my broadband link is sometimes too fast for the quality of the line, as I regularly get problems with corrupted images or fast downloads). I would nevertheless recommend the Kerr Stuart as it is typical of Kevin's models - excellent.

yes it seems that Kevin has a knack for making incredibly good models, which we love.:D

hbl- hate to hear that about the TR, as suggested: do you have HOG (Hand Of God) installed on your computer yet? That may be the problem

-Jeremy

empty.jpg

It's midday, and the first 'Down' train is soon to arrive. It's busy already, even though the train won't depart for a good hour, after it arrives...

Back