Narrow gauge screenshots

I love the lighting on those shots Norm - very nice!!

Meow, I did some stub switches in TRS 2006, I think (though some fixes might have newer version numbers).
I've been holding off updating them for TANE as I've been hoping N3V will add support for stub switches in the procedural track. That's my story, anyway :)

Curtis

Lighting was set at 8:00 AM - Ambient all dials at 9 o'clock. Sun at what I believe is N3V default blue at about 2 o'clock, green at about 11 o'clock, and red at full. Setting for 12:00 AM is Ambient all dials at 12 o'clock, Sun remains the same.

For you gents that like shays and logging equipment a question:

Has anyone made a class D (4-truck) shay for Trainz?
I did a quickie search and turned up at least 2. Somers Lumber Company and Western Maryland.

What's really odd is I turned up a photo of a (real) a 4-cylinder heisler - CASS #6 (or that's what the caption said).

For those of you who can actually make something like that they might make very interesting projects.

Ben

There is a fictional 30-inch 4-truck Shay but no SG ones that I know of(and both prototypes were SG).
4-cylinder heislers sound awfully suspect - you sure it's not a photoshop job?

I guess we'll never know ... They all went the way of the 0-2-0 sandwich clamp engine ... the ones that you push along the track with your hand, round the Chistmas twee

Nice shots there Norm. They look fantastic and thanks for posting your environmental settings that you used for those shots. That could help a lot of us to be able to match the quality of your shots now in TANE. :)

There is a fictional 30-inch 4-truck Shay but no SG ones that I know of(and both prototypes were SG).
4-cylinder heislers sound awfully suspect - you sure it's not a photoshop job?

I have memories of using an SG shay in TRS 2004. Shale and Commonwealth Oil come to mind. Take a look here

I have memories of using an SG shay in TRS 2004. Shale and Commonwealth Oil come to mind. Take a look here

I'm referring to specifically SG 4-truck shays; there are at least three SG shays in Trainz, but the original question referred to the availability of 4-truck Shays.

Last edited:
Very Impressive Screenshots Normhart with the Northwest Package I was able to get done so far :) :) :)
You can see a HUGE DIFFERENCE from the Built-In versus UltraScenery's Version

Sorry I could not compensate for elevation angle on the Redwoods like other trees cause this would hide the detail textures......

Last edited:
Very Impressive Screenshots Normhart with the Northwest Package I was able to get done so far :) :) :)
You can see a HUGE DIFFERENCE from the Built-In versus UltraScenery's Version

Sorry I could not compensate for elevation angle on the Redwoods like other trees cause this would hide the detail textures......

Thanks McGuirel! Your trees really do rock. I threw in that Auran Giant Redwood 01 just for the comparison. I am slowly going through the trees lowering them to meet the slopes, I don't mind losing the detail on some trees, it adds variation and it isn't that much work. I also have more of the young redwoods to add which will screen some of them. BTW you might want to look at the last two pages I started by replacing the Auran trees that were on the route with a variety of your Douglas Firs, Ponderosas, and others. Then I replaced all of the with your two giant redwoods. Now I am filling with smaller redwoods and replacing all the shrubs with yours. FPS remain acceptable. Best money I've spent so far in third party assets. (well there are some locomotives that are pretty close).

Last edited:
Thanks McGuirel! Your trees really do rock..................Best money I've spent so far in third party assets. (well there are some locomotives that are pretty close).

Wow, what a compliment and so very much appreciated.........
I only do 3D Stationary Content as this is what SpeedTree is meant to do and seems like every time I work in it I find a new setting that allows for better 3D Content :)

Best money I've spent so far in third party assets.

Hopefully that will change when my C&C locos are released. :hehe: Doubt it though, since you're absolutely right. I've only got the trees on the DLS, but they are incredibly useful on any route. I would be absolutely lost without the White Pine and Silver Birch sets...

Some D&RGW action on the White Pass & Yukon Route.

38e187b224f8547899cbe5338ce006a3.jpg

14486844321bf26b036af7d09b2e3825.jpg

d45001e6f2674c8bf6e07bde431932fa.jpg

212e72188088f0ca70f2c03853544647.jpg

59abba12fdc82907d2bf34196dca55d9.jpg

54c8bd06f2c2ba35f2cbe9bb363227ad.jpg

4a3dfbb393880d7dfe2a28625f41b17a.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shots as usual.

Ya know - I've often wondered how the engineers in double or even triple headers like above coordinated their throttle movements. Get a bunch of cowboys at the throttle and it would be worse then a hotrod demolition derby (or your local Interstate at rush hour, lol). Perhaps with small locos they could holler back and forth but I'd think any sort of radio system would be rare on a ng line. Any thoughts gents? Just curious.

Ben

Back