Narrow gauge screenshots

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that it's actually Wine Is Not an Emulator, although that could have been a joke.

That's actually correct.

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OSX, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

When Clear Lake Lumber Co. took over operations in 1903 they inherited three locomotives which were their only motive power until 1907

#1 Steam Dummy (bdaneal) was a least third hand and had seen hard service but remained in service until her replacement by Shay #1 (earlier screenies prowler901) in 1910
#2 Climax (narrowgauge) had been in operation from 1900 and remained in service with Clear Lake until 1916 when she was replaced by the first three truck Shay Clear Lake acquired. (earlier screenies slugsmasher)
#3 Climax (narrowgauge) was bought new in 1902, just before Clear Lake took over and remained in service until 1929 when the company closed.

I'm looking forward to operating on slugsmasher's ClearLake v2 with such a limited locomotive selection. :D

#1 eases some long logs down past Camp 1

Last edited:
Here's a couple of shots of the Barefoot & Southern local coming from the coal mines of Black Rock.

dcf03380c2c93f40366f83a553e000c4.jpg

23f766d80a8acffa5252b6aa3ba1cc0e.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Beautiful Route Dusten!

And thanks to tdstead for pointing out I was missing a Heisler.

At least I think he meant the G&D #6 by teddytoot.

Edit: Oops can't be that one she's a SG locomotive. Hum...

Last edited:
Thanks Oh bear of little brain but as you can see above I have Dirk Mewes' D. H. Lumber Company #3 and david111767's repainted West Side Lumber #2. tdstead said something about a TS12 Heisler, I suppose I could ask him but where's the fun in that.

BTW wasn't the G&D a narrow gauge line? Least wise I've a narrow gauge G&D boxcar.

:hehe:

Linda

We were starry eyed and full of love for Trainz. I fear that feeling is long gone. Pity! At least we can still claim that our route was and still is the only narrow gauge route to be included in any Trainz release.

Peter

Linda

We were starry eyed and full of love for Trainz. I fear that feeling is long gone. Pity! At least we can still claim that our route was and still is the only narrow gauge route to be included in any Trainz release.

Peter

Still a great route too, I still use the Northbay assets as my go-to for sawmills and logging camps. Every so often I'll run a session on it, and it really is a well-laid route.

Hi Onestone :wave:Greetings from Indonesian , Where i can get that Steam Locomotive ? Thank's Before :D
Hi @ASM1995
It is the U 46-901 and 902 .There are various links. Please try themselves, which leads to the desired locomotive. I have the locomotive for a long time and the origin of the link is no longer accessible. But there seem to be other sources. Hopefully that works for you. Greetings from Hamburg / Germany to Semarang / Java !!

Last edited:
Normhart, is your North Bay in TS12 or TANE? I have not tried moving it to TANE but the thought is in the back of my mind.

Normhart, is your North Bay in TS12 or TANE? I have not tried moving it to TANE but the thought is in the back of my mind.

That is TANE 80349. Porting it to TANE wasn't too bad, I ported both the TS12 one by narrowgauge and the TS12 one by mcummins as well as the TS10 version by narrowgauge (EDIT: by ported I actually mean that I downloaded the routes and sessions from the DLS and they were fine other than some missing/faulty assets). Other than verifying that the TS10 one showed up OK I have not looked at it closely. Of the two TS12 ones mcummins' seemed to have the fewest missing and/or faulty assets so I've been working on a clone of that. I've gotten two of the original sessions into TANE one by mcummins and one by narrowgauge picked mostly due to missing, missplaced, or faulty content again. I finally had to go to a dry sort yard from slugsmasher's website since for some reason I had issues with both of the ones in the routes. I'm still working on the remaining original sessions.

As with most imported routes many assets seem to be floating a couple of feet in the air.

So far about half the locomotives do not have sound, I'm still looking into that.

Last edited:
Back