Narrow gauge screenshots

Nature is this Remote part of the world, never looked better,,,,,Bravo Sir Dan

Ah Sir Dan Gavel,

Your Sky scene has such vivid Color, love it, and ground, rustic, dry, one wonders? What or who could live in this type of foreboding Desert, that probably spring Deadly Lizards, Scorpions, Mojave Green Rattlers, beware how and where you walk......And Water, better have plenty of it, or know where to find it in this pristine but desolate area............

Bridgework looks spot on.........:D

Keep up the good work, it looks so surreal Sir Dan.............:p

Take care ole friend, I visit back soon!

Mining Company equipment on the D&RG heading out of Durango bound for transfer at Silverton to the Silverton Railroad.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And then to Red Mountain and beyond.

00%20Red%20Mtn%20District%20Map.jpg

:D

Interesting that there was a mining town named Chattanooga at one time Colorado. I wonder if any remains still exist. Then again, I've got a cousin who lives in Denver. It's worth mentioning that Lookout Mountain rises over downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Interesting that there was a mining town named Chattanooga at one time Colorado. I wonder if any remains still exist. Then again, I've got a cousin who lives in Denver. It's worth mentioning that Lookout Mountain rises over downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee.

There were a lot of Rebs in the old west. :D

This is what the Silverton Railroad looked like going by Yankee Girl Mine near Guston in 1890

Note the locomotive and cars on the right :D

Re: Chattanooga https://www.legendsofamerica.com/chattanooga-colorado/

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great to model the "grit" seen in these old photos. Trainz makes everything so colorful and pretty. We need some "grunge" assets and textures.

Great screen shots there Norm and thanks for posting the cool map. So much to model in trainz..... one could be involved forever.

Randall

Wouldn't it be great to model the "grit" seen in these old photos. Trainz makes everything so colorful and pretty. We need some "grunge" assets and textures.

Great screen shots there Norm and thanks for posting the cool map. So much to model in trainz..... one could be involved forever.

Randall

my thoughts exactly , looking back at construction images from Rollins pass ,there was a huge swath of uprooted trees brush, branches, broken trunks and rocks everywhere, time obviously healed the scars but they would have persisted for years. I've been trying to make my routes as untidy and dirty and as possible but there a shortage of items that enable that. for instance -old vertical rails, the uintah used to pile drive them in around trestle foundations, but there aren't any in existence that i can find. I must upload all the loose rock textures I've made as they help to littler up the ground around tracks, but more clutter and dirt covered items would give that gritty feel that's missing in many routes. The Russian modellers seem to have the right idea a lot of their stuff looks on its last legs, peeling paint and dirt everywhere. :)

D&RG #451 delivers new rolling stock from back east to RGS' Durango paint shop. (Durango, CO 1895)

Last edited:
D&RG #3 rolls a new caboose into the RGS paint shop to be painted for Silverton Railroad Company's only caboose, also to be a #3.

Lyd1 going on with some cargo:

RzurxZW.jpg

T3jpInh.jpg

O4TSvZm.jpg

Chugging along at a steady 20 km/h.

8FrdivE.jpg

MBd1 motor coach entirely empty, probably because of the plague situation.

u2aYKpf.jpg

Meetup at the station, quarter past 4 PM.

Last edited:
Dear Ardaeshir
this map looks beautiful to me.
Is this your creation?
Is this a fantasy route or real?
Is it available anywhere?

I am only a bit confused, because of the buffers of the diesel engine.
It looks like a 785mm version from Silesia?
Is this your (new?) creation?
Do you plan a version with central buffer coupling?

Snoopy kind regards from Central Franconia.

Dear Ardaeshir
this map looks beautiful to me.
Is this your creation?
Is this a fantasy route or real?
Is it available anywhere?

I am only a bit confused, because of the buffers of the diesel engine.
It looks like a 785mm version from Silesia?
Is this your (new?) creation?
Do you plan a version with central buffer coupling?

Snoopy kind regards from Central Franconia.

The map is a fictional map called "Polskie Koleje Wąskotorowe" (literally: "Polish narrow gauge line"). It was designed by Jamal. It can be downloaded at http://www.trainz.pl/

According to the original creator it was inspired by narrow-gauge railroads from central and northwestern parts of Poland, mostly by this one:
http://www.koleje.wask.pl/kolejGaleria.php?id=grfkd

What you see in the screenshots is my very limited facelift of that map (mostly seasonal textures, exchanged trees and foliage for more modern and detailed ones from the DLS).

The engines and rolling stock I'm running on it is a mix&match of various narrow gauge models available across the Polish internet, you were correct to spot the one from Silesia. The user robercik101 is the one making those and his are the most updated and recent Polish NG models available as far as I know. I am in no way aiming for realism with my choice of stock or line, rather I'm just running the trains as a sort of "cheer-myself-up" project during the time of the plague.

LAlrrQZ.jpg

A very nice , highly useful addition, Paul Gorski has created a tunnel portal for NG, seen here on the Timber Ridge line. it should be possible to change the textures to suit terrain.

I was always asking myself what gradient might have been in that area. Built that railway a few times on different down-scaled maps, and always the result was over 4 percent (especially down from that Corkscrew turntable -between switchback and Red Mountain Creek - and between Silverton and Chattanooga). I always preferred to replace that switchback with a two trestles loop over Corkscrew Gulch (RGS Ophir Loop style).

Mining Company equipment on the D&RG heading out of Durango bound for transfer at Silverton to the Silverton Railroad.

And then to Red Mountain and beyond.

00%20Red%20Mtn%20District%20Map.jpg

Last edited:
x3It0Zq.jpg

Its late spring and we are off to bring some goods to the regular railhead.

kXYh8XU.jpg

O4605tX.jpg

Going right to the edge of people's property - something you rarely see outside the narrow rails.

riP0iq7.jpg

We would stop here if this was a passenger train.

vpqSQyN.jpg

i9n1EP2.jpg

x7CdvCC.jpg

And we made it, both gauges meet here and an ST44 is waiting in the distance.

Time for some steam

0qdDANx.jpg

Px48, a steam engine from the 50s, though based on a similar design from 1929 (that pesky ww2 got in the way of progress).

7C8XaZ6.jpg

VJm6sUY.jpg

xRfqChR.jpg

Some minor rain at the end./ Well, April showers bring May flowers as they say...

Last edited:
Back