Narrow gauge screenshots

Thanks Phil!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Mobil yard crane, just what I needed. :D

Edit: shown above mounted on Phil's NG30 depressed center flat and shown below mounted on a couple of older era SG flats.

Edit again: Ready for work at the Ashippun Transfer docks. 36ng and 30ng

Last edited:
Hi Phil great just what I wanted too... Not sure why it is Misc and not Commodity but did find it in the end and works ok.

Thanks
Tom

Hello from France,

Great job Dangavel, and thank you for all the good work on cliffs... Much appreciate..

Friendly, Marc

Hello from France,

Great job Dangavel, and thank you for all the good work on cliffs... Much appreciate..

Friendly, Marc

Cheers there will be a few more to come later on as i finish them off.
I have been looking for a vintage ng scale to use on the Uintah,I can't find anything that is suitable as they are all too modern, can anyone think of one that will work with TANE ? Ben Dorsey had begun making me a set but of course now that is not going to happen :-(

:wave: Evening Dan and others, great looking shots and Rolling Stock, I found the Crane for heavy duty NG Car, that will be a nice addition........:cool:

Progress on the Uintah .
at Rainbow, now gilsonite trenches are blended , added a new siding which was there in the early days -- although not prototypical for late 20's /30s ,it gives some more possibilities regarding shunting ( it was not fun to create as digholes made it very hard to insert into the terrain ), then added safety fences and got the buildings placed correctly

WkjHVf3.jpg

ihPP5Vj.jpg

climbing the grade outside of rainbow

l4e7twL.jpg

reverse angle shot of the same scene . there would be a lot more grass added here but there's a dearth of single grasses that look good which are the right color and which sit well on severe slopes , most are too wide and stick up over the slope, dropping them all down to ground level is a pain :-( if anyone can give any suggestions as to good, narrow , single , dull green grasses I'd much appreciate it as i do not want to use splines .
TtHxDUn.jpg

view of the now worked out Tennessee claim on the left, there used to be a large Gilsonite loader here, , I may see if Paul will make another loader for inclusion for if anyone wanted to make an earlier version of the route.

I've spent a very long time disguising the edges of the trenches with piles of earth and rocks, after reconstructing all the trenches using dig holes. Yesterday I put about 12 piles in place and when I opened up again after saving, , most of them were floating in mid air !!!!!!!

Cripes, I hate digholes :)

gtWvcLr.jpg

rainbow sidings and company houses
yozuLMg.jpg

Leaving Rainbow, I've been making all this far more prototypical this week ,really looked closely at the old photos and used google earth pro for terrain details, so now this is pretty close to what it was in 1929, I will probably move back over to the Pigeon toe /Collorow spur and update all the mines over there after I've worked on this area a bit more intensively. Sorry to clog up this thread but it makes me more motivated to work on the route if I share what I've been doing with others.

Last edited:
yDrOfSi.jpg

It is winter, so tourist steam rides are not taking place and the sugarbeet season is of course over. The main cargo at this time of year is of course coal.

yDrOfSi.jpg

It is winter, so tourist steam rides are not taking place and the sugarbeet season is of course over. The main cargo at this time of year is of course coal.

Ah, flat fields and sugarbeet, reminds me of the East Anglian fens where i used to live . very nice atmospheric shot !

Is this version of D&S route in TS19 available or is it just for show? Really nice photographs.;)
Thanks, the route is available through the web DLS, search DurangoToSilverton TANE. It requires a repair before use, from memory it was a thumbnail container fault that even I could fix. It's also on the list of things the Content Repair Group are fixing at some stage. All I have done in TRS19 is to bulk replace some of the textures for PBR ones, trying to leave textures near the track as standard ones so as not to deform the track bed. Those changes took 15 minutes and I haven't even touched a tree yet. For the locos and rolling stock, search author Togog in CM DLS. The latest YVRR is very good too but took a bit more to get to TRS19 HD standard, but it's standard gauge.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Thanks, the route is available through the web DLS, search DurangoToSilverton TANE. It requires a repair before use, from memory it was a thumbnail container fault that even I could fix. It's also on the list of things the Content Repair Group are fixing at some stage. All I have done in TRS19 is to bulk replace some of the textures for PBR ones, trying to leave textures near the track as standard ones so as not to deform the track bed. Those changes took 15 minutes and I haven't even touched a tree yet. For the locos and rolling stock, search author Togog in CM DLS. The latest YVRR is very good too but took a bit more to get to TRS19 HD standard, but it's standard gauge.
cheers
Graeme
Looks very impressive in 2019, its a big improvement over earlier versions of this route.

i dont think I've featured this part of the Uintah before. Used Ben Dorseys Barlow Colorow mine loader and hoists , Pencils cliff series , Colorado71's trees and Paul Gorsky's mine spline
fUSVe3t.jpg

For the record, in case someone else is thinking of doing it, I have the two Uintah railcars under construction.

What would the colours have been?

Peter

For the record, in case someone else is thinking of doing it, I have the two Uintah railcars under construction.

What would the colours have been?

Peter

Its hard to say , originally the engines were green, then later on grey , here's a pic of the recently restored car 50 to give you an idea, I'd make the railcars green as the carriages were that color, but you could also download one of ben dorseys URY cars from

the dls and use that color as this is more khaki than the color he used.
9iTAKwa.jpg

I'm waiting for a new SSD to arrive as TANE has taken up well over half of my 500gb ssd and I want to install 2019 and see what the route looks like in it, I need at least 1gb for two installs to exist at the same time.
if 2019 does work out, I wont be able to take advantage of the turf aspects as i have a mac, and no nvidia card. but I'll be interested to see if it improves the realism of the other sorts of scenery with me using a lot of older assets designed for 2012 or earlier.
DN2GETX.jpg

Back