Narrow gauge screenshots

For a change i'm not working just on vegetation. Carbonera on the Uintah Railway.
MwMYLUt.jpg
the depot.
xRse8MM.jpg

BEju1DW.jpg

EBT 18 masquerading as ole number 40 .
GcfqA4d.jpg

Carbonera tipple and mine

Saxonian 750mm narrow gauge Pressnitztalbahn (Pressnitz Valley Railway) from Wolkenstein to Jöhstadt.
Original TS2010 map by Rastino, updated in TANEsp4.

Train waiting at Jöhstadt
Pressnitztalbahn---Train-waiting-at-J%C3%B6hstadt.jpg

Train departing from Jöhstadt
Pressnitztalbahn---Leaving-J%C3%B6hstadt.jpg

In the forest
Pressnitztalbahn---In-the-forest.jpg

Train arriving at Steinbach
Pressnitztalbahn---Arriving-at-Steinbach.jpg

Somewhere after leaving Steinbach
Pressnitztalbahn---Somewhere-after-leaving-Steinbach.jpg

At the dual gauge section
Pressnitztalbahn---At-the-dual-gauge-section.jpg

End of dual gauge section at Wolkenstein
Pressnitztalbahn---End-of-dual-gauge-section.jpg

Train arriving at Wolkenstein
Pressnitztalbah---Arriving-at-Wolkenstein.jpg

Peter

My next project, a wip - heading to the Old West....will be a narrow gauge railroad (36 inch) with some 18 inch mine car tracks in a smaller model railroad format.... heres some very early screenshots..

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers
Walter

Last edited:
Yeah haven't been able to find any steamers that are appropraite , any suggestions ?

Bielefeld tenderlok 750mm
Im using the DEV2 Green coach and PW1 van that are on DLS

Also
franceseca tenderlok 750mm
OBB 298.56
OGLB UV1

Such a Pretty little route

Hope this help and should give you a start

Tom

Last edited:
My next project, a wip - heading to the Old West....will be a narrow gauge railroad (36 inch) with some 18 inch mine car tracks in a smaller model railroad format.... heres some very early screenshots..

Cheers
Walter

looks very promising, keep up the good work !

I have video from a young guy riding through this canyon on his xr 400, which although its a head cam shot, and its been edited, a lot can be seen, so it gives me an idea of the rock formations and vegetation, its been invaluable.
Shay number 7 near Atchee
WIP shots.
CFwphmw.jpg

dyDW7ul.jpg

tI6Xv2g.jpg

Dangravel that looks like tough country to build a railroad through lucky its NG Great work

Tom

Its tough country to model as well , all those side canyons and towering cliffs. It seems to take forever to do just one side canyon as vegetation doesnt sit will on the uneven ground and nearly all of it has to be sunk under the ground a bit or it looks like its floating -as you can see on the left in that last image. !
Wait till you see Baxter pass with the 7.5% grades, uts almost impossible to believe they ran a route up that pass as the rock is unstable and the curves are ridiculously tight. The actual grades in the canyon here near Atchee are not that steep, and the bulk of the traffic was down grade, empty glisonite flatcars and watercars went up the pass from Mack , the only substantial load upgrade was coal from Carbonera and stores and railway equipment from Denver transhipped at Mack. Coming downgrade, sheep, cattle ,timber ,gilsonite ,wool and water were the main items , alth the other side of the pass also had 5% grades. the plan was to build a tunnel under Baxter pass to eliminate the bottleneck and then standard gauge the entire line ,they even replaced any old ties with standard gauge items in the late part of the decade before the war, but a recession in the early 1920s scotched that idea and then with the depression and with local gilsonite stocks this side of the white river declining they closed it down in 1939. I might work a bit more on Baxter pass next week and try those escarpment splines on the cliffs as i wasn't very happy with what i achieved before using lower cliff splines.

Last edited:
Your work is really admirable and your patience too
icon_sombrero.gif

Regards, Javier

Pd.- I have not yet found a solution to the bushes but I am not forgetting it.

Thanks for all the great information, all I can say is good luck

Tom

Its tough country to model as well , all those side canyons and towering cliffs. It seems to take forever to do just one side canyon as vegetation doesnt sit will on the uneven ground and nearly all of it has to be sunk under the ground a bit or it looks like its floating -as you can see on the left in that last image. !
Wait till you see Baxter pass with the 7.5% grades, uts almost impossible to believe they ran a route up that pass as the rock is unstable and the curves are ridiculously tight. The actual grades in the canyon here near Atchee are not that steep, and the bulk of the traffic was down grade, empty glisonite flatcars and watercars went up the pass from Mack , the only substantial load upgrade was coal from Carbonera and stores and railway equipment from Denver transhipped at Mack. Coming downgrade, sheep, cattle ,timber ,gilsonite ,wool and water were the main items , alth the other side of the pass also had 5% grades. the plan was to build a tunnel under Baxter pass to eliminate the bottleneck and then standard gauge the entire line ,they even replaced any old ties with standard gauge items in the late part of the decade before the war, but a recession in the early 1920s scotched that idea and then with the depression and with local gilsonite stocks this side of the white river declining they closed it down in 1939. I might work a bit more on Baxter pass next week and try those escarpment splines on the cliffs as i wasn't very happy with what i achieved before using lower cliff splines.

Added Textures and some buildings to the DSP&P R.R at Deansbury & Platt River in Canyon only first pass needs trees, scrub, dry grass and other items

DSP%26P-R.R.-Deanbury.jpg

Back