Narrow gauge screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

36ng Tall Timber RR,<kuid2:242091:100108:2> by Col_Klink
Tall Timbers RR,<kuid:66545:2129742503> By big_boy4000up (30ng I think)

I've fooled with these since TS12 and did not keep the original routes by the time I got to TANE so I'm not sure which one I developed.

I don't think they are on the DLS

Edit: OK I went back to 49922 and checked. The screenshots were taken from col_klink's 36ng Tall Timber RR with modification to 30ng and some asset changes.

Last edited:
A few new Uintah shots to show what I've been doing , more on the Uintah page.
w6X1I4i.jpg

spur to Cowboy near Bonanza with work train .
r54GmlB.jpg

LhvP8qA.jpg
Canyon near Atchee . a work in progress.
3GUWW3A.jpg

the dump behind the general store at Atchee.
yF4kSRm.jpg

no 30 hauling gilsonite from Cowboy West mine

Another Uintah shot o, new purchase ex Orgeon and Nevada no 14 en route to Bonanza and points south just after leaving Cowboy West mine.
rEXqXld.jpg

No doubt about it Dan, that is going to be one of the all time classics of the trainz world!

Thanks, its getting there, now there are only a few stretches where there's a lot of work to be done, the 6 mile stretch between watson and white river is problematic as I have no good photos of the canyon and I hate guessing what should be there.Google earth is helpful, but it only goes so far , colors and rock patterns don't translate all that well unless there's a street view and not a lot of the Uintah route has a street view, ( although amazingly there's some murky street footage near Bonanza !.

Lets hope i can finish it, putting in all that vegetation is doing my right arm in, i'm going to get a vertical mouse and hope that will help with the discomfort, at the moment, I cant spend more then an hour or two of intense work at a time and that's very frustrating when i feel like doing more. .
Anyway, there is a backup copy of the route out there with Paul Gorsky so if I do fall off this mortal coil all is not lost.:)

It is all narrowgauge's fault!

I'd completely forgotten this project of mine, updating srrl20final <KUID:64598:100351> by woodbrdge. When last I worked on it rmm's speedtrees weren't available, now I know a lot more about adding large swaths of forest and bulk asset replacement. I'll have to replace that asphalt with some macadam...

Last edited:
I don't mind being blamed for it.

Just a thought from the past. Originally, Trainz had no provision for narrow gauge, standard gauge was all you got. We were promised narrow gauge in a version/update which never appeared, but that didn't matter, a user called 'raptor10' (I think it was 10) emailed me and explained how the track dimensions could be altered to give any gauge. Naturally, I could not keep this to myself, I posted his email on the forum and that was when Trainz narrow gauge started. Back then, a large proportion of active Trainzers were narrow gauge minded and raptor's find was a godsend.

Those were wonderful days of discovery. I think Auran did not expect this, it took them a long time to accept narrow gauge, Northbay was the first official recognition of it.

Peter

Northbay was the reason I bought TRS2006. I had been having fun playing 2004 completely oblivious to the existence of the forums and 3rd party content. But when I found 2006 in the local game-stop and the back of the box had narrow gauge, I bought it then and there.
Not to derail the thread, have some narrow gauge steam.
The first piece of add on content I got and probably still my favorite locomotive in the game
uQXy9Y2.jpg

d1mXLeN.jpg

DlBuhws.jpg
DlBuhws

d1mXLeN

Back