Narrow gauge screenshots

Some images from 'Dearnby and District,' now on the DLS:

pwiXakU.jpg
[/IMG]

fan-tastic !

I don't know. I remember though that I hadn't even gone there for the game, was looking for some stereo headphones. I didn't know narrow gauge was possible with Trainz because I had never been on the forums or the DLS and never tried looking for add on content at the time.

Excellent screenshots Normhart. Love that little saddle tank with the cut down cab for a restricted loading gauge.

The NG consist was put together after several useful suggestions from edh6. My first attempt at an NG tourist train was not right at all! When making a session for D&D, it does help to have the knowledge and advice of those who know a lot about various aspects, such as NG workings and history.

The consists that go between the portals have been put together with some attempt to keep them in-period and in-region - lots of ex-GWR locos for example. But I'm no expert on the history of BR so any further advice about rolling stock that's inappropriate (and names of alternatives) would be gratefully received. I've assumed that, following the amalgamation into BR from the big 4, many locos and rolling stock from other regions would migrate to, or pass through, a former GWR region like Dearnby.......?

Neville is busy doing a V2 of the route that's largely going to be an improvement of the NG line, following advice and comments from various NGers. Currently I'm looking at what NG signalling gubbins might be appropriate. I will be asking Chrisaw for advice but any other NGers should feel able (nay, obliged!) to offer advice. :)

Lataxe

….Neville is busy doing a V2 of the route that's largely going to be an improvement of the NG line, following advice and comments from various NGers. Currently I'm looking at what NG signalling gubbins might be appropriate. I will be asking Chrisaw for advice but any other NGers should feel able (nay, obliged!) to offer advice. :)

Lataxe

I'm no expert but as the NG line is single track with passing loops then staff and ticket operation would be used, so signals are really unnecessary. However you might need to add invisible ones to expediate AI working.

I'm no expert on NG operations but I will throw in my tuppence anyway. ;)

It is apparent from what Neville has done already that the NG railroad is not merely a tourist railroad. Given the number of (proto)industries that the line seems to serve it would appear to be functional railroad that has some passenger demand as well as tourist ops. It would be nice if the wooden passenger platforms along the NG route could be made interactive, possibly using some invisible platform. While there is a wye at Dearne On Sea there is no turn around capability at Dearnby, nor is there an obvious main passenger stop in or around Dearnby other than the Dearnby Basin stop. I don't remember if it was I or Neville made a version of the route where there was a circle that extended from the farm on the western side of Dearnby and ran on surface streets over the bridge and through Dearnby and, passing through the town gate, joined the line at the North Works but something is needed IMO, perhaps a turntable.

There are a least two places where the NG line has spurs near or at canal docks and, as Nawlins demonstrated with his <kuid:117948:100273> Middleton with canal route, it is quite possible to have rail cars directly interact with canal boats.

It would be lovely if all the NG industries could be made interactive. Certainly Dearnby Mills, Dearnby Mills South Works, Dearnby Ales, Taylor's Yard (canal), Curzon LTD, Casterford Basin (canal?), Casterford Siding, F&C Quay (canal), F&C Works, Ullsmere Airfield, and DOS Steel should be considered although there are many more. :D

Ah, the possibilities! :hehe:

Delivering gunpowder to DOS Steel

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no expert on NG operations but I will throw in my tuppence anyway. ;)

It is apparent from what Neville has done already that the NG railroad is not merely a tourist railroad. Given the number of (proto)industries that the line seems to serve it would appear to be functional railroad that has some passenger demand as well as tourist ops. It would be nice if the wooden passenger platforms along the NG route could be made interactive, possibly using some invisible platform. While there is a wye at Dearne On Sea there is no turn around capability at Dearnby, nor is there an obvious main passenger stop in or around Dearnby other than the Dearnby Basin stop. I don't remember if it was I or Neville made a version of the route where there was a circle that extended from the farm on the western side of Dearnby and ran on surface streets over the bridge and through Dearnby and, passing through the town gate, joined the line at the North Works but something is needed IMO, perhaps a turntable.

There are a least two places where the NG line has spurs near or at canal docks and, as Nawlins demonstrated with his <kuid:117948:100273> Middleton with canal route, it is quite possible to have rail cars directly interact with canal boats.

It would be lovely if all the NG industries could be made interactive. Certainly Dearnby Mills, Dearnby Mills South Works, Dearnby Ales, Taylor's Yard (canal), Curzon LTD, Casterford Basin (canal?), Casterford Siding, F&C Quay (canal), F&C Works, Ullsmere Airfield, and DOS Steel should be considered although there are many more. :D

Ah, the possibilities! :hehe:

Invisible NG Platforms? I had permission from Andi 06 to do just that, didn't work terribly well on the gradients on the FR / WHR so I never released them, I think I still have them somewhere!

Found them but they need updating and checking they still work as for build 3.3. I did 25m 50m and 100m length narrow platforms with the attachment points and height modified to fit.

Invisible NG Platforms? I had permission from Andi 06 to do just that, didn't work terribly well on the gradients on the FR / WHR so I never released them, I think I still have them somewhere!

Found them but they need updating and checking they still work as for build 3.3. I did 25m 50m and 100m length narrow platforms with the attachment points and height modified to fit.

That is excessively cool! I'm not sure but I think Neville's platforms are quite short, but they are splines so height and length should be adjustable.

normhart - The route with the full narrow gauge loop was 'Dearnby in Midwinter.' If this was a useful feature I may add it into Dearnby and District version 2. You're also right about the nature of the NG route. I saw it as the remains of a local NG line serving various local industries which had survived to 1960ish but which was struggling. Passenger traffic would be mainly workers travelling to and from the various workplaces but there could have been a limited amount of tourist traffic. No doubt a few years later the commercial side would have dwindled away and there would have been an attempt to turn into a fully tourist route...... We're hoping to make several improvements to the NG in 'Dearnby and District' for version 2.
malc - thanks.

Is it not possible to make them rollable? Paulzmay has made rollable traffic stoppers which are likewise fixed track objects.

Is it not possible to make them rollable? Paulzmay has made rollable traffic stoppers which are likewise fixed track objects.

Hallo,

die Strecke "Aubachtalbahn" wurde für TANE Gebaut. Im neuen Eisenbahn-Simulator 2019 (TRS 2019) habe ich installiert und getestet. Die neuen Effekte im TSR2019 machen diese Strecken noch lebhafter und noch realistischer zum Beispiel mit leichtem Nebel am Morgen - einfach klasse.
1f44d.png
Ge
Sie gehört jetzt zu meinen Lieblingsstücken im TSR 2019 Vorabversion.

Meine Screenshots sind hier zu finden https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/

Last edited:
Back