Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 3,016 to 3,027 of 3027

Thread: Narrow gauge screenshots

Blog Entries

<kuid:177548:10003> ABT Rack Track by Barn700 on the DLS
    Thanks Norm I'll have to look at the rack track by Barn. It doesn't look like the old version he had on his web site at one time. I decided not to use that. I re-tracked the route with some PT 3'ng I'm working on for the EBT. I had to add a pusher on the rear just to get a typical load of empties the EBT hauled with one 2-8-2 on it's 2.6% and when I stalled on the hill - try restarting 2 steam locos in cab mode on a 6% grade - you need both locos operating at near full output to do it. The 42" equipment doesn't look too bad on it and I didn't see any need to stare at the bogeys. With the rack track available I'll be going back to the 42" gauge.

I've made a couple of especs for Peter's new loco. For the tourist WCWR the Abt 0-4-0's were rebuilt to the original specifications - new boilers and major overhaul to the cylinders and other parts. The main difference from my perspective is they were converted to fuel oil and then to diesel oil for firing the boiler. The working load performance also had to meet those of the original locomotives, i.e. 110 tons under adhesion, 60 tons on the 1:16 rack section and 75 tons on the 1:20 rack section.

The new especs I made meet the original perfomance spec pulling 60t up the 6% grade in cab mode but the 4 tourist cars don't provide much of a load. So it's a challenge to hold the speed down with the new consist Peter made for it. I didn't even have to resort to anything special on the rack section. With 60t in tow I have to disable wheelslip to simulate the cog traction mode to make it an easier drive. Vern has a short section near the top that's over 7%.

The Mt Lyell Mining & Railway Co also operated 2 Baldwin 0-6-0's on this route when it was an operating railroad hauling copper from the Queenstown smelters. These where not fitted with the Abt cog drive system and I believe they used one on each end on the 1 in 16 grade rack section where they were limited to 35t in dry weather and less in wet.

Bob Pearson
    Last edited by RPearson; August 13th, 2019 at 04:42 PM.

TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TS19
    Member since 6-14-2002

I've asked this question elsewhere and not received a reply , so I expect the answer is in the negative, but has anyone any knowledge of the existence of an asset of railway worker holding a token to pass to the driver on a single line route? If one doesn't exist I am surprised , but then there's a dearth of railway worker models that are suitable for earlier eras , I'm fed up with all theses hi vis modern examples , I'm looking for something from the 1930s, preferably US costume.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Here is a shot of my Train
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Guys

All the locos and stock are very much WIP's at the moment, my target has been to create models that could/would run on Vern's route and their drawbar load, weight and power was not a factor I considered. I will quite happily modify the configs if given the desired changes.

I must confess, I have always treated Trainz as an oversized model railway with simple speed control and no power limit or weight. I only add a weight value because it is required. However I quite understand the desire for greater performance accuracy and will do what I can to go the extra mile if given the requirements, or plug in a modified config.txt.

A challenge for you, Bob. The diesels have a 4 speed gear box, can you accommodate that? That means that I would to include some form of driver instrumentation and control and honestly, I'm not sure about that. Please assume an automatic gearbox which should be possible to code. Do you have the necessary details?

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    I've asked this question elsewhere and not received a reply , so I expect the answer is in the negative, but has anyone any knowledge of the existence of an asset of railway worker holding a token to pass to the driver on a single line route? If one doesn't exist I am surprised , but then there's a dearth of railway worker models that are suitable for earlier eras , I'm fed up with all theses hi vis modern examples , I'm looking for something from the 1930s, preferably US costume.
    I'm told that the LMS Potteries Loop Line payware has a fully operational token system. I have not been willing to spend the money to find out how it works since I'm on a limited income.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Loop-Line-(UK)
    Dear Missouri,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    I'm told that the LMS Potteries Loop Line payware has a fully operational token system. I have not been willing to spend the money to find out how it works since I'm on a limited income.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Loop-Line-(UK)
    it looks good, but it's about $45 oz which is a lot to see if the token system could be used and since its payware I would not be able to include it in a freeware route anyway. It's one to remember tho and thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by dangavel; August 13th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

What about what was used for the TGR Fingal Branch? Electric token and wooden staffs with Train Orders

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    Last edited by tdstead; August 13th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    What about what was used for the TGR Fingal Branch? Electric token and wooden staffs with Train Orders

Tom
    Cheers Tom, unfortunately its the wrong sort of staff, the Uintah used the hoop sort of token . However thanks for drawing my attention to this route, I must investigate the Fingal line, it looks like fun !

Some screenshots of the 600mm and 375mm lines from the Dearnby & District v2.0 'Trainspotter Session', now on the DLS:

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Member of tcww

Ok Just a Bit of fun for myself mostly ... a Fell Version of the line Very hard Centre rail as another Rail had to lay next to original straighten section that needed it and shift move to correct position ... found in my backup disks from the old New Zealand Trainz Site , H class loco had to change the engine spec to the NZR F class loco, Rail from same site and have a few other items as well.

From Wikipedia
    There was 6 of these NZR H Class Fell locos built by Avonside Engine co. in 1875 and Neilson & Co in 1886 that worked the Rimutaka Incline they needed to change the brake shoes that gripped the centre rail after each trip

Top speed 15mph (24KPH) but never run over 6.4 - 9.7KPH on accending the incline 10MPH (16KPH)
    199, 201-4 2/56 dismantled line 3/56 towed to Silverstream yard and scrapped except 199 that was later donated to town of Featherston after being stored for 3 years at Hutt Workshops , 200 out of service earlier due to boiler problems

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; August 15th, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

A reskin I've just done on clam1952/bdaneal's 24 DHR Garratt

Last edited by euromodeller; August 16th, 2019 at 02:01 AM.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

Tokens on the Clearlake Lumber Co. Ry.

#12 receives the token for the lower track section.

#12 approaches the top of the lower section and the station master receives the middle lower section token from #3.

#12 exchanges the lower section token for the middle lower section token

#12 proceeds to the next section.

#3 receives the lower section token.

Thanks again Ray!
    Dear Missouri,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.