Narrow gauge screenshots

normhart all looks great, your doing well digging through those old backups to find this great stuff.

Tom

:D

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

jvAFVkO.jpg

Here's a new section I've just completed on the timber ridge. This is a 5% grade through Spruce forest..

O7xyqyF.jpg

5AKTp2O.jpg

past the summit and downhill at 3.5%

Vn3AxbP.jpg

I expect that someone will say 'Mack" didn't make all those rail cars, that someone could be right but there is no proof they didn't.

But.

The one with the canvas top is an accurate reproduction of the Uintah rail car and Mack made that one. Photographs prove it.

However, the flatbed is really the basic chassis and I am supposing that "Mack" told it's salesmen to get out and sell that model and allow each railroad to provide their own body. It is adaptable to any gauge between 42" and 24" The original "Mack" concept was a road truck on rails and the construction methods show this. Hidden inside the railcar shape is a truck/lorry chassis and engine, gearbox, and back axle with chain drive to the two axles. The steering wheel, this is not needed for a rail car but I suggest that it is used for the brake, it can't have any other use.

Something to think about - the box in front of the radiator, it is there on #50 but not on an earlier car. I say that it is an added box with an open face towards the radiator grill and an opening below the chassis, and it was added to solve the problem of bugs and air-borne seeds in windy desert conditions clogging the grill.

Peter

Thought this area was looking bare compared to rest of layot... might have fixed it before my computer crash but cant remember

Did upload a Backups for myself to DLS
Includes Layot, Base Session, Full Session

Download at own risk does include items not on DLS, do have a Backup CDP of those items that I can't upload.
As noted in description Rolling stock on mainline track is a Track Objects from the 297 series Very handy items., the narrow gauge rolling stock included is either altered and a for Eye candy.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Back