Narrow gauge screenshots

The water glass issue is actually really easy to fix. I have the same problem with the sound, so I used to swap the sound (and sometimes the E-spec) out for one that worked until I moved up to TANE and that no longer solved it for me. There are plenty of other train sounds you can use but if you're a stickler like me, it is really hard to find a combo of e-spec and sound that is good. Most I have tried are either quiet like you mentioned, or instead of 4 "chuffs" per full revolution of the wheels like it should be, I'm getting anywhere from 8-16.

Last edited:
The water glass issue is actually really easy to fix. I have the same problem with the sound, so I used to swap the sound (and sometimes the E-spec) out for one that worked until I moved up to TANE and that no longer solved it for me. There are plenty of other train sounds you can use but if you're a stickler like me, it is really hard to find a combo of e-spec and sound that is good. Most I have tried are either quiet like you mentioned, or instead of 4 "chuffs" per full revolution of the wheels like it should be, I'm getting anywhere from 8-16.

Those really nice south park 2-6-6's had terrible engine specs, they sounded like a berserk threshing machine at almost any speed. shame as they are lovely models. I never seem to have enough time to play with fixing locos and rolling stock .... but i must get prowlers items to work at least.i do intend to do a scenario where the Uintah was taken over by the DRGW ( which was a possibility in 1939 but they declined as it had been run down so much it simply wasn't economic as there was no extension to Bonanza , in an alternative reality it would be nice to see mudhens and k37s on the Evacuation creek bridges and in the canyon even if it annoyed a few people due to lack of authenticity. .

I thought I'd take a look at the route and prowler901's locomotives in TRS19

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Not bad I guess; no better, no worse than TANE IMO.

I was wondering why there was such a difference in look to Togogs number 450 and Prowlers Mudhens . Correct me if I am wrong, but these are of the later K 27's design, whereas it appears that number 450 by Togog is of the original side valve design. It nice to have versions of both i must admit, but I think i prefer the later look.

qEIHTUa.jpg

Nb9GiwM.jpg

GzHBIUM.jpg

tVA8Nor.jpg

Prowler did a large number of K-27s in their later years with either piston or slide valves accordingly. Togog did a handful of them, 450 and 451 are in their very early appearance, complete with slopeback tenders and large box headlights, with 450 being as built with Vauclain compound cylinders and 451 after the conversion to regular cylinders with slide valves.

bdaneal also has a single K-27 available on his Subpar Productions site.

Needs a bit of work I think. He also has six C-18s. :D

Something I should have thought of long ago. sssjung's 600mm/2ft rolling stock on the Gossen R.R.

Some of this stuff would be handy on sugar cane routes too. :D

Edit: Yes, sssjung's locos look pretty good on a cane route. The addition of 4 (5 actually, I missed one) steamers is nice and you can never have enough tiny diesels so a couple of more is nice too.

His water tanker is awesome.

:D

Last edited:
LOL, Owners of Murwillumbah Sugar Co. take potential investors on a tour of the fields in their vintage rolling stock.

Last edited:
Something I should have thought of long ago. sssjung's 600mm/2ft rolling stock on the Gossen R.R.

Some of this stuff would be handy on sugar cane routes too. :D

Edit: Yes, sssjung's locos look pretty good on a cane route. The addition of 4 (5 actually, I missed one) steamers is nice and you can never have enough tiny diesels so a couple of more is nice too.

His water tanker is awesome.

Looks a nice route, especially the forested sections.is it on DLS ?

Looks a nice route, especially the forested sections.is it on DLS ?

The forested section is <kuid2:44700:800045:6> Northbay County TS12 with the original trees replaced with speed trees. The other route is a sugar cane route that I've been customizing for years based on <kuid:68830:100029> NSW North Coast

I thought he'd only done one tender engine for 600mm gauge. The other versions of that were meant to be 760mm gauge, weren't they?

I thought he'd only done one tender engine for 600mm gauge. The other versions of that were meant to be 760mm gauge, weren't they?

I believe you are correct Thule_P. I thought that the BR 99 was 600mm but it is clearly marked 760mm, my bad. :D

I gotta say the old routes look better in TANE (above) than in TRS19 (below)

Norm, I don't usually repost pics but I've been known to make exceptions. While it might not look as good in TS19 as it does in TANE, EBT No 17 looks right at home on that route pushing a string of flat cars with logs. In the 1920's the McKelvey Brothers Logging Co shipped a lot of timber products over the EBT to MT Union, PA. Most of the flat cars they used on their logging RR were EBT cars. The EBT erected a special crane in Mt Union to transfer timber from the ng flat cars to sg cars handled by the PRR. They called it the Timber Transfer - naturally.

When the McKelveys ceased operations in Huntingdon County the EBT's crane was used a lot less. Then some director decided to use it to lift up sg cars so they could roll out the sg trucks and roll in ng ones - the yard was 3 rail dg track. Sg cars could then be hauled over the EBT ng tracks. Some went as far as Robertsdale, a 32 mile trip. Clearances were generally ok for the larger cars though there's stories of at least 1 tank car getting stuck in Sidling Hill Tunnel - IIRC.

Bob Pearson

PS - Who's flat cars are those?

Hey Bob,
The flatcar is <kuid2:124060:15041:2> 36NG 25' flatcar (NCNG) by pencil42 build 2.4
The route is <kuid:115479:102429> Knoebel Lumber Company by rooneth3808 also build 2.4
The two locomotives are by bdaneal and are build 2.0

Beaver Valley,

EBT #3 by togog and coaches by you, thanks! :hehe:

Last edited:
Back