Narrow gauge screenshots

Norm

Winter in Northbay. I love it.

Looks entirely different. Despite all the nay-sayers, T:ane really does make an old route come to life when aided by your deft treatment. Thanks for showing.

Peter

Thanks, yeah TANE is pretty much a two steps forward, one step back deal. The Decker no longer works dependably in TANE SP2. <sigh>

:cool: I can just get lost and fully immersed in these mountain pictures, what an artist you are..........Great stuff!

:wave: Thanks for sharing with us.

The magic is all Jango's I'm just along for the ride. :D

Locomotive by Prowler901, carriages by Togog BTW.

Last edited:
Hi Norm,
always fond of the old Rollins NG? :D

Beautiful screenshots!

:D It is more like I'm fond of old western railroading and your Rollins Pass is one of the best routes to feed the need. :hehe:

(Hum, Rollins Pass could do a nice stand in for California's mountains for the Central Pacific :eek: )

Dearnby to Speith

Just a shot of a narrow gauge WIP. The loco has sneaked in from the Welsh Highland Railway....
f735fabbe81f05dcd5bb677b3569b9e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dear friend, what kind of route is this, you are working on?
Is this TransDEM based or "freelance" built?
Is this map available anywhere anyway any time?

That is Rollins Pass by TrainzItalia's Jango, it is a DEM based route I think. At this time I don't think it is available anywhere as they are getting ready to release a new TANE version.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?138510-ROLLINS-PASS-1910-winter-NEWS

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?123265-ROLLINS-PASS-WINTER-from-TrainZItalia

There were older payware versions Rollins Pass 1915 and Rollins Pass 1915 Winter that aren't available any more. Jango was kind enough to allow me to release a narrow gauge version with his help for a brief time on their site but it is also no longer available.

TrainzItalia does have Sherman Hill (standard gauge) and White Pass and Yukon (narrow gauge) available as freeware but you will have to register to gain access.

They also have Donner Pass available as payware for TS12SP1.

Rumor has it that their West From Denver modernized for TANE might be coming also. (same area as Rollins Pass 1910 but some 75 years later)

Edit: I should mention that there is <kuid:682163:101168> D&RGW ROLLINS PASS WITH MOFFAT TUNNEL 2.3 by pennsylvaniarr01 on the DLS which appears to be based on the same DEM.

Last edited:
Dear normhart,
many thanks for your interesting good news.
A very long time I search for a narrow gauge D&RGW line.
(or anything else in this way)

The next step? I have to catch this route - somehow.
d055.gif

Timber Ridge Line by Klinger on the DLS, while old it is very interesting with 30", 36", and Standard Gauge tracks (some duel gauge too). Not DEM by any means but a lot of fun trying to modernize and add stuff to. If you have been collecting D&RGW stuff this is the place to run them all.

There are a couple of threads about Timber Ridge Line here in the screenshot section of the forum. Here is a quick shot from TRL on the 36" line.

PennsylvaniaRR's route is D&RGW modern but fantasy too.

Have fun! :D

Last edited:
Speaking of Timber Ridge Line I've used the route to show off a new (old) industry I just discovered on TPR http://trainzproroutes.org/tprdownloads/. Fitz505's Narrow Gauge Reefer System is probably familiar to the old timers but I have a lot of narrow gauge routes and I haven't found it on any of them so I thought I'd show if off. I can't do better than reproduce Fitz's readme to introduce it.

KUID2:67794:60001:1 28ft NG wood Reefer. Has operating doors and hatches. The reefer has operating doors and hatches. When used with the Ice Platform, you will see the planks form the platform slide out, the hatches open, ice is loaded (invisible), hatches close and the planks retract. At the Reefer Cleanout Track, the cargo doors will open as your overworked Trainz employee's clean the car. Actually, this removes the reefer ice. All with appropiate sound effects. Loads visible cargo. The link & pin couplers are attachments, so you can substitute your favorite couplers, though I can't guarantee alignment.

This is part of what I call a NG reefer system that contains the following Kuid's:

kuid2:67794:50004:1 NG Branchline Ice Platform. Loads ice into a NG reefer. Has animated planks that slide into position and animated platform loading routine.

kuid2:67794:38000:1 NG Freight House. Provides cargo in the form of mixed vegetable crates to be loaded in the reefer. Has animated cargo door and attachment points for visible cargo.

kuid2:67794:38002:1 NG Packing House. Receives the loaded reefer of vegetable crates and produces crates of tinned canned goods. Has animated cargo doors that open depending on shipping or receiving and attachment points for visible cargo. There is a number of NG boxcars available on the DLS and at TrainzProRoutes that are capable of carrying the canned goods.

kuid2:67794:38005:1 NG WareHouse. Receives the canned goods and also set up to receive Pencil42's General Goods <kuid2:124060:10001:2>. Animated cargo doors and attachment points for visible cargo.

kuid2:67794:38006:1 Reefer Cleanout Track. This is where the reefer would be cleaned and prepared for it's next load. In our Trainz world, this is where we unload our reefer ice.

kuid2:67794:50050:1 Canned Product Crates. Product used by reefer and industries. Has texture mixing for varied cargo.

kuid2:67794:50051:1 Vegetable Crates. Product used by reefer and industries. Has texture mixing for varied cargo.

KUID2:67794:50052:1 Reefer Ice. required by the Ice Platfrom, Reefer Cleanout Track and the reefer.

A suggested operating session would have you spot the reefer at the Ice Platform to pre-load the reefer with ice. Then move the reefer to the Freight House where your sharecroppers and tenent farmers have been leaving off their produce and load the reefer. Move the loaded reefer down the line to the Packing House and unload the reefer and then move the reefer to the Reefer Cleanout Track to prepare it for it's next load (unload the ice). Using one of the industry interactive NG boxcars available on the DLS & TPR site, spot the boxcar at the Packing House and load the car with crates of canned produce and run the car down the line to the Warehouse for unloading where they will be distributed to the local Piggly Wiggly markets. Enjoy!

Fitz505

Some assets are on the DLS but most are available on TPR. Pictures to follow :D

Back