Narrow gauge screenshots

Rastino's Poehlwassertalbahn modified for TRS19 (only tracks and speedtrees replaced).

The morning train leavin Oberrittersgrün.

Poehlwassertalbahn-1.jpg

Poehlwassertalbahn-3.jpg

Poehlwassertalbahn-4.jpg

Poehlwassertalbahn-2.jpg

Peter

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Not well marked but it appears to be a 36 in NG logging operation, the siding is called Decker.

Yup it appears to be a logging operation

But wait. What are those sackes of explosives? And what is this little 2ft gauge railroad doing here?

Time to do some exploring!

TANESP3
:D

Last edited:
That doesn't look much like logging

Huh, a loose string of ore gondolas and way, way below the Tollume River

No wonder they have a Kitson Meyer with 6% plus grades.

Wonder where this is all going? ;)

Last edited:
Well, well a second Kitson Meyer

Looks like she's hauling coal

And there we are 2.3 miles down the hill there are two mines gold and coal! And they are running three Kitson Meyers, pretty impressive little operation. Hum there's some rickity old track going over the slope back there.

Oh my! Switchback Heaven!

:D

great stuff Norm, i should have thrown in some way of getting those logs off the 2ft gauge onto the 3ft, the coal loads are catered for but I missed out that little matter of the logs ( in truth I just wanted to make a 2ft line and fudged the logistics.)
I suppose some sort of overhead crane would fit the bill .......it was rather a tight squeeze to get the yard in as it is, needs some dual gauge track to allow transfer or a separate 3ft line running parallel with the 2ft line , could run the 2ft further long next to the 3ft logging I guess.

What beautiful rugged wilderness Shots, Looks like the Loco's are up the challenge hauling the weight on 6% Grades.........

Thank you Normhart for sharing and others too...............

great stuff Norm, i should have thrown in some way of getting those logs off the 2ft gauge onto the 3ft, the coal loads are catered for but I missed out that little matter of the logs ( in truth I just wanted to make a 2ft line and fudged the logistics.)
I suppose some sort of overhead crane would fit the bill .......it was rather a tight squeeze to get the yard in as it is, needs some dual gauge track to allow transfer or a separate 3ft line running parallel with the 2ft line , could run the 2ft further long next to the 3ft logging I guess.

I have some thoughts on that but I want to wait until I understand operations better. Since you apparently haven't announced a name for this 2ft I'm calling it the Decker Logging and Mining Co. I like the ops on the upper section, basically two yards that hold all three consists at either end with no passing siding. At first glance the lower section has about the same operational layout. :D

The three locomotives working "Switchback Heaven".

He he, the AI can actually handle all those switchbacks, barely. :hehe:

Looks like there's been an avalanche down here too, snow over several sections. :D

Last edited:
I have some thoughts on that but I want to wait until I understand operations better. Since you apparently haven't announced a name for this 2ft I'm calling it the Decker Logging and Mining Co. I like the ops on the upper section, basically two yards that hold all three consists at either end with no passing siding. At first glance the lower section has about the same operational layout. :D

The three locomotives working "Switchback Heaven".

He he, the AI can actually handle all those switchbacks, barely. :hehe:

Looks like there's been an avalanche down here too, snow over several sections. :D

I started a thread as to how many bridges one can get in one shot a while back, which has now lapsed into inactivity., the Uintah has a section with 9 I think, but this comes close.

Back