Narrow gauge screenshots

Only insofar as theres no way to load up a .trainzmesh to guide point positioning.

Stinks, I've asked before and nothing seems to be coming from either N3V or the community. Probably because the knowledge needed to read the files can be misused to allow decompiling assets.

Hello Phil,
I concur with frogpipe.
It is possible to SEE the attachment points in a .trainzmesh file by using a Hex editor such as "HxD".
It will show you what they are named, then you know what to call them in the config.
Using the Hex editor I was able to see that edh6 had called his load point "a.load" and not a.load0.
It also told me that there was only the one load point. As to the actual position of the attachment point, that I'm afraid is hidden in the "hieroglyphics".
I use it only as a viewing tool.

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
Not forgetting my 2ft WHR B and DZ wagons also have the load attachment, just needs the config editing to whatever loads are required, the attachment is dead centre by the way.

Hi Malc --

Thanks. The issue here, of course, is that I can make the required changes but if I want to use the modified wagon in a session that I upload to the Download Station then the user will also have to make the same change. Some may have the ability to do this; most will not.

So a special request -- would you be willing to upload an updated version? The script I added to the platform wagon by edh6 is:

queues
{
load0
{
size 1
initial-count 0

attachment-points
{
0 "a.load"
}
}
}

where "a.load" is the attachment point. It's not necessary to specify commodities because this can be done by the player when in Driver.

The script can be added anywhere in the config.txt file.

Now all I need is an interactive wagon that will carry bulk loads with texture replacement. Then it can be used for coal, woodchips, ... .

Phil

Hi Malc --

Thanks. The issue here, of course, is that I can make the required changes but if I want to use the modified wagon in a session that I upload to the Download Station then the user will also have to make the same change. Some may have the ability to do this; most will not.

So a special request -- would you be willing to upload an updated version? The script I added to the platform wagon by edh6 is:

queues
{
load0
{
size 1
initial-count 0

attachment-points
{
0 "a.load"
}
}
}

where "a.load" is the attachment point. It's not necessary to specify commodities because this can be done by the player when in Driver.

The script can be added anywhere in the config.txt file.

Now all I need is an interactive wagon that will carry bulk loads with texture replacement. Then it can be used for coal, woodchips, ... .

Phil

Phil
No problem, it's something I meant to do ages ago, I'll sort it out probably Saturday now as tied up with family tomorrow.

For info I now have a reskins mods etc allowed Policy, as listed in the https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ection-of-declaring-(relinquishing)-of-rights thread should you need to reskin.

600mm/NG24 Hf110 and log train (interactive wagons))

600mm-HF110-weathered-1.jpg

600mm-HF110-weathered-2.jpg

loco available soon, wagons available now.

Cheers,
Graham

Hi evilcrow --

Wonderful screenshot. The flowers. Is that the same Clutter Effect that I used in my first release of the TRS22 version of "The Hoofhearted & Smelz" -- Flowers 2 -- which had an annoying habit of the Chamomile B flowers suddenly popping up into view?

If so I've uploaded a revised version of that particular flower. I altered the level of detail parameters to make the transition between close up and far distance less aggressive. It can be used to replace the original in the Flowers 2 Clutter Effect.

Look for "Ground Cover Flower Chamomile B - lod modified" on the Download Station.

Phil

re post #3626 philskene
Hello Phil, many thanks for the compliment.
Here's a shot with your "Ground Cover Flower Chamomile B - lod modified".
Many thanks for the "mod", it's a massive improvement.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Pitkin has slaved away despite issues with engine specs and new session has been added for the Uintah Rwy, Dragon to Wendella, here we see number 30 picking up gilsonite at the old black dragon mine loader.
ag73OfS.jpg

pR2qg2F.jpg

loading at Dragon
iFyFlQl.jpg

Mt Princeton 1883,a brace of DSP&P consolidations are preparing to tackle 10 miles of 4% grades. These magnificent engines courtesy Trainboi
cgqxADW.jpg

5XxLgBj.jpg

dPqMGJM.jpg

Back