Narrow gauge screenshots

Strahan (Regatta Point) to Queenstown Tasmania route by jamesh1955.

qEYtPWE.jpg

6mnnWRZ.jpg

o7hQlro.jpg

Hi Dangavel,
Always interesting your screenshots.

Can you tell me the kuid of the ground textures of the creek ?

Hi Dangavel,
Always interesting your screenshots.

Can you tell me the kuid of the ground textures of the creek ?

Actually Jango its your own creek spline with the color modified ( pretty much removed ) !:)

Its the aqua 4 spline . I've tried to avoid using anything that is not on the DLC , but this was one occasion where that spline is the only one that remotely fitted the bill ,if i ever release the route as a freebee I'd have to ask your permission to use upload to the DLC .The creeks are alkaline to the extreme and very shallow , often nearly dry, so this is ideal as its very subtle and more or less gets the feel right.

Strahan to Queenstown Tasmania by jamesh1955- regauged in TANE SP3 from 3ft-6in to 3ft ng for EBT equipment. Vern, many thanks for this route. I liked the scenery so much I wanted to see what the EBT would look like in something similar. Not your typical coal hauling set up I might add. With almost 6% on the hill it takes 2 big mikes to handle a typical EBT consist where the grade is only 2.65%. Here front loco No 18 is hooked up and charging up hill at 15 mph with 24 empties and out of sight on the rear 2-8-2 No 16 is hooked up and dragging coach No 9 behind it. The AM miners run typically had a coach to carry miners commuting to work along with the empty hoppers returning to the coal mines.

EBT-18-%26-16-on-WCWR-9.jpg

On the flat neither loco has to work too hard.

EBT-18-%26-16-on-WCWR-10.jpg

Bob Pearson

Well, this looks a lot better in TRS19 than I expected

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

There are some ground texture issues and no chuffing from the locomotives but given how old it all is, very impressive. Old routes never die... :D

All 8 sessions seem to work although the htmls seem to have issues. All dependencies, including rolling stock, are error free on the DLS except for one sirgibby waterfall.

Last edited:
Norm

Thanks for showing it. At first glance, I didn't recognize it but it seemed familiar, then it dawned on me, it was our masterpiece. Probably unique in that we had a team of 10 people to create it over many months. About 99% was especially made for the route. It does show up well.

Let's see how many people recognize it. Don't tell.

Peter

:D

The locomotives and rolling stock look pretty good

But the ground textures do have problems

The towns and traffic look surprisingly good

:D

I know it! :)
At the time of the construction of this map it was interesting to follow the corresponding thread in the forum.

Regards
Swordfish

... of course it has to be the majestic, glorious Darjeeling .. at least 6 years ago ... nice to know it still / also works in ts19 .. thanks again for this jewel ...
grtz & have fun
daveric

Ok was asked to upload Busy Beaver a few days ago, as the original had problems I found my original art work including the blank version I made so I could letter it for Gopher Creek. I cloned the original but stupid CMP has given me a old KUID that is now not accepted for upload, tried to edit it to what it should be wont commit saying it does not match anymore, Would need to get Permission from Ben again anyway to do this, could just replace the one on TPR I spose. Norm I agree looks a lot better in TRS19

Tom

Last edited:
it would be nice to have the H and D running in full glory in 2019, i'd transfer the uintah to 2019 but i fear all my customised stuff will not look very good. i've been replacing some assets which are slowing everything down and since i did its much more responsive to work on.
NaEXs7p.jpg

HFWm0u1.jpg

whats taking ages is all these distant mountains to cover in textures or vegetation.Plus I keep on discovering more and more creeks to insert , there's more or less one for every fold in the hills. :-(

No disagreeable comment, but a extra passenger car for the tank loco would acquire double-heading with a shay.
oh dear, it's YOU again, making comments about rolling stock. Well you are wrong me old mucker it would not require double heading, if you were actually taking notice and read my progress blog, you would realise that this is the IMAGINARY section of the route , it never existed, which given your presumably deep knowledge of the route you should know, because no bridge of this design actually existed on the Uintah. When I designed this ( using the map from the Polley book) it turned out that apart from a few very short stretches , there were very mild grades in this section, no more then 3%, but furthermore there is a passing siding at white river where a helper is stationed to help the 0-6-0 up the 6% grade to Ute , so ya boo sucks to you mate (as the hideous skoolboy Molesworth would say) you are completely WRONG .

You really don't ever change do you ? You remain as pernickety and exasperating as ever with never a good word to say about this project . Why are you so darned negative all the time ?

I was only being nice to explain the details I've heard from URY DVD, I am NOT wrong but I am correct.
If you don't wanna agree with it, just ignored it or say nicely that you disagree.

I was only being nice to explain the details I've heard from URY DVD, I am NOT wrong but I am correct.
If you don't wanna agree with it, just ignored it or say nicely that you disagree.

it annoys me that you seem to want to set yourself up as some sort of all knowing custodian of this routes rolling stock practices .I think this is about the eighth time you have made a remark about my screenshots and the stock contained within them... but you have studiously avoided ever saying one positive thing about my construction. Therefor I assume you disapprove.
Regarding my reply.
Of course you are incorrect, this is a section of line that DOESNT EXIST , thus the rules that applied to Baxter pass do not apply, even in the real line, after Baxter pass an extra coach could easily be moved by the 0-6-0 on all parts of the line apart from the Rainbow Junction branch. However traffic didn't warrant the use of two coaches after dragon mines closed. However in my imaginary scenario traffic increased once Bonanza was opened especially in the war years so an extra coach was added and if needed a shay would have been available at White River.

Perhaps you are one of those people who don't realize when they are annoying people , but I can tell you that you annoy me a LOT. How would you like it if i posted comments like yours saying the same old thing over and over ? I've taken it on board and I reject it because although I'm trying to make this route as realistic and prototypical as possible , I also want to have fun and if that means throwing in combos of locos and stock that weren't used on the line.......well too bad, suck it up , because nothings going to change.

Just do me a favor and give it a rest. You've been doing this for nearly two years now,you know it annoys me , but you keep on repeating your little memes over correct rolling stock just like a cracked record . if you had some positive criticism that's fine but its always the same old same old , why not point out that the track hasn't got some standard gauge ties ? Or that some industries are existing in the wrong time frame ? or the scenery looks cruddy . I can accept that happily.

Just give it a rest about rolling stock, PLEASE !!!!! :)

I've tried to be fair, but now I'm insulted to never admit I'm annoying.

well there you go, both of us have been insulted, the solution , avoid negatively commenting about the rolling stock on my screenshots and you wont get insulted again.:)

Apologies to all those viewers who were bored stiff by this, I'll tackle it via private messages if it happens again.

Last edited:
Before i started the Uintah route I was updating the Cumbres and Toltec, I started at both ends and did a bit in the middle. Most of it isn't up to my present standards, but a few bits look ok. Best thing is, now I have a better graphics card it flies along , at the time i did this it was grinding to a halt with all this sage and then the entire route ended up with a built in bush asset just suddenly appearing all over the track, that was weird ! It resulted in lots of lost work, which made me decide to put it aside . this is what remains on the non corrupted route.

Outside Antonito.
EqazZ7Y.jpg

V7dt7MH.jpg

Hangmans Trestle.

tr2TaIL.jpg

Approaching Gravity hill
LpvU4o7.jpg

Gravity Hill.

Last edited:
Trying very hard not to be insulting the little 2-6-2T used on Puffing Billy Victoria Australia pull 11 Cars at 10Tons each totalling 110 Tons up steep grades maybe its 7mph but they did it ok in the 60's - 70's Notice the double heading lately but seen photo's of Belgrave Platform that looks like it has been lengthened now and the train looks full length in the platform

Tom

Last edited:
Back