Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3117

Thread: Narrow gauge screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Thad09 View Post
    K-37 492 with a string of loaded pipe gons entering Monero NM.
    Where did you get pipe gons?

Nice route BTW
    Dear Alabama,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Where did you get pipe gons?

Nice route BTW
    I refurbished Bendorsey's pipe gons to have interactive loads.
    [Insert Generic Signature]

I refurbished Bendorsey's pipe gons to have interactive loads.
    Cool Beans!
    Dear Alabama,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Dangavel,
    Re: Post 3085
    Those rock faces for the Timber Ridge really look amazing! Great work.

Heinrich505

I expect that someone will say 'Mack" didn't make all those rail cars, that someone could be right but there is no proof they didn't.

But.

The one with the canvas top is an accurate reproduction of the Uintah rail car and Mack made that one. Photographs prove it.

However, the flatbed is really the basic chassis and I am supposing that "Mack" told it's salesmen to get out and sell that model and allow each railroad to provide their own body. It is adaptable to any gauge between 42" and 24" The original "Mack" concept was a road truck on rails and the construction methods show this. Hidden inside the railcar shape is a truck/lorry chassis and engine, gearbox, and back axle with chain drive to the two axles. The steering wheel, this is not needed for a rail car but I suggest that it is used for the brake, it can't have any other use.

Something to think about - the box in front of the radiator, it is there on #50 but not on an earlier car. I say that it is an added box with an open face towards the radiator grill and an opening below the chassis, and it was added to solve the problem of bugs and air-borne seeds in windy desert conditions clogging the grill.

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Some were sitting rather high up in the saddle

While others were quite squat and dinky

Other equipment was equally quaint and quite squat in size

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...x3oTjgTh22VLM:

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...t_1d2QG3loY9M:

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...t_1d2QG3loY9M:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Uint...2pdf9o3So1vrM:
    Last edited by MP242; October 3rd, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
    I want all my performance sliders set to "Full"

Thought this area was looking bare compared to rest of layot... might have fixed it before my computer crash but cant remember

Did upload a Backups for myself to DLS
    Includes Layot, Base Session, Full Session

Download at own risk does include items not on DLS, do have a Backup CDP of those items that I can't upload.
    As noted in description Rolling stock on mainline track is a Track Objects from the 297 series Very handy items., the narrow gauge rolling stock included is either altered and a for Eye candy.

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; October 12th, 2019 at 02:26 AM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Meanwhile in fictive polish city. Wls150 locomotive with some coal carriages is going to "Wojciech II" shaft.

Love these updates of the TU-3 & 4's by Dispether you can change the lights on each end plus the ability to shut the locos down sound and exhaust stop in both modes but in dcc mode they are still drivable with exhaust still coming out when shut down but thats ok includes startup and shutdown sound sequence .... Really nice these are the blue ones the TU3 have a custom Russian cab and the TU4 use a Russian cab that looks like a German V60 cab style but there is 8 X TU3's and 3 Tu4's sadly the others 2Tu2, Tu2, Tu6a, Tu7, Tu7a don't work above TS12 witch is a shame.

Also found one more that work the same with custom cab also LXD2

Tom

Last edited by tdstead; October 16th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

K-37 492 with a string of loaded pipe gons entering Monero NM.

Sweet stuff ,
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by narrowgauge View Post
    I expect that someone will say 'Mack" didn't make all those rail cars, that someone could be right but there is no proof they didn't.

But.

The one with the canvas top is an accurate reproduction of the Uintah rail car and Mack made that one. Photographs prove it.

However, the flatbed is really the basic chassis and I am supposing that "Mack" told it's salesmen to get out and sell that model and allow each railroad to provide their own body. It is adaptable to any gauge between 42" and 24" The original "Mack" concept was a road truck on rails and the construction methods show this. Hidden inside the railcar shape is a truck/lorry chassis and engine, gearbox, and back axle with chain drive to the two axles. The steering wheel, this is not needed for a rail car but I suggest that it is used for the brake, it can't have any other use.

Something to think about - the box in front of the radiator, it is there on #50 but not on an earlier car. I say that it is an added box with an open face towards the radiator grill and an opening below the chassis, and it was added to solve the problem of bugs and air-borne seeds in windy desert conditions clogging the grill.

Peter
    Well the Mack company weren't responsible for the ones on the uintah, all done in house by the company in its own shops. They always were an iodiosyncratic bunch of fellows, like Sinatra " they did it their way."
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Dave

I can only go by the drawing by Gary Caviglia. He attributes it to Mack Trucks, Inc, Allentown, Penn. Even if they did not make the rail car, judging by the construction methods and definitely the major parts, a road lorry/truck from somewhere was converted. It seems possible that the sacrificed vehicle was a Mack and the name stuck. However, I will remove the name from the content, makes no difference to me. I spent enough time trying to get the details construction details right, getting the name right is part of the deal.

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

Quote Originally Posted by narrowgauge View Post
    Dave

I can only go by the drawing by Gary Caviglia. He attributes it to Mack Trucks, Inc, Allentown, Penn. Even if they did not make the rail car, judging by the construction methods and definitely the major parts, a road lorry/truck from somewhere was converted. It seems possible that the sacrificed vehicle was a Mack and the name stuck. However, I will remove the name from the content, makes no difference to me. I spent enough time trying to get the details construction details right, getting the name right is part of the deal.

Peter
    No worries Peter, it is definitely a Mack light bus/truck originally, but the Mack company didn't convert it in any way, just as the other railcars are cars that the company happened to have hanging around and adapted for their purposes. No need to change anything, its simply a mack that was converted into a railcar by the Uintah railway in the Atchee shops without the involvement of the truck company .

New section on Timber Ridge revision i did a week or so ago , this is the 30 inch section connection to Redtop .

some new shots between Glenview and Montridge on the 36 inch gauge section . U rebuilt the entire section to have stiffer grades and increased height.I am of the opinion that all NG routes should feature as many hills as possible which are being traversed by Trains....

Last edited by dangavel; October 24th, 2019 at 05:36 AM.