Narrow gauge screenshots

Thanks guys, i've started using 2048 x 512 images for the cliff splines and that avoids as much repetition when they are strung out along a longer rock face, google earth is also a real help, a lot of these mountain faces are very green on one side where protected from the wind and then quite barren on the other side where they get the blast of hot and cold weather .
its is going to be a hard decision where to cut off actual vegetation and move to textures , as there are huge vistas in this pass, i don't want to overload this route because as it is a 2gb card is struggling to cope. 4gb gtx 780m works reasonably well. But thats a three year old non upgradable card, its going to want at least that to power it when finished, as although much of it is desert , it does have masses of sage over most of its 80 miles, not a lot of that vegetation is optimized for TANE and thats why I need a better computer with a better GPU. I'm in negotiations with a local firm to build me a gaming rig with an 8gb GTX 1080 to make sure I can finish the darned thing and they tell me they have lots of Trainz and truck simulator users who are wanting similar ..... we must all be a bit cracked :)

Beautiful work, interesting route.
I really like.
Great choice for the graphics card. I just installed a 1070 GTX and going great.
It is a shame that TANE update penalizes great scenery like ours.
I hope Auran quickly fixes the bug.

:wave: Good afternoon Sir Gavel,

I call you that with great respect, after looking at some fantastic scenery shots. What in the heck is not to like on this route? Nothing, it's all good.

You sir have the talent and it really shows on this route, like one of your followers stated, it just gets better and better!

Somewhere I recently I read a dribble about perfection and how it can drive us crazy sometimes, I agree, it can, however beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there are times when you just need to go back and redo some things on a Route whether or not others notice, the thing is, you know it doesn't look or feel right, so it nags till you get it just so! I know, because Scenery and Mountains drive me banana sometimes. It's very hard for me to get that natural setting.

:eek: I have a ques, what version of Plants is dedicated to T:ANE would that be above 4.0? I need to go thru and get rid of all my Shrubs, Tree's etc, is there any easy way to do that?

One last thing, I agree on the high grade computer, a wise person once told me, you'll never go wrong with the right tool for the right job, but if not, the job will take longer to do and your frustration level will rise to an uncomfortable level of Stress. Just speaking in relative terms on how well a computer works overall for us.

:( I made a huge mistake with my dedicated GPU on this laptop I use, even with 16 Gig of Ram and great Samsung SSD, that GPU weakness always shows up. I run the bear minimum apps in Win 10 while playing Trainz, but can't get rid of all the stutter Frames, even with a low settings. It is what it is, and I have learned a valuable lesson for sure.

Keep up the good work Sir Gavel and I like the others are chopping at the bit to play on this route.

South African Mite! - Ex-South African Railways NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2 Garratt #87 heads a Porthmadog to Caernarfon service on the Welsh Highlands Railway in North Wales. The Belgium-built loco spent 50 years working the Avontuur Line before being placed in storage prior to being moved to the UK for restoration. She has been the mainstay of the WHL since 2010.

49a2ed7d27c04b0f7626f441cea04e17.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Durango and Silverton TANE (now on the White Pages)

@ Normhart,

Always love your shots. I can pick them out very time without even seeing your name.

Is that Prowler's D&S #480 in that shot? In one of your previous posts you suggested that the SP2 hotfix was screwing up his engines again. Did you figure out a way to repair the problem and if so can you share the fix?

Thanks,

Paul :)

Most of prowler901's locomotives seem to be behaving now, I think I might have been referring to one of the HF betas.

I should clarify, if you have any of prowler901's locomotives working in earlier versions of TANE they appear to be working in HF1. (I have not checked them all).

Sounds are not all that good nor are the headlights and performance is iffy but they look killer. :D

Thanks for the reply Norm. Working my way thru his content became a great learning experience for me to get it all working correctly. I started by updating it all to TS12 and the made a second step to TANE. I have most of his content working in a copy of TANE that is still SP1 but have not yet tried installing it in SP2. I know what you are saying about the sounds. That has been a real poser. Some of the engines sound good and some don't no matter now much I try tweaking the things. I haven't yet figured out the secret. You're right though, they are beautiful to look at.

Thanks Again.

:)

New Home for EMMA tried on DSP at Doringburg but had trouble with tight curves train drag was too much for loco around curves so modified here at Rotenturm on same layot Enzianbahn, with the fun fair in town has to be the perfect spot, need to ballast new track.

Tom

New-Home-for-EMMA-tried-on-DSP-at-Doringburg-but-had-trouble-with-tight-curves%2C-so-modified-here-at-Rotenturan-on-same-layot-Enzianbahn..jpg

Last edited:
weird, added a load of images earlier , but none appeared... anyway here's some more Uintah Railway shots, firstly the bonanza extension between Watson and the White river : these bridges are a variation of the Georgetown loop bridge.
CucDXmB.jpg

EGvCuqu.jpg

ZUEr423.jpg

and a shot from the canyon approaching Carbonera near MP 18
d8GqDze.png

vZmlVpS.png

Near MP 10
vd46Zwl.png

Wendella , just before the 5%grade up Baxter pass.

Most of prowler901's locomotives seem to be behaving now, I think I might have been referring to one of the HF betas.

I should clarify, if you have any of prowler901's locomotives working in earlier versions of TANE they appear to be working in HF1. (I have not checked them all).

Sounds are not all that good nor are the headlights and performance is iffy but they look killer. :D

I've got a problem with their headlights. Whenever I turn them on, I get a yellow cone coming from the headlights, which starts out yellow at the headlights and slowly turns white at the end of the cone. I managed to get them to work in Tane SP2 HF1, but that's the only problem I have with them.

I've got a problem with their headlights. Whenever I turn them on, I get a yellow cone coming from the headlights, which starts out yellow at the headlights and slowly turns white at the end of the cone. I managed to get them to work in Tane SP2 HF1, but that's the only problem I have with them.
You mean like this?

If so, they have always been like that.

You mean like this?

If so, they have always been like that.

Go to the DLS and look at the thumbnail for boat's 'Underground Boundary Trigger', <KUID:76656:60100>. It looks like that, except black end is yellow and progressively turns white as it goes to the other end of the cone.

Ya, that is one of Prowler901's locos and they are all like that because the lighting wasn't really great in Trainz yet back in TRS2006. I have one of his locos, K-27 #455, because I could not get the other ones to work. I did get all his rolling stock working though.

Tweak the corona which is amber in colour, maybe change it to white or thereabouts. kuid2:43955:10501:1 amber corona

I added some more shots on the Uintah Thread toady, here's one, this is near MP 44 . just finished putting in creeks and some vegetation. another 15 miles or so of this and the creeks will be finished ( hooray !!!!! )
J76P0i2.jpg

Back